PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem..

tyxXx
11-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Im on Cosmo Canyon, and im in Bugenhagens house. Im on the scene where he explains his machine, then this FMV plays where it shows planets going by and what not. Then it gets to this part in the FMV where some asteroids are being sucked into a black hole. At this point it gets REALLY choppy but it completes. After the FMV has done playing. Bugenhagen says something like "Perhaps youll understand more if you watch this" then like everybody is just standing there, but it is not frozen because Bugen is still moving up and down while hes floating and Cloud is still blinking. They just stand there and nothing happens at all. Ive played through this scene multiple times but it still stops here. Should I clean the disk or something? Any help will be appreciated.

eestlinc
11-04-2007, 05:37 AM
what system are you using?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-04-2007, 12:16 PM
if you're playing th PC version, chances are you need to download the XP patch. if you're playing on a console then it's probably you're disc. borrow one of a friend to get past that FMV.

tyxXx
11-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Im playing it on the PS2. I still cant even get past that part.

aquatius
11-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Try moving coud ;)

Tallulah
11-04-2007, 04:52 PM
I have this exact problem as well. I always save just before the 'danger' FMVs (it also happens to me during an FMV in Junon when Cloud is dressed as a soldier), taking the disc out, cleaning it (or just buffing it with a cloth; my copy is really old and a little scratched), reloading and trying again.

Or trying it in your old PSX, if you still have it.

Godhand
11-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I used to get this with my disc 2 after beating Diamond Weapon. The FMV would play, and then it'd switch to Weapon just standing there doing nothing.

You were able to send the disc in to be repaired back then, though. Not sure about now.

Tallulah
11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, if the worst comes to the worst... (http://www.skippydisc.com/pgx/Home.php)

cloud21zidane16
11-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Mine used to crash at that part too years ago:eek: then after many tries it got past it, since then its never crashed or even been jumpy at that point again:)
Just try cleaning the disc.