PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Modeling items

Ashley Schovitz
11-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey I'm playing FFVIII again and I don't want to go through the same thing again with beating the game with Zell on his basic weapon, could anyone tell me where I can find a dragon fin and Fury Fragment?

ReloadPsi
11-03-2007, 09:03 PM
They're usually dropped by various enemies resembling dragons.

To be more specific *checks GameFAQs*...

Ruby Dragon (one of the toughest bastards in the game :P) will drop your Fury Fragments almost every time. I have reason to believe their card refines into it too.

Use Card Mod on a Grendel card for Dragon Fin.

Xurts
11-03-2007, 09:52 PM
You can mod 4 Blue Dragon cards or defeat Blue or Ruby Dragons for Fury Fragments. If you find Ruby Dragons to be too tough, KO one party member before you fight them. Defeat Grendels for Dragon Fins.

Ashley Schovitz
11-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Why would having a KO'd ally make the fight easier?

ReloadPsi
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
At a guess, I'd say that being down one party member makes its attack pattern less aggressive. Or lowers its level. One or the other.

TheSpoonyBard
11-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Having a party member KO'd prevents a Ruby Dragon using Breath.

Ashley Schovitz
11-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Oh, well I've been trying to find this Grendel around the globe, but I've stopped now and headed on to Esthar now which I'm supposed to be meeting Odine at this place now, it's probably too late, but where can you find Grendels and I have fought one Ruby Dragon while as Laguna, but I think that got me a fang.

Xurts
11-10-2007, 02:43 AM
Oh, well I've been trying to find this Grendel around the globe, but I've stopped now and headed on to Esthar now which I'm supposed to be meeting Odine at this place now, it's probably too late, but where can you find Grendels and I have fought one Ruby Dragon while as Laguna, but I think that got me a fang.
You can find Grendels on the Island Closest to Hell.

Fighting a Ruby Dragon with one party member KOed will make the fight much easier, since it'll only use weak attacks.