PDA

View Full Version : Do you *need* a CD-ROM in order to install Japanese on your computer?

Peter_20
11-02-2007, 04:33 PM
wtf, my computer refuses to install Japanese and keeps going on about this CD-ROM, which of course can't be lying around by the computer, but has decided to be on some other random place.
Will I really need this freaking CD-ROM in order to install Japanese?

Help!

starseeker
11-02-2007, 05:58 PM
It depends. When I installed Japanese language support on my XP computers I didn't need them. I think the computer downloaded the files from the Microsoft Website.

What version of Windows do you have? If you have XP try enabling the language support through the languages section on the Control Panel.

Peter_20
11-02-2007, 07:30 PM
It depends. When I installed Japanese language support on my XP computers I didn't need them. I think the computer downloaded the files from the Microsoft Website.

What version of Windows do you have? If you have XP try enabling the language support through the languages section on the Control Panel.Well, I was in there doing some stuff the other day, but I didn't find Japanese. :eep:

I did, however, find some Finnish stuff, because my computer has changed January, February etc. with Tammikuu, Helmikuu etc. instead. :confused:

I've got a Dell Dimension 5000 computer.

KoShiatar
11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Have a look here (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/downloads/recommended/ime/default.mspx), that should help you.

crono_logical
11-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Usually the installation files rather than the whole XP CD are enough to install the additional bits required for far eastern language support :p

Rostum
11-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Well, usually you can select to install the Japanese language (among many) when you install Windows 2000 or XP.

What operating system are you using?

Discord
11-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Sorry for going off-topic, but for God's sake, Peter, do you really need to make a new thread for every question concerning Japanese fonts? One would probably be more than enough, considering the fact that you're probably still trying to achieve, more or less, the same goal as in the first post.

Peegee
11-05-2007, 02:10 AM
xD

Put your windoze xp cd in the cdrom drive
load up megatokyo.com on your IE browser
it will prompt you to install Japanese

Done.