PDA

View Full Version : Oh Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl

rubah
11-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Who is your favorite musical babe?

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Your job is to quote lyrics first to the different ones in this song. Some girls might have more than one song. Each individual song's lyrics will count, so consider these to be bonuses if you can get more than one right first :) Covers don't count.

1) Roxanne
2) Josie (Josephine)
3) Rhiannon
4) Matilda
5) Momma (or Mama, Mother, Mom etc)
6) Candy
7) Sally
8) Allison
9) Eileen
10) Mrs. Robinson
11) Cecilia
12) Maria (or Mary)
13) Vera
14) Hailie (or other spellings)
15) Asha
16) Mary Jane
17) Megan
18) Michelle
19) Amanda
20) Susie
21) Layla
22) Sara[h]
23) Lola
24) Ginny/Jenny/etc
25) Dolores
26) Hermione
27) Donna
28) Tina
29) Annie
30) Jolene
31) Sadie
32) Jacqueline
33) Christina
34) Kaye
35) Casey
36) Lyla
37) Maggie
38) Ruby
39) Nina
40) Emily
41) Konstantine
42) Rita
43) Virginia
44) Penny
45) Eleanor

Extra Shakespeare bonus: 46) Ophelia

And quickly, another rundown of the rules:
1) Has to be a girl. Not a boat, a boy, a tree whatever
2) Has to be in the name of the song (or at least popularly believed to be part of the name)
3) You might get bonus points if I am thinking of a more obscure version and you provide it instead of the popular version or with it.
4) And don't google these, for goodness sakes! You don't have to have the lyrics perfect, and the lyrics don't have to include her name, but it has to be enough so that *I* can google it :}
5) Post them here so I have definitive proof of timing!

Jon Thompson
11-03-2007, 03:45 AM
1. Roxanne is my moms name. I'm not sure the actual lyrics.

"Roxanne! You're going to red line? is that it?" Anyways, selftitle, the Police.

46. My friends have a song called 'Ophelia Immortal', it's a metal song so I'm not sure what he's actually saying.

The guidelines are pretty vague man. Unless that is because I've been smoking buckets all day.

rubah
11-03-2007, 05:00 PM
I think it's the grass, dude.

Resha
11-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Haha okay. You want us to quote to the names you gave there? xD

Layla: Got me on my knees Layla, begging darlin' pleaaase Layla; darlin' won't you ease my worried mind? Laylaaa. (I think!) [eric clapton]

Mrs. Robinson: And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you will know~ whoa whoa whoa! God bless you please, Mrs. Robinson, heaven holds a place for those who pray, hey hey hey. Hey hey he-hey. [simon & garfunkel]

Lola: I met her in the club down in ol' Soho where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola~ C-O-L-A. She walked up to me and asked me to dance, I asked her her name and in her *something* voice she said, Lola. L-O-L-A. Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy, but when she squeezed my spine, she nearly broke my spineeee....etc etc etc [the kinks]

Michelle: Michelle, ma belle, these are words which go together well; Michelle, ma belle, sont des mots qui vont tres bien ensemble. I love you I love you I love youuuuu, that's all I wanna say; until I find a way, I will say the only words I know that you'll understand. etc etc [the beatles]

Ruby: Let it never be said -- the romance is dead, coz there's so little else occupying my head. There is nothing I need, 'cept the function to breathe, but I'm not really fussed, doesn't matter to me. RUBY RUBY RUBY ...do you do you do you...know what you're doin' doin' doin' to me? [kaiser chiefs]

Mary Jane: Ah when I go to work, I work all day; always turns out the same. When I bring home my hard-earned pay, I spend my money all on Mary-Jane. Mary-Jane, Mary-Janeee, lor', my Mary-Jane. [janis joplin]

Vera: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn? Remember how she said that we would meeet again, some sunny day? Veraaaa~ Veraaaa! What has become of you? Does anybody else in here feeel the way I do? [pink floyd]

Eleanor: Eleanor Rigby; picks up the rice in a church where a wedding has been. Lives in a dream. Waits at the window, wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door; who is it for? All the lonely people -- where do they all come from? All the lonely people -- where do they all belong? [the beatles]

Lyla: Callin' on the stars to fall and catch the silver sunlight in your hands; comfort me, set me free, lift me up and take me where I stand. She believes in everything, and everyone and you and yours and miiiine~ I waited for a thousand years for you to come and blow me out my mind. HEYYYYYY LYLAAAA. The star's about to fall so whatchu say, Lyla? The world around us makes me feel so small, Lyla~ [oasis]

EDIT: some additions :O

Susie: Wake up little Susie -- wake up! Wake up little Susie -- wake up! We both fell sound asleep, wake up little Susie and weep, the movie's over it's four 'o' clock and we're in trouble deep. Wake up little Susie, wake up little Susie! Weeeelll...what're we gonna tell your momma? What're we gonna tell your pop? What're we gonna tell our friends when they say...ooh la la~

[B]Emily: (this girl has TWO!)

1. Emily tries, but misunderstands; she's often inclined to borrow somebody's dreams till tomorrow. There is no other day; let's try it another way. Go lose your mind and play -- free games for May. Seeee Emily play! Soon after dark, Emily cries; gazing through trees in sorrow, hardly a sound 'till tomorrow. etcetc [pink floyd -- see emily play]

2. What a dream I had, pressed in organdy, dressed in crinoline, of smoky burgundy -- softer than the rain. I wandered empty streets down, past the shop displays, I heard cathedral bells dripping down the alleyways, as I walked on. And when you ran to me, your cheeks flushed with the night, we walked on frosted fields of juniper and lamplight... [simon and garfunkel -- for emily, wherever I may find her]

Momiji
11-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Emily: (this girl has TWO!)

1. Emily tries, but misunderstands; she's often inclined to borrow somebody's dreams till tomorrow. There is no other day; let's try it another way. Go lose your mind and play -- free games for May. Seeee Emily play! Soon after dark, Emily cries; gazing through trees in sorrow, hardly a sound 'till tomorrow. etcetc [pink floyd -- see emily play]

2. What a dream I had, pressed in organdy, dressed in crinoline, of smoky burgundy -- softer than the rain. I wandered empty streets down, past the shop displays, I heard cathedral bells dripping down the alleyways, as I walked on. And when you ran to me, your cheeks flushed with the night, we walked on frosted fields of juniper and lamplight... [simon and garfunkel -- for emily, wherever I may find her]

From First to Last made a song entitled 'Emily' as well. So make that 3.

"She's simple yet confusing, her sparkling eyes make me weak and my words, they tremble; days seem like years in this month of December, the winter coldens me for I have yet to sleep, and never will I give up trying 'cause you're everything to me. I hope it's something worth the waiting, 'cause it's the only time that I ever feel real; thunderstorms can never stop me, for there's no one in this world like Emily." :D

rubah
11-04-2007, 06:05 AM
the 'readin' my mind' bonus is still up for grabs for Lola, Ruby, Mary Jane, and susie.

Nice showing resha :)

Kirobaito
11-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Lola: "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl, with yellow feathers in her haaaaiiirrr and her dress cut down to there..." (May violate rule #2... but most people just know the opening line to "Copa Cabana" by Barry Manilow, so I'm rolling with it)

Annie: "You fill up my senses like a night in a forest, like a mountain in springtime, like a walk in the rain..." ("Annie's Song", John Denver)

Raven Nox
11-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Jolene: Jolene by Dolly Parton - "Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, I'm begging of you please don't take my man. Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Oh please don't take him just because you can."

Konstantine: Konstantine by Something Corporate - "And then you'd bring me home, because we both know what it's like to be alone, and I'm sleeping in your living room. We don't have much room to live."

Virginia: Meet Virginia by Train - "She doesn't own a dress, her hair is always a mess, you catch her stealing she won't confess, she's beautiful."

Candy: I Want Candy by The Strangeloves - "I know a girl who's tough but sweet, she's so fine she can't be beat."

Sarah:

What Sarah Said by Death Cub for Cutie - "Cause there's no comfort in the waiting room, just nervous pacers bracing for bad news. And then the nurse comes round and everyone will lift their heads but I'm thinking of what Sarah said that 'Love is watching someone die'"

Sara Smile by Hall & Oates - "Baby hair with a woman's eyes, I can feel you watching in the night, all alone with me and we're waiting for the sunlight."

Resha
11-04-2007, 09:22 AM
:mwahaha: Can't believe I forgot Copa Cabana. I can think of "Penny Lane" for Penny, but I totally can't remember the words. But here's another that occurred to me:

Rita: Lovely Rita, Ritaaa Mae. Lovely Rita, Ritaaa Mae. Lovely Rita, meet a maid, nothing can come between us. etc etc :O [the beatles]

And "Ave Maria" for Maria. Which afaik just goes AAAAVEEEE MARIAAAAAAAAAA...:shifty:

hoho and my darling Dylan's

Sara: I laid on the dune, I looked at the sky, when the children were bathing, I played on the beach; you came up behind me, I saw you go back. You were always so close, still within reach. Sara, Sara, whatever made you wanna change your mind. Saraaa, Sara, so easy to look at, so hard to define. [bob dylan]

rubah
11-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Resha, Rita is a meter maid, writing out tickets for parking meters ;) Just so you know!

Rye
11-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Mary Jane? Is it that song "Last daaance with Mary Janeeeee."

That's like, about marijuana though, I think... xD

EDIT: Oh, there's that Yellowcard song about Mary Jane, Gifts and Curses. It's a cute song. It was made for Spiderman 2.

As for Mama, there's a song called Mama by Beth Heart. :3

Rengori
11-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Mary Jane? Is it that song "Last daaance with Mary Janeeeee."

That's like, about marijuana though, I think... xD

Really? You think so? :p

Resha
11-04-2007, 06:11 PM
METER MAID. lawl. well hey :p it sounded the same!

rubah
11-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Rye, are you thinking of Tom Petty, instead of the beatles?