PDA

View Full Version : Is marijuana a drug?

MecaKane
11-02-2007, 04:14 AM
I read an article lately that Arnold (you know, the governor of California!) doesn't think marijuana is a drug.

LONDON — California's governor says marijuana is not a drug, a British magazine reported Monday.

Arnold Schwarzenegger told the British edition of GQ magazine that he had not taken drugs. The former bodybuilder and Hollywood star has acknowledged using marijuana in the 1970s and was shown smoking a joint in the 1977 documentary "Pumping Iron."

"That is not a drug. It's a leaf," Schwarzenegger told GQ.

"My drug was pumping iron, trust me," he added.

In an interview for the magazine's December issue, Schwarzenegger refused to condemn politicians who declined to answer questions about drug use.

"What would you rather have? A politician taking stuff and not saying, but making the best decisions and improving things? Or a politician who names all the drugs he or she has taken but makes lousy decisions for the country?" Schwarzenegger was quoted as saying.

"A politician's job is to do what's best for the people and to improve the country, the economy, the environment. Why should I care if a politician takes sleeping pills every night so long as he can do his job?"

In the same interview, Schwarzenegger listed former Prime Minister Tony Blair, who left office in June, as one of the greatest leaders in history, alongside former South African President Nelson Mandela, U.S. Presidents John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan and ex-Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.

Asked if he would include U.S. President George W. Bush on the list, Schwarzenegger — a Republican — said: "I would say that I was ... very fond of his father. I worked for President Bush Sr. and he was a great man."

"I think his son does some great things and there are some other things I don't agree with."

Source: FOXNews.com - Report: Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger Says Marijuana Not a Drug - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,305797,00.html)

What do you think? I mean marijuana isn't really as harmful as other drugs and the word drugs does hold some negative connotation.

I also have much more respect for Arnold because of this! So the second part of this thread is, who is your favorite politician? :</>D

Roto13
11-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Of course it's a drug. There's only one side on this. The Governator is an idiot.

Woodinator
11-02-2007, 05:53 AM
yeah, it's a drug. There can be no denying that.

blackmage_nuke
11-02-2007, 06:05 AM
it's a drug, but thats not to say it's bad

Markus. D
11-02-2007, 09:48 AM
YouTube - Arnold Rave (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PkbB-X9654s)

With thanks to Ome for the Link.

Heath
11-02-2007, 10:16 AM
It is a drug though. Perhaps all the negative connotations associated with the word don't always apply, but the fact that it releases THC into the body causing a specific reaction would qualify it as a drug, right?

Favourite politician? Probably John Prescott (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4WNBByHrlmk) because any politician who can have an entire Wikipedia article dedicated to "contentious events" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Prescott:_Contentious_events) involving them is pure win. Also he punched some guy in a town near me once and it was great.

Luara
11-02-2007, 10:23 AM
you should give a try . . .

Misfit
11-02-2007, 12:00 PM
I think YOU are a drug >:o

Chemical
11-02-2007, 12:18 PM
drug1 /drʌg/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[druhg] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, drugged, drug·ging.
–noun
1. Pharmacology.
<b>a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.</b>

2. (in federal law)
<b>a. any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation. </b>
<b>b. any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.</b>
<b>c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.</b>
d. any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device.

3.<b> a habit-forming medicinal or illicit substance, esp. a narcotic.</b>

4. drugs,
<b>a. chemical substances prepared and sold as pharmaceutical items, either by prescription or over the counter. </b>
b. personal hygienic items sold in a drugstore, as toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.

5. Obsolete. any ingredient used in chemistry, pharmacy, dyeing, or the like.

6/9 suitable definitions for marijuana allocated under "drug",
conclusion, Arnold is on the pot.

Captain Maxx Power
11-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Everyone knows that if you don't take drugs you're a right-wing commie loser.

Bunny
11-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Chemical knows drugs.

GrimmReaper
11-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I kill people for a living, so technically that falls under 2c as listed above:
c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.

am i a drug? D: