PDA

View Full Version : Question for 360 owners

DK
11-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Does anybody know if it's possible and if so how to put music onto your 360 HD using the USB ports? I've got a portable flash drive thing in now and am listening to music on the 360, but I wanna know if you can put music from it onto your HD. If not, how do you get music on your HD at all? Cheers

XxSephirothxX
11-04-2007, 07:21 PM
I believe the 360 is majorly queer with music copying due to concerns about filesharing or DRM or whatever you want to label it as, and as a result the only way to actually get music onto the harddrive is to burn it to a CD and rip it.

The far better method would be to either have your computer and 360 networked, then simply use Windows Media Player to share to the 360, or, if you have an MP3 player that is Microsoft PlayForAll compatible, simply plug it into one of the USB ports and listen to it via that.

DK
11-04-2007, 07:30 PM
I need to get it on my Hard Drive, I think. I got the new smackdown game and you can use custom music for character entrances, but I think you need to have it saved to your HD to do it, so yeah. The 360 has a CD ripper?

XxSephirothxX
11-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah, you should be able to rip music from any music disc you put in there. I don't think it works with a data disc of music (ie 700 mb of music crammed onto a disc, not in audio format) so you'll probably have to do it the slow old fashioned way. :p

Though it's probably more worth your effort to set up the network, since then you could play Custom Music during any game you play or on the dashboard or whatever you're doing.

JKTrix
11-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't know for sure if Smackdown is particular about it, but most 360 games I play with custom soundtracks are streamed straight from my iPod through a USB cable. The custom soundtracks are handled from the Xbox OS, which automatically overrides whatever software you have in the system.

Unless Smackdown has some kind of Playlist feature built into the game which might be what you're referring to. But the Xbox OS should override even that.

DK
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
I just did what Azzie said, I ripped some songs onto my hard drive and used those. You have to make a seperate playlist for them, so I got the one I wanted and made it and now my created character uses it for entrance music, which is pretty suave tbh. But thanks :}