PDA

View Full Version : Stop Bugging Me!

rubah
11-04-2007, 06:02 AM
There's a mosquito in my room. it was there yesterday when I left. Has it been feeding upon my roommate? Why hasn't she killed it dead or let it escape?! I wonder if she has noticed it.

I had some scary times this summer when wasps and hornets got in the house when my parents were gone on vacation. I had to figure out a way to kill them without getting stung (That HURTS!) and I couldn't find the wasp spray. I found out that if you spray them with hairspray, it will disable them for a few moments, long enough to flyswatter them or to run away and regroup if they fall behind a computer desk, for example. Or also to catch them and release them humanely outside.

One of Arkansas's many summer flaws is the number of wasps that fly around houses at that time of year. I'm not sure if they can smell the cool air that houses exude and that's why they always hang out under the eaves (also at barns) or maybe they just like the shade, but I don't like them, and really I don't feel that bad about killing them.

I definitely don't feel bad about killing mosquitos. They have inflicted a lot of agony on me through out the years and even killed a large number of people (West Nile, Malaria, etc). They're heartless bloodsuckers and I feel ill to think of the number of times they've been filled with my blood.

The nastiest mosquito with my blood incident was definitely the time I felt an itching on my hand, and idly raised my hand to my teeth to scratch it that way (This might have been because I had chewed all my finger nails down xD). i found a soft body in my mouth and when I looked at my hand it was bloody with a black smudge on it. I retched.

Also an ant bit me at the park today. I usually approve of ants, but this formic acid in my skin is not acceptable.

eestlinc
11-04-2007, 06:04 AM
the other day, someone walked into class and said they had just been stung by a wasp for the first time in their life. This person is at least 25 years old. I told them they must not have grown up in the south.

rubah
11-04-2007, 06:10 AM
I haven't been stung since the first time I was, and I think I was 8 then. My dad and grandpa (maternal) both have pretty bad reactions to wasps. I think I was writhing on the floor crying when it happened.

Then again, I was 8, and I'm still a big wimp now 8)

NeoTifa
11-04-2007, 06:22 AM
yea, i came back from band camp with 28 misquito bites. we were up in the hills of the ky in the woods. so pretty, but so many freaking bugs. usually when i go to military camp i get like a kajillion skeeter bites from orienteering on lake erie, but i didnt get any this year. hmm. and also, every year on the 3rd day of band camp, i get stung on the right eyelid by a sweatbee. always 3rd day, right eye. every year for the past 4 years XD omg. its burns like hell and then it swells a bit. but then i have to go to the gay petaphile nurse (who got arrested last year for messing with little boys go figure) and he puts stuff on my eye so it stings for a sec then goes numb. then i go to the field and march feeling retarded cuz half my face is numb lol. o___x lol

Rengori
11-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Damn, I thought this thread was going to be about PG.

Anyway, when I lived in Japan there were mosquitoes everywhere.

Rostum
11-04-2007, 07:26 AM
A buzz, a buzz, a buzz buzz buzz!

Bunny
11-04-2007, 07:33 AM
One time I was riding in the car with my friend and his mother and then I screamed. This damn wasp had just stung me for no god damn reason and it pissed me off. So I destroyed it utterly and then blamed my girlfriend who was not present at the time.

Peegee
11-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Apparently things dying/killing things is okay, so I suggest a philosophy of killing any bugs that bother you.

Zeldy
11-04-2007, 10:57 AM
I've never been stung by a wasp. Ive been stung by a bee though, I sat on it on one when I was on a rollercoaster. Everyone thought I was screaming cause I was enjoying the rollarcoaster, I really wasnt :p

Jess
11-04-2007, 11:23 AM
I've never been stung by a wasp or a bee - because I always run away! I've been eaten many a time by mosquitoes. I must taste good! If I see them, I try to squish them so they don't get a chance to bite me, but they always seem to get me whilst I'm sleeping when I don't even know that I'm there. On holiday I wear insect repellent because there are always so many mosquitoes and they always feast on me. :jess:

smittenkitten
11-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I've only been stung once by a wasp, I was 11 years old and was on a roller coatser at the time. When we got off I could still see the sting and I could barely stand so my big cousin carried me to First Aid. Such a gentleman. :heart:

I was happy in the end because it was a cute guy who treated me. ^_^

Shauna
11-04-2007, 01:56 PM
I've been stung by a wasp a couple of times. The first time wasn't so bad, I just brushed my hand against it and it stung me. The second time though... that was awful. I first leant on the wasp with my elbow, then pushed it into my arm - it stung me twice on the arm, and once on the hand. It's sting actually got stuck in my hand - and this was a wasp, not a bee. I was in a hell of a lot of pain. My arm was swollen and everything. =[

I've been bitten by mosquitos a few times, but nothing too terrible. :D

Jess
11-04-2007, 02:02 PM
I go all swolen by mosquito bites. It's horrible!

mooglebunni608
11-04-2007, 03:37 PM
I hate wasps and basically any form of flying attackers >< And SOMEHOW I have two huge mosquito bites on my inner thigh and I don't know how they got there because I was wearing pants almost the entire time and I haven't seen any of them ><

The Ceej
11-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Mosquitos have to bite to survive. After mating, the female mosquito will bite once and only once so it has blood to keep her eggs warm. Soon after, she will die and the eggs will hatch. It's part of ecology.

Wasps, on the other hand, are the only animals (other than humans, of course, but that's our own choice and fault) which have no ecological benefit. According to a book I read, their only predators are other wasps. The only point to wasps being alive is to sting people. This is proof (at least to me) that wasps are evil and the government has an obligation to expedite their extinction.

When a wasp gets in my house, I take an aerosol can and a lighter to kill it. I figure it's better to burn the house down and have to start over than to be stung by a wasp.

the other day, someone walked into class and said they had just been stung by a wasp for the first time in their life. This person is at least 25 years old. I told them they must not have grown up in the south.

I've lived in the south since I was 3. I've never been stung by a wasp. I was stung by a honey bee once when I was a child and it was found that I was allergic and I needed a shot. So, logic states, that since a wasp's venom is more potent, that I'm more allergic to wasps than I am to honey bees. I'm not sure if that's how it works, but it's kept me from being stung.

And you have to believe in global warming. There is no other reason for the wasp population to be increasing exponentially with every year. Fix global warming and promote wasp extinction. These are important goals that the government refuses to acknowledge.

rubah
11-04-2007, 05:30 PM
You failed to state the purpose of mosquitos. Simply so they can exist does not convince me >:[

The Ceej
11-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Many birds and spiders prey on mosquitos. I'm fairly certain that they have plenty more predators. The extinction of mosquitos would throw off the ecological balance. I see you mentioned nothing about my whole rant on wasps. I guess it was a flawless argument on which everyone in the world agrees. And that being the case, how come no one is working on it?

rubah
11-04-2007, 06:13 PM
I find the concept of stealing my life force more frightening than merely hurting me.

Vikeve
11-04-2007, 06:20 PM
This reminds me of a game my friends and I sometimes play; we stab this bee nest that's in the ground with a stick and run away then once all the bees are buzzing around the nest angirly we run threw the sworm and continue to run until they stop chasing us. I've never been stung playing this game but my friends have but they've only been stung maybe three times each.

I know your pain misquitos annoy the hell out of me and so do flies.