PDA

View Full Version : Worst minigame in the series?

jammi567
11-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Decide and vote.

PuPu
11-04-2007, 03:50 PM
X-2's Blitzball, since you don't even get to control the characters anymore like in X.

Vivisteiner
11-04-2007, 04:03 PM
I have never played FFX-2, so I voted for Triple Triad.

rubah
11-04-2007, 04:30 PM
triple triad is wonderful in like you can play it irl >:[

I voted for tetra master because it is clearly an attempt to ride the gravy train of triple triad's awesomeness but it failed. There is no card game in ffx, and I believe that is why 8)

Godhand
11-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Blitzball in all it's incarnations by several orders of magnitude.

Rianoa
11-04-2007, 07:45 PM

i hate to agree but im not a fan of playing blitzball on X or X-2 Having only won once

Godhand
11-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Winning in Blitzball is not hard supposing you don't let the computer play for you.

Jecht Shot means you win for free.

scrumpleberry
11-04-2007, 09:12 PM
I love Tetra Master!

I've never played VIII, though...

Necronopticous
11-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Tetra Master is leading?

You guys make me sick.

Skyblade
11-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Tetra Master. It took all that was wonderful about Triple Triad, and ruined it.

X-2's blitzball comes in a close second though.

Gilthanes
11-04-2007, 10:12 PM
I would vote FFX-2s but its not even really a mini game so it shouldnt be considered. I agree with Tetra Master in that it TRIED to take Triple Triad, tweak some things, and ride on its glory... and it failed. The only thing they did right with Tetra Master was remove the bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: rules like Random, Same, Plus, etc, but overall it was very mediocre (hot and cold blew it away)

ReloadPsi
11-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Thunder Plains. Hands down.

What, it has to be something that takes place outside of the main game? Okay, uh... Tetra Master. Its outcome (with the card battles) is completely random and it basically sucks ass.

And don't tell me I don't know how to read the cards' stats, I know what it all means: An attack/magic number, an M or a P to indicate if it's attack/magic and your physical then magic defense. And even looking at what the stats are it's still totally random.

It does not work.

I'd rather play Yu-Gi-Oh.

Gilthanes
11-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Thats actually the main reason I hate Tetra Master. Unless your cards stats are 4 times higher than the card you are trying to flip, theres actually a chance that the random roll will let the weaker card beat you, and its retarded. Stuff like a 6P57 card challenging a 4P35 card and losing. Absolutely random

leader of mortals
11-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Thats actually the main reason I hate Tetra Master. Unless your cards stats are 4 times higher than the card you are trying to flip, theres actually a chance that the random roll will let the weaker card beat you, and its retarded. Stuff like a 6P57 card challenging a 4P35 card and losing. Absolutely random

and thats why I hated, but i think blitzball sucks big ones ff X-2 is better than X in my opinion in blitzball, because it doesn't make me want to take my game and break it over my head:mad:

Gilthanes
11-04-2007, 11:14 PM
I actually didnt mind Blitzball, kinda wished it was more than 2 dimensions of movement. Aside from that aspect, I could enjoy it

Heath
11-04-2007, 11:36 PM
I would've gone with the Thunder Plains too if it were an option. As it wasn't and as I haven't played FFX-2, I'll have to go with Tetra Master. I enjoyed it more in my latest playthrough, but it's not as fun as Triple Triad or Chocobo Hot & Cold.

jammi567
11-05-2007, 12:01 AM
why am i not supprised to see that chocobo racing hasn't got any votes at all...

cloud21zidane16
11-05-2007, 12:11 AM
X-2s Blitzball
Tetra master was fun, whys it got so many votes!?

Vivisteiner
11-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Im suprised at the hate for Tetra Master. I thought it was fun.

Sefie1999AD
11-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Cloisters of Trials from FFX. I really hated that mini-game! The final Tetris game in Zanarkand was relatively fun, but all the others were extremely annoying. The music in the background is extremely annoying, you'll go through the Cloisters several times in the game and each Cloister is also compulsory! The Thunder Plains are a major pain too, but at least you aren't forced to dodge all those 200 bolts to advance in the game.

NeoCracker
11-05-2007, 08:20 PM
True, Tetra Master could be a bit less random, but the worst on that list? WTF is wrong with you people.

Though an even bigger attrocity is a single vote for Hot and Cold. You make me sick.

Aerisfanatic
11-06-2007, 12:01 AM

i hate to agree but im not a fan of playing blitzball on X or X-2 Having only won once
ya me either, i was so bad at it, when walka comes out after his injuries and get the fans riled up, i ended up losing and disapointing them... sad i know

gothic_fantasy
11-06-2007, 08:12 AM
I didn't mind blitzball at all. I voted Tetra Master for all the reasons noted above. The crappiest card game ever. But for me the worst ever minigame is a tie between the skipping rope game in IX and the Macalania Butterfly hunt in X (raaaaaaah!!)
I spent hours trying to get 1000 jumps but my eyes would water from trying to keep them staring at the screen and whenever I blinked I would mess up. How can you not blink for 1000 jumps?!!

Takara
11-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Blitzball, for me. It was way too long to play one game.

Big D
11-08-2007, 02:52 AM
I disliked the "press buttons to make Tidus get over his self-absorbed obsession with angsty childhood memories so he can accomplish the mighty Jecht Shot!!1" minigame in FFX. It was a creative concept, and provided insight into Tidus' character, but it felt altogether egocentric and slightly emo.

Yuffie514
11-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Maybe it was because I didn't try hard enough, but I choose Blitzball. It still seemed complicated anyway.

ReloadPsi
11-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Blitzball may be boring, but it's at least winnable (the randomisation is very clear, and explicitly stated in the tutorial) until you've got Attack Reels. After that there's not much point unless you hate item farming for Dark Matters.

eestlinc
11-12-2007, 08:44 AM
I haven't played enough of these games to vote fairly, but Tetra Master rocks! FF9 had the best minigames that I've played.

ScottNUMBERS
11-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Triple Triad? Ugh.

It's like:
Step 1 - Defeat GFs/Turn enemies into cards
Step 2 - Recieve cards
Step 3 - Win

I must admit, I did enjoy playing it my first time playing FFVIII, the idea really interested me.

That is until areas start to succumb to the "Random" rule, which makes the game completely random (And annoying) - the very basis of unpopularity for Tetra Master apparently.

Elly
11-14-2007, 01:50 PM
i absolutely loved Blitzball and found it rather easy, the minigame i hate is Tetra Master, simply because a cards stats mean jack in that game... you can have a hand that is statisticaly more powerfull than every card in your opponents hand and still lose because of that stupid random roll during the attack... i absolutely loath random in a game of statistics, it turns a game of skill into a game of pure luck...

Skyblade
11-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Triple Triad? Ugh.

It's like:
Step 1 - Defeat GFs/Turn enemies into cards
Step 2 - Recieve cards
Step 3 - Win

I must admit, I did enjoy playing it my first time playing FFVIII, the idea really interested me.

That is until areas start to succumb to the "Random" rule, which makes the game completely random (And annoying) - the very basis of unpopularity for Tetra Master apparently.

Triple Triad's randomness was totally avoidable. Yes, it's annoying to eliminate the random rules from the 2-3 areas that have it, but totally possible. And you never have to spread it. The Random rule was the worst part of Triple Triad. But Tetra Master took the Random rule to heart and based the entire game on it. Not only was it a bad game that was completely luck based due to the randomness, but it was also a cheap rip off of Triple Triad.

xXsarahXx
11-15-2007, 02:30 PM
hate blitzball so it gets my vote. never won a single game!!!

Monol
11-15-2007, 03:39 PM
If i COULD hate one from the list it would definatly be Sphere break...

I suck at math and i hate kids that think they know everything...

"I know everything"

DAMN YOU SHINRA!!!!

Captain Maxx Power
11-15-2007, 06:30 PM
You fail for not including FFX's chocobo riding "game". "Game" is in inverted commas because "game" is not an accurate term, since the word game is meant to describe an activity involving skill and luck designed to amuse. In this sense FFX's chocobo riding "game" is not.

jammi567
11-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't 'fail' because i couldn't remember all of the minigames whilst making the poll.

Elly
11-15-2007, 10:28 PM
yeah i hated the fact that in FFX you got Spiras stupidist most non-responsive Chocobo ever to ride on for the stupid races, but when it came to moving around on one normaly to reach places only a Chocobo can go they handled really well...

Finola
11-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Noo you guys!
Why do you hate Tetra Master??

I love it, but i didn't enjoy the card-game in VIII. THAT one sucked.

What minigame is actually the most annoying is the Zenero, Benero and Genero game and also the running against Hippaul. Man, those games are killing me.

Firo Volondé
11-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Blitzball may be boring, but it's at least winnable (the randomisation is very clear, and explicitly stated in the tutorial) until you've got Attack Reels. After that there's not much point unless you hate item farming for Dark Matters.

Or like the Jupiter Sigil. It was a nightmare in my first playthrough, since I had neglected blitzball and had to play about 40 games in a row to get that damn gem. It can be mildly entertaining if played infrequently, though.

On topic, X-2 blitzball I hate the most, since I loathe any game you can't control yourself.

Creeping Shadow
12-07-2007, 11:10 AM

Thats the same exact reason I hate it to.

Strawberry_Mew
12-10-2007, 03:59 PM
As Much as I love Blitzball in X...Blitzball in X-2 really upset me :( I also didn't like Sphere Break and the Monkey Matching Game.....

Rocket Edge
12-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Sphere Break was just crap, and Tetra Master was a close second.