PDA

View Full Version : I don't think feet are supposed to be that shiny. . .

rubah
11-04-2007, 06:15 AM
on the drive home tonight, I was really sleepy, so I nestled down in the passenger seat all reclined back and put my feet up on the dash for leverage. I ran them over it often, feeling how slick it was after I had sprayed it down with Armor-All this afternoon to clean it and remove all the dust. When we finally got back to school and I put my shoes on and tried to walk, I couldn't figure out why my feet were so slick inside my sandals. I thought they would slip out of them at some point walking to my room. When I crawled up on my bed a few minutes ago, I looked at them, thinking perhaps my barefoot escapades had left them dusty and thus slippery, but no, my feet glistened.

At that point, the dash and the vinyl cleaning agent all came back to my mind and I realized what was to blame. The chemical had rubbed off on my feet, making them slick and giving them a good sheen to boot!

This makes me think of my younger days when my mom would let my cousin and I pour cornstarch on the kitchen linoleum, and then it was just like we could ice skate! I remember we put on a cassette of Candle in the Wind and it was so cool.

Have you ever been blessed (or cursed) with extreme slipperiness of an extremity? your feet or your hands? (or your head?) Have you ever been the opposite and exceptionally sticky or tacky?

(the arrow posticon represents the direction of travel when your feet are slippery)

NeoTifa
11-04-2007, 06:26 AM
wtf? omg yea, try going to the back of a restaurant to pick up your paycheck with chucks on. yea, im glad i work in slip-proof shoes. o.o

Tasura
11-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Man, working at the grill was awesome, I could like do a full 360 with minimal effort, or skate from one side to the other on the good half inch thick coat of grease on the floor.

Bunny
11-04-2007, 07:35 AM
This thread confuses the hell out of me.

Rengori
11-04-2007, 08:54 AM
This thread confuses the hell out of me.

Same here.

Ashi
11-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Oddly enough, I understand it pretty well. (I normally won't)

I don't remember the last time I tripped on the ground, but I do trip on my ice skates when I do certain steps on my ice. And once there was a power serge and the ice was sorta melting for about a day and as I got off the blade was a mixture of icey cold and went and putting my skate guards on wasn't enough to keep me from slipping and nearly falling face first into the guard.

Quindiana Jones
11-04-2007, 10:57 AM
I leaned against a wall on my hand once, and didn't realise I had a shiny slippy hand till it was too late. :(

Jojee
11-04-2007, 11:09 AM
this thread makes me so happy and drunk XDDD i love you rubah

Jess
11-04-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm clumsy so I always happen to find slippery surfaces to fall over on. :jess:

KentaRawr!
11-04-2007, 12:36 PM
My father once spilled Gasoline on his foot, and now, the bottom of his foot is permanently itchy.

Marshall Banana
11-04-2007, 12:39 PM
One time, although I was walking, my socks caused me to slip and fall on my kitchen floor, and my puppy, who was running after me, slipped and tumbled over me.

rubah
11-04-2007, 04:26 PM
At home in wintertime, I'll routinely run through the house so I can slide across the kitchen floor, 'kitchen surfing'. It's no wonder the bottoms of my socks are wearing out.

Boosk
11-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Well, I just spilled coffee all over my desk, covering my storyboards, keyboard, phone, my hands and my lap...so now I am in an environment of sticky tacky things...I wish I was shiny :( but alas, I am covered with goo.

Vermachtnis
11-04-2007, 05:06 PM
You know after you mop and the floor isn't completely dry, but not wet enough for your mom to complain if you walk through it. Yea it's super slippy at that point. I've gonged my head on the sink alot and the washing machine and the refrigerator. The sink makes the best noise!