PDA

View Full Version : Songs that piss you off to no end

Rengori
11-05-2007, 07:26 AM
We all have them. Songs we cant stand to hear. Those songs that just make you want to beat the person who likes it to death. This thread is about said songs.

What songs do you just loathe to the very core?

I cannot stand "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White Tees.

EDIT:

PEOPLE, THIS IS NOT A GENRES YOU HATE THREAD. NAME ACTUAL SONGS OR DON'T POST AT ALL.

Nifleheim7
11-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Anything by R.E.M.
:barf:

Breine
11-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Anythin with Akon really makes me wanna break something :mad2: Ugh, can't stand that guy.

Ryth
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Just about anything popular. Especially if teenagers (namely teenage girls) are liable to either dance to it or sing to it out loud. Very loud.

Well, dancing teenage girls isn't bad at all. So forget I said that bit. :D

Loony BoB
11-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Justin Timerlake - Sexy Back
Pink - Get This Party Started
Kylie - Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Macy Gray (or however you spell her name) - All of her songs.

There's a large amount of songs that I don't like because they're either subpar remakes of a song that was legendary and deserve better remakes (if not no remakes), such as Everything I Do (I Do It For You). The girl's remake of that was terrible. Also, songs that repeat the same thing over and over and over and over and over and argaesgihasorihga;.

Jimsour
11-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Anything by any of those "new wave of american heavy metal" band farsicals that was running around a few years ago.

blim
11-05-2007, 11:18 AM
That one by Black eyed Peas (My humps?) i really hate that song, and I wish i was a punk rocker by Sandi Thom (or something like that), anything by any of the american pop-punk idiots, 90% of music that Radio One plays, anything by Girls Aloud......i think i'll stop there or ill keep going all day, but basically some songs piss me off for a specific reason (like My Humps) and others just because it is more about advertising a brand than making art ((like Girls Aloud) or because they are not what they claim to be (a la Green Day [punk my ass])

rant over....for now

Oh and Bob, check out the Flaming Lips version of Cant get you out of my head, 100 times better

Jimsour
11-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Its the sound of the under, sound of the underground

Peter_20
11-05-2007, 11:28 AM
There was this Swedish hit "Hej Monika" (which of course means "Hello Monica) a few years ago, and the chorus basically went "Hello Monica, hello there Monica" blablabla, with this sentimental singing voice.

That song was very irritating. XD

Hey, I found it!
YouTube - Nic and the Family - Hej Monika (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkcaYzSUsC4)

Laddy
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
"Redneck Woman" by Gretchen "Bitch" Wilson.

Bunny
11-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Anything by Aerosmith.

Elly
11-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Girlfriend by Avril Lavign... it totaly promotes vapid, insipid behavior, and basicaly says if you don't like a guys SO then you have the right to break them up, that's just so~ wrong... also it's pure hyprocracy compared to the stuff on her first album she literaly turned into the girl she raged about on the song Skaterboy...

Rengori
11-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Girlfriend by Avril Lavign... it totaly promotes vapid, insipid behavior, and basicaly says if you don't like a guys SO then you have the right to break them up, that's just so~ wrong... also it's pure hyprocracy compared to the stuff on her first album she literaly turned into the girl she raged about on the song Skaterboy...

Oh yeah, there's that, but I just hate that because it's a horrible song.

Avarice-ness
11-05-2007, 03:48 PM

Oh yeah, there's that, but I just hate that because it's a horrible song.

Yeah I just hate it because it annoys the hell out of me and prompts me to want to bite off infants heads.

I don't like that song. :mad2:

Roto13
11-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Anything by James Blunt. How I loathe him.

The Ceej
11-05-2007, 03:56 PM
There are many, but off the top of my head, Survivor by Destiny's Child.

Beyonce had just kicked every member with talent out of her band over petty differences and then wrote a song about how she didn't need them? That's just wrong. I hear when she won a grammy for that song, the members that she kicked out stole that grammy on stage. I don't know if that's true because I don't watch stupid award shows, but I hope it is. And I hope it pissed Beyonce off. I would have laughed it if caused her to commit suicide.

Avarice-ness
11-05-2007, 03:56 PM

Really me too.

I also hate that John Mayer guy. He makes me die inside.

Vermachtnis
11-05-2007, 04:12 PM
My Humps is the song of Uberloathing for me! And Milkshakes (I think that's the name, Peter Griffin sung it once. It was funny when he did it though).

Momiji
11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Basically anything popular and overplayed.

Proxy
11-05-2007, 06:27 PM
crank dat soulja boy.

I'll kill you.

Peter_20
11-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Basically anything popular and overplayed, as long as I don't completely love the song myself.Fixed.

XxSephirothxX
11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Peanut Butter Jelly Time.

Araciel
11-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I don't like songs.

Rocket Edge
11-05-2007, 07:23 PM
I cannot stand "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White Tees.

Pink - Get This Party Started
Kylie - Can't Get You Out Of My Head

Anything by Aerosmith.

All of them, plus Journey's 'Don't Stop Believein' ', & that song 'Superman (I Can't stand to fly)'

:mad2:

Nominus Experse
11-05-2007, 09:04 PM
There's far too many to list

Xander
11-05-2007, 09:56 PM
you can stand under my umbrella...ella...ella...ella.... :(

Kuroshima
11-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Anything by Fergie or Rihanna.

LunarWeaver
11-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Usher's song Yeah! bothered me so much. I heard it every time I turned on the radio and it made me want to chop my entire car into pieces with an axe. Not only did I overhear it, but it had that stupid guy going "YEAH! OKAY! CRUNK SOMETHING SOMETHING" all the way through it. *shivers*

silentenigma
11-05-2007, 11:08 PM
"crank dat soulja boy" by soulja boy
"hips don't lie" by shakira
"girlfriend" by avril lavegne

All that fake crap that people seem to like these days.

Miriel
11-06-2007, 12:49 AM
This is why I'm Hot - or something like that. The first time I heard it, I wanted to physically assault the radio. It was so awful.

Red Phire
11-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Stacie's Mom by I forgot their name but I despise that song so much!

Also anything by Fallout Boy.

Rye
11-06-2007, 02:40 AM
I love most music, even the stuff that should be annoying, like Rihanna's Umbrella song. I think that's adorable.

But I hate. hate. hate. HATE. James Blunt.

Elly
11-06-2007, 04:30 AM
oh gawd how i hate James Blunt, John Mayer, and all their ilk, simply because they are completely talentless and do not deserve the over-extensive airplay they recieve, honestly their crap sucks more than Paris Hilton on a Saturday night...

rikkugurl13
11-06-2007, 05:15 AM
I that song sooooo much.But it's very Catchy. Who sings that song? *shivers* It's creepy. MCR for me, And LP. Mmmmm hmmmmm :D:love:

MJN SEIFER
11-06-2007, 06:46 PM
There are a few songs I dislike, but the only one that "pisses me off" is one that I believe is called "Bang Bang" - I don't know who sings it, but it's a woman. Now, apart from being sung in a complete monotone, the "story" of the song is that when she was a kid, this boy would pretend to shoot her (his gun probably didn't contain any ammo, because he shouted "bang! bang!" when he did so), and years later when they are adults (probably married but I'm not sure) they talk about when "[he] shot [her] down". It's just... It disturbs me this song... All that happened is that some kid pretended to shoot her, and she's trembling the lyrics out like she's singing about when she was molested or something. This song, really gets to me...:mad:

Rye
11-06-2007, 07:04 PM
There are a few songs I dislike, but the only one that "pisses me off" is one that I believe is called "Bang Bang" - I don't know who sings it, but it's a woman. Now, apart from being sung in a complete monotone, the "story" of the song is that when she was a kid, this boy would pretend to shoot her (his gun probably didn't contain any ammo, because he shouted "bang! bang!" when he did so), and years later when they are adults (probably married but I'm not sure) they talk about when "[he] shot [her] down". It's just... It disturbs me this song... All that happened is that some kid pretended to shoot her, and she's trembling the lyrics out like she's singing about when she was molested or something. This song, really gets to me...:mad:

I totally agree.

Except for the fact that that is one of the most gorgeous songs I've ever heard.

Bunny
11-06-2007, 07:09 PM

Banana Phone.
Badger Badger Badger.

Elly
11-06-2007, 09:38 PM
could those even be considered songs since they have no verse, bridge, or chorus, they're just repetive nonsense attempting to be a hook...

Rengori
11-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Believe it or not, songs don't have to follow a verse-chorus-verse pattern.

Eiko Guy
11-07-2007, 01:45 AM
mainstream rap that makes more stereotypical black people. I dont use the n word seriously a lot but when i think of them theres on other word i would like to use.

Pouring Rain
11-07-2007, 01:59 AM
Basically, anything that involves rap music. 50 Cent, Akon, Kanye West, you know the deal. Also, Shakira and Aqua. "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne just needs to be thrown away, and... basically almost all the songs by Right Said Fred. I love "I'm Too Sexy", but all the other songs suck. That band was a one-hit wonder.

leader of mortals
11-07-2007, 02:21 AM
RAP:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

TyphoonThaReapa
11-07-2007, 02:23 AM
98% of Rap starting from 2002 to 2007. That's why I'm Hip Hop from the 90s to 2001. Heavy Metals annoying. Gospel annoying most of the time. Country is annoying. Pop is annoying some of the time.

Boney King
11-07-2007, 03:27 AM
Stacie's Mom by I forgot their name but I despise that song so much!

Also anything by Fallout Boy.

That would be by a band called Fountains Of Wayne.

And I will agree with the sentiment that that song is rather annoying.

Boney King's General Theory of Annoying Songs goes as follows: If it is sung by, written by, or in any way associated with Avril Lavigne, then it is annoying.

Jon Thompson
11-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Pretty much everything post 2005, perhaps further back. New music is balls.

Clawsze
11-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Dance, Rave, Pop, Hip-Hop etc.

DAMN THE CHAVS, BURN THEM AND THEIR MOBILES!!!!
THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME, AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!1

MJN SEIFER
11-08-2007, 02:50 PM
You hate pop?

Then... You hate all types of music then? Seeing as pop is really just a mixture of all other genres...

Peegee
11-08-2007, 03:03 PM
"This is why I'm hot" is evidence that southern hip hop should be destroyed. God Hip Hop used to be good. What happened?

I amazingly like a lot of the songs you guys listed. Lulz.

Rostum
11-09-2007, 06:55 AM
John Mayer, simply because they are completely talentless and do not deserve the over-extensive airplay they recieve, honestly their crap sucks more than Paris Hilton on a Saturday night...

Ok, I will have to stop you there with John Mayer. Whether you do like him or not, he actually does have talent. I had a very similar view as you when it came to him, but recently I was dragged along to his concert by my girlfriend and my god... he is an absolutely amazing guitarist. He is a genius on guitar and rhythm.

The whole concert pretty much consisted of me blanking everything else, and being absolutely captivated by all the blues and jazz that he was jamming out during most of the concert.

I don't care if you don't like him, but to say he is talentless is complete and utter bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Pretty much everything post 2005, perhaps further back. New music is balls.

You obviously are only listening to music on the radio. To say that all music past a certain year is complete "balls" is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard.

Seeing as pop is really just a mixture of all other genres...

Wrong. Well, in a sense. Pop does not reflect every genre, it gains a lot of roots from jazz, blues and folk, but it is past a point now where it no longer resembles other genres.

TyphoonThaReapa
11-09-2007, 08:17 AM
"This is why I'm hot" is evidence that southern hip hop should be destroyed. God Hip Hop used to be good. What happened?

I amazingly like a lot of the songs you guys listed. Lulz.

Agreed. That's exactly why I stopped listening to the radio. It's horrible.

BTW, "This Is Why I'm Hot" was made by a guy from New York. But he was obviously southernized. I know that's not a word but hey, you have to give this epidemic a name...

MJN SEIFER
11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Wrong. Well, in a sense. Pop does not reflect every genre, it gains a lot of roots from jazz, blues and folk, but it is past a point now where it no longer resembles other genres.

Pop is short for "POPular" so whatever is the "Now" of the day can be concidered Pop. So I concider pop to be the main thing - but hey, that's just my opinion.

Rostum
11-09-2007, 11:23 PM

Pop is short for "POPular" so whatever is the "Now" of the day can be concidered Pop. So I concider pop to be the main thing - but hey, that's just my opinion.

Pop is pretty much the genre you use to convey what is being played on the radio. Which does not equate to all music, as you stated. There's so much more music and different genre's out there that the masses don't even know about.

o_O
11-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Stronger "by" Kanye West.

Also, that song about ping pong is pretty terrible.

Goldenboko
11-10-2007, 03:12 AM
I dun know the song's name, but it has somethign to do with boyfriends. I heard it at my school dance for the first time; I shot at the speakers.

Shiny
11-10-2007, 03:45 AM
Anything by Soulja Boy. He's terrible.

Example:

Check out my Bathing Apes
I'm fresh to def and you like me
Don't try to cop my style
Mayne stick to dem Nikes
Green, white,black inside dese
Super clean Bathing Apes
My shoes like my chain
Shine hard they might hurt your face

:eep:

Seraphic
11-10-2007, 03:46 AM
anything by Hellyeah for the simple fact that my brother overplays them and they arent even that good.
Its members from ex-bands for a reason,nobody liked those bands anymore,lol.

NeoCracker
11-10-2007, 04:35 AM
Hey, I like James blunt. :sad:

And yes, Peanut butter jelly is horrible.

This is why I'm hot, A Bay Bay, and Party like a Rock Star are three of the most horrible songs I have ever heard in my life.

escobert
11-10-2007, 05:33 AM
I don't know the names because I don't listen to them since I hate them ^_^

Imperfectionist
11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
London Bridge - Fergie

OH DEAR GOD
That song makes me wanna jam a pencil in my ear just so that, in the interest of my blood pressure, I don't have to ever hear it ever ever EVER AGAIN.
And you know what else is annoying?
SHE'S NOT EVEN STANDING IN FRONT OF LONDON BRIDGE IN THE VIDEO
THAT'S TOWER BRIDGE YOU IGNORANT, INCONTINENT OLD BINT

MKusanagi
11-12-2007, 10:24 PM
lol I can't help but love London Bridge (just think of it as a metaphorical London Bridge ;))
I cannot stand...STAND "American Idiot" by Greenday. But I love "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"

Rianoa
11-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Rianna's umberella song the longest no1 single of the 21st century well in england. how embarising !

NeoCracker
11-12-2007, 10:54 PM
I like Fallout Boy and Fergie too :sad:

Another song I remembered, And will be hated for saying this,

That "Don't worry, Be Happy" song.

God I hate it so much.

Griff
11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
The Jonas Brothers piss me off to no end. Aslo Avril, but thats just because I'm from Napanee.

leader of mortals
11-12-2007, 11:09 PM
did I say rap... oh I did

Jonas bros changing a song just barely(ill kill them for kids of the fucking future)

scrumpleberry
11-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Its the sound of the under, sound of the underground

I like Macy, she's cool D:

I know the one you mean. It's quite relaxing, I like the guitar part.

That abomination butchered the original.

I cannot stand...STAND "American Idiot" by Greenday. But I love "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"

Rianna's umberella song the longest no1 single of the 21st century well in england. how embarising !

Gffuhughjhnnnhhln////......

Plenty more, but I feel naseous enough.

Jon Thompson
11-14-2007, 06:52 AM
You obviously are only listening to music on the radio. To say that all music past a certain year is complete "balls" is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard.

I hear comments like this all the time. The only radio stations I listen to are ones that play classic rock because all the other ones play crap music. Now, here me out (call me ignorant will you), as what I'm about to say may shock your little brain. If I do not like what I hear on the radio, how do you suppose I hear it? Random music searches on the internet? Download random songs and listen to them? Read up on bands other people think is good (most likely mainstream)? Should I delve into the underground scene which I'm not even sure how to access. I did post 'pretty much anything post-date'. It's not all bad but just about all of it is. I listen to old music, good music.

Perhaps you go out searching for music but it just isn't that large a part of my life. It mostly provides background noise. Besides the couple bands I like and the odd single I enjoy just about all new music past the new millenium is trash. I'm not even sure how people can like it, let alone pay to listen to it. Music became more about image, cool and weird sounds and computer editting than the process of creating music. I give heavy metal bands huge props for being talent musicians while I may not enjoy the music. 95% of the music today is generic. Caring more about music videos and DVD sales than a good record. How many new bands are able to stay afloat for more than two albums? Even bands that were large successes (Puddle of Mudd, Default, Staind) in first album releases then fall by the wayside. The only bands that can are older bands, (Green Day, Radiohead, Chilli Peppers, Foo Fighters) are able to still do it.

Rap, Pop, Hip-Hop, Dance, Trance, Techno etc. are all basically garbage. Stereotypicals songs, full bass, lame lyrics and primary focus is material items and sexuality. Afterall, why try and create art when you can have bass, a sexy dancer and some rhymes about growing up in the streets and making money and whatever worn theme is being used.

Just because my personal taste doesn't like a majority of the new music does not mean I'm ignorant. I'm sorry I don't venture into the unknown for that genre of music the masses don't know about. That's another thing that pisses me off, since when did this genre battle start? Nu Metal, Black Metal, Speed Metal, Death Metal, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Industrial Metal and some people are quick to correct you if you misplace a band in a wrong genre.

I don't know. Perhaps music nowadays is just over my head and I know how my parents felt listening to my music through adolescence.

Rostum
11-14-2007, 06:59 AM

I hear comments like this all the time. The only radio stations I listen to are ones that play classic rock because all the other ones play crap music. Now, here me out (call me ignorant will you), as what I'm about to say may shock your little brain. If I do not like what I hear on the radio, how do you suppose I hear it? Random music searches on the internet? Download random songs and listen to them? Read up on bands other people think is good (most likely mainstream)? Should I delve into the underground scene which I'm not even sure how to access. I did post 'pretty much anything post-date'. It's not all bad but just about all of it is. I listen to old music, good music.

Perhaps you go out searching for music but it just isn't that large a part of my life. It mostly provides background noise. Besides the couple bands I like and the odd single I enjoy just about all new music past the new millenium is trash. I'm not even sure how people can like it, let alone pay to listen to it. Music became more about image, cool and weird sounds and computer editting than the process of creating music. I give heavy metal bands huge props for being talent musicians while I may not enjoy the music. 95% of the music today is generic. Caring more about music videos and DVD sales than a good record. How many new bands are able to stay afloat for more than two albums? Even bands that were large successes (Puddle of Mudd, Default, Staind) in first album releases then fall by the wayside. The only bands that can are older bands, (Green Day, Radiohead, Chilli Peppers, Foo Fighters) are able to still do it.

Rap, Pop, Hip-Hop, Dance, Trance, Techno etc. are all basically garbage. Stereotypicals songs, full bass, lame lyrics and primary focus is material items and sexuality. Afterall, why try and create art when you can have bass, a sexy dancer and some rhymes about growing up in the streets and making money and whatever worn theme is being used.

Just because my personal taste doesn't like a majority of the new music does not mean I'm ignorant. I'm sorry I don't venture into the unknown for that genre of music the masses don't know about. That's another thing that pisses me off, since when did this genre battle start? Nu Metal, Black Metal, Speed Metal, Death Metal, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Industrial Metal and some people are quick to correct you if you misplace a band in a wrong genre.

I don't know. Perhaps music nowadays is just over my head and I know how my parents felt listening to my music through adolescence.

You had clearly stated all music, not what you may listen to here and there (or that you meant mainly mainstream). Please do not try to turn this around on me, as you still are ignorant in stating all music is crap past a certain year.

There is good music out there, it's not mine or anyone else's fault that you can't be assed looking around for it. And it does not get rid of the fact that it is out there.

Rengori
11-14-2007, 07:24 AM
[quote=omecle]That's another thing that pisses me off, since when did this genre battle start? Nu Metal, Black Metal, Speed Metal, Death Metal, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Industrial Metal and some people are quick to correct you if you misplace a band in a wrong genre.

While there is some truth in what you're saying, the "genre battle" as you call it is helpful with sorting things out. Metal is one of the broadest genres you have, with a lifespan almost 40 years old by now. It's evolved a lot, and the sound of some bands are drastically different than other. Nu-Metal bands like KoRn and Slipknot don't sound anything like Necrophagist or Nile, and have broadly different fanbases.

Jon Thompson
11-15-2007, 02:26 AM
You had clearly stated all music, not what you may listen to here and there (or that you meant mainly mainstream). Please do not try to turn this around on me, as you still are ignorant in stating all music is crap past a certain year.

There is good music out there, it's not mine or anyone else's fault that you can't be assed looking around for it. And it does not get rid of the fact that it is out there.

Yeah, the good music is out there. Problem is it's all been released for over a decade. What makes you think I'm trying to get rid of the fact they're out there. My point isn't that I'm not arsed to look for it, but if mainstream (essentially gneral) music is loved by millions of people and I think 95% of it is :skull::skull::skull::skull: why I would I look harder for music? There is a reason why artists like The Beatles, Elvis, Elton John, Johnny Cash were all mainstream; because they were great and had large fan bases. There aren't any true artists in mainstream anymore - at least new artists.

You mistake that I'm not assed to look for it - I choose not to. There is thirty years of music before I was born I missed out on and I enjoy it much better than new music. As Charles Manson said in a Family Guy cameo, "If I haven't seen it, it's new to me." A few of my friends love the classics and I get enough new music from old music.

Is that better my ignorant friend? Starting :skull::skull::skull::skull: because you're defending your own taste in music. What is it with people so quick to jump on people who's taste's infringe on their own? "I hated this movie," "omg you idiot it was awesome, you are stupid." All to common. I apologize Mr. Omnipotent Music God who has listened to everyone song in existence so he can say he isn't ignorant when someone says music is bad. With my rabid interest in movies, sports, books and video games music doesn't rank that high in mediums of entertainment. I apologize that it appears music is your first and foremost medium of entertainment.

Now, are you done? Really, your argument is more lacking than mine. Or are you going to continue?

Rostum
11-15-2007, 05:34 AM
Yeah, the good music is out there. Problem is it's all been released for over a decade. What makes you think I'm trying to get rid of the fact they're out there. My point isn't that I'm not arsed to look for it, but if mainstream (essentially gneral) music is loved by millions of people and I think 95% of it is :skull::skull::skull::skull: why I would I look harder for music? There is a reason why artists like The Beatles, Elvis, Elton John, Johnny Cash were all mainstream; because they were great and had large fan bases. There aren't any true artists in mainstream anymore - at least new artists.

You mistake that I'm not assed to look for it - I choose not to. There is thirty years of music before I was born I missed out on and I enjoy it much better than new music. As Charles Manson said in a Family Guy cameo, "If I haven't seen it, it's new to me." A few of my friends love the classics and I get enough new music from old music.

Now, are you done? Really, your argument is more lacking than mine. Or are you going to continue?

Your argument is void. Want to know why? Because you have made complete assumptions about what I have said in this thread. No, I haven't said anything about my interests and my history and taste in music -- yet you so easily try to judge and guess who I am and what I like. So please, take your socially inept posts else where.

I love older music, and there is a bit of newer music that I like. I hate the radio and mainstream crap though. My argument, which you seem to have totally misunderstood, is that you said that "all music past 2005 is crap", which is simply not true, there is still good music coming out these days and it is not my fault that you don't want to look for it -- it does not mean it doesn't exist.

Is that better my ignorant friend? Starting :skull::skull::skull::skull: because you're defending your own taste in music. What is it with people so quick to jump on people who's taste's infringe on their own? "I hated this movie," "omg you idiot it was awesome, you are stupid." All to common.

This has nothing to do with what I posted. I never said anything about your taste in music and my feelings about it. What are you on about? Seriously, learn to read posts...

Note: Please do not patronise me with your lame "my friend" comments. It's pathetic in a debate.

Mr. Omnipotent Music God who has listened to everyone song in existence so he can say he isn't ignorant when someone says music is bad. With my rabid interest in movies, sports, books and video games music doesn't rank that high in mediums of entertainment. I apologize that it appears music is your first and foremost medium of entertainment.

Yes, because music is all I have in life. :rolleyes2 Once again, I have never stated anything of the like. You are making things up.

I'm sorry, but I still feel your views on music as a whole to be utterly and completely ignorant. I don't care what your tastes in music are, or that you prefer to read books or watch movies, it does not change this fact.

blim
11-15-2007, 05:51 AM
There is thirty years of music before I was born I missed out on and I enjoy it much better than new music.

Only thirty years? You must be really old.

There is plenty of good music still being made, yes most mainstream music is crap but that has always been the case. Look at a chart listing for the early 60's, it was terrible. I mean Adam Faith!!!!

Jon Thompson
11-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Your argument is void. Want to know why? Because you have made complete assumptions about what I have said in this thread. No, I haven't said anything about my interests and my history and taste in music -- yet you so easily try to judge and guess who I am and what I like. So please, take your socially inept posts else where.

I love older music, and there is a bit of newer music that I like. I hate the radio and mainstream crap though. My argument, which you seem to have totally misunderstood, is that you said that "all music past 2005 is crap", which is simply not true, there is still good music coming out these days and it is not my fault that you don't want to look for it -- it does not mean it doesn't exist.

Is that better my ignorant friend? Starting :skull::skull::skull::skull: because you're defending your own taste in music. What is it with people so quick to jump on people who's taste's infringe on their own? "I hated this movie," "omg you idiot it was awesome, you are stupid." All to common.

This has nothing to do with what I posted. I never said anything about your taste in music and my feelings about it. What are you on about? Seriously, learn to read posts...

Note: Please do not patronise me with your lame "my friend" comments. It's pathetic in a debate.

Mr. Omnipotent Music God who has listened to everyone song in existence so he can say he isn't ignorant when someone says music is bad. With my rabid interest in movies, sports, books and video games music doesn't rank that high in mediums of entertainment. I apologize that it appears music is your first and foremost medium of entertainment.

Yes, because music is all I have in life. :rolleyes2 Once again, I have never stated anything of the like. You are making things up.

I'm sorry, but I still feel your views on music as a whole to be utterly and completely ignorant. I don't care what your tastes in music are, or that you prefer to read books or watch movies, it does not change this fact.

All I'm going to say is.....I assume?

Already you assume I listen to the radio only (I hate the damn radio, unless I'm in a car with no CD and it's often sports talk) from me writing a line on the subject. No reasons to why I think that. You're quick to call me ignorant. I know all kinds of music. I'm partners in a DJ business, just weddings and parties and such, so I hear music from the sixties to last week all in a single night. Most of it is trash and many of the requests are trash. I love the end of the nights when everyone is drunk and wants to listen to old school rock.

Again, you assume this. That I've no background and must be ignorant. Yeah, good job on that one.

You then go on to say that after being exposed and being paid to play all this garbage that I'm ignorant for going searching for the Holy Grail of music. Yes, I did refer to mainstream music because that is what I hear most of the time (besides my friends and their metal obsession) I considering it all to be garbage. Most of it sounds the same, lacks genuity and originality.

Who cares if I say all music past 2005 sucks? We're entitled to opinions and my opinion is educated. My interest in music is small so I don't know a lot of music. You took this so personally when it wasn't even referenced to anyone or anything. In fact it was so vague, I could have been talking about orchestras and bagpipe ballads as well. Almost everything I'VE (key part in a personal opinion, btw) heard it crap. I apoligze I haven't come across this bastion of spectacular music that you have. Is that what you want? My to apologize for my tastes conflicting with yours?

You seemed confused about my inclusion of this. Why would you even open your mouth if you hated the music as well? You'd join on the hate. In my experience that is evidence enough of your tastes being conflicted with.

For example:

Me: Hey, did you see that movie Ghost Rider? I thought it was garbage. Nicholas Cage has gone down the tubes with bad movie after bad movie. From his brilliance in Matchstick Men and Adaptation to this and The Wicker Man? Lame script, performances and effects. Not as bad as Daredevil, Elektra or Hulk but damn close. Scratch that, worse than Hulk. Horrible movie.

You: I agree, it was a very bad movie. BUT YOU ARE IGNORANT IN GHOST RIDER AND YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY ONLY WATCHING MAINSTREAM, GENERIC HOLLYWOOD MOVIES!!! WATCH DONNIE DARKO IT IS SO UNDERGROUND!!

If you liked ghost rider, the above response would make sense. Perhaps you're an avid fan of the comics and it blinded you of how horrible that movie actually was or you like it because it's so bad it's good (Army of Darkness) or you're the kind of person who walks into Blockbuster and rents Shark Attack 6...

You see, I went off topic, that's how much your argument stirs me up. I started ranting about Ghost Rider and it's horribleness. I hope you didn't like that movie or you're going to think I'm VERY ignorant now.

jeez, for something you started out of nothing this became a big pile of nothing. You tried to guess what I'm like before I ever did with you and while I tried to make my assumptions as vague and mostly for purpose of comparision and example, you seem to actually believe yours.

Sorry for hating Rap, Hip-hop, trance, dance, rave, techo, gangstah rap, punk rock, pop punk, ska, hardcore punk, thrash punk, disco, retro, chick singers, pop singers, boy bands, emo, screamo, theory of a creedleback, Jazz, Blues, all country (cept some Brooks, Cash and Jackson) and a dozen other genres I don't care to think of. Does that mean I hate all songs in these genres? No, I might like some of them but generally I do not. As you can see my musical choices are slim and I'm mainly forced to find old music I don't know of wait for bands I like to produce new albums.

I once enjoyed rap and the puddle of mudd/default/nickelback music of turn of the decade. I just can't listen anymore. Like the Maple Leafs and how I can't cheer until the ownership makes some serious changes. I'll simply hold out for something better and wait for this horrible phase in music to end. Now I know how my dad felt having to deal with disco in the seventies...gawd.

When it comes to music I don't care about the image or the lifestyle it represents (though most people, conciously or subconciously do) while I just listen to the music. I listen to the lyrics, the way it's sung, the tone of the guitars, the ambient noise. I enjoy music that has meaning and is deep without being whiny or pretentious. Essentially, if my ears don't like the music and my brain doesn't like the lyrics I consider it crap music. Some music as one or the other but the music I really like has both. Songs like 'Comfortably Numb' by Pink Floyd or 'Rocketman' by Elton John.

This makes me think of a quote (paraphrased) I heard Kid Rock say and it rung true to me. "If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's packaged right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you feel it." That's what I look for in music, real. No matter the genre. Most music I know is over produced, plastic music.

escobert
11-15-2007, 04:59 PM
PEOPLE, THIS IS NOT A GENRES YOU HATE THREAD. NAME ACTUAL SONGS OR DON'T POST AT ALL.

what about that can you not understand? This is about specific songs not genres.

Jon Thompson
11-15-2007, 06:37 PM
That's thousands of thousands of songs and I do not have the time. Much easier to lump into categories to display my hate. Much like how I hate fantasy but love Lord of the Rings. I never meant for it to be genre hate but apparently I'm ignorant so sorry.

how embarising !

With spelling like that, a crappy song by Rhianna being number one should be the least of your concerns.

Rostum
11-16-2007, 03:33 AM
All I can say is wow, you wasted your time writing all that dribble out, that generally doesn't express anything I was talking about? I don't care what history you have in music, and I am not basing my judgement on your views on whether you do have history in music.

I am not assuming anything, I am working with the information you are giving me. You simply said you don't want to have to "look" for music, yet you are complaining that you hate everything you hear these days (whether it'd be the radio, mainstream, or what your friends show you).

You have completely derailed from what I was originally saying. There is good music out there still; but you stated there isn't. You are wrong, as subjective a thing as music can be, you are still wrong to assume all music out there these days is crap (I don't care what genre's you are into, either, that had nothing to do with what I was saying).

All I'm going to say is.....I assume?

Already you assume I listen to the radio only (I hate the damn radio, unless I'm in a car with no CD and it's often sports talk) from me writing a line on the subject.

No, I wasn't assuming that. I was discussing the topic generally. Learn to read, please.

No reasons to why I think that. You're quick to call me ignorant. I know all kinds of music. I'm partners in a DJ business, just weddings and parties and such, so I hear music from the sixties to last week all in a single night. Most of it is trash and many of the requests are trash. I love the end of the nights when everyone is drunk and wants to listen to old school rock.

Uh, ok? I don't care? What does that have to do with anything? Should I boast about my last 5-6 years experience in the industry and bands? Just as a side note, I have found throughout a lot of contacts I've had with DJ's, most of them are arrogant jerks (and honestly suck at what they do). Not to say you are talent less at what you do, but you seem to be coming across rather arrogant and jerk-like. :P

Again, you assume this. That I've no background and must be ignorant. Yeah, good job on that one.

No, I wasn't assuming that. Where are you pulling this from?

You then go on to say that after being exposed and being paid to play all this garbage that I'm ignorant for going searching for the Holy Grail of music. Yes, I did refer to mainstream music because that is what I hear most of the time (besides my friends and their metal obsession) I considering it all to be garbage. Most of it sounds the same, lacks genuity and originality.

I still don't get why you are derailing from what was originally said? I don't care that you go looking for older music, infact I listen to heaps of older music and I would (under different circumstances) tell you a few bands or artists you may be interested in.

I can still have the opinion that you are ignorant for saying all music past 2005 is crap. Whether it is your opinion or whether you were trying to state a fact. This is because there is still good music out there if you look for it -- once again, it's not my fault you don't want to look for it.

Who cares if I say all music past 2005 sucks? We're entitled to opinions and my opinion is educated. My interest in music is small so I don't know a lot of music. You took this so personally when it wasn't even referenced to anyone or anything. In fact it was so vague, I could have been talking about orchestras and bagpipe ballads as well. Almost everything I'VE (key part in a personal opinion, btw) heard it crap. I apoligze I haven't come across this bastion of spectacular music that you have. Is that what you want? My to apologize for my tastes conflicting with yours?

You are entitled to your opinion. The way you had worded it didn't come out as an opinion, but even so I am not taking it personally. The only thing I am taking personally is the fact that you are acting like a jerk towards my own views. So what if I think you are ignorant for having such views? :P

Being vague had nothing to do with what I had said. And perhaps you shouldn't have been vague at all in the first place. It has nothing to do with taste either, I still don't know where you are coming up with these ideas -- I don't care to know what your taste in music is, I've said this a few times already, geez.

You seemed confused about my inclusion of this. Why would you even open your mouth if you hated the music as well? You'd join on the hate. In my experience that is evidence enough of your tastes being conflicted with.

What? Why do you keep making things up? I said there's still good music that is coming out, yet there's a lot of crap on the radio and mainstream. How is this conflicting?

Just because I note about present day music, does not mean I don't have the taste and knowledge for music in history.

For example:

Me: Hey, did you see that movie Ghost Rider? I thought it was garbage. Nicholas Cage has gone down the tubes with bad movie after bad movie. From his brilliance in Matchstick Men and Adaptation to this and The Wicker Man? Lame script, performances and effects. Not as bad as Daredevil, Elektra or Hulk but damn close. Scratch that, worse than Hulk. Horrible movie.

You: I agree, it was a very bad movie. BUT YOU ARE IGNORANT IN GHOST RIDER AND YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY ONLY WATCHING MAINSTREAM, GENERIC HOLLYWOOD MOVIES!!! WATCH DONNIE DARKO IT IS SO UNDERGROUND!!

If you liked ghost rider, the above response would make sense. Perhaps you're an avid fan of the comics and it blinded you of how horrible that movie actually was or you like it because it's so bad it's good (Army of Darkness) or you're the kind of person who walks into Blockbuster and rents Shark Attack 6...

You see, I went off topic, that's how much your argument stirs me up. I started ranting about Ghost Rider and it's horribleness. I hope you didn't like that movie or you're going to think I'm VERY ignorant now.

Well, your example had nothing to do with what has been discussed. And it's your fault for getting so stirred up and going off topic. I don't call someone ignorant because of their taste in things; just when they state something without backing it up substantially.

jeez, for something you started out of nothing this became a big pile of nothing. You tried to guess what I'm like before I ever did with you and while I tried to make my assumptions as vague and mostly for purpose of comparision and example, you seem to actually believe yours.

No I didn't try and guess what you are like (though it has come across very obviously with your posts). I don't even know if you are reading my posts, because you are talking utter crap now.

Sorry for hating Rap, Hip-hop, trance, dance, rave, techo, gangstah rap, punk rock, pop punk, ska, hardcore punk, thrash punk, disco, retro, chick singers, pop singers, boy bands, emo, screamo, theory of a creedleback, Jazz, Blues, all country (cept some Brooks, Cash and Jackson) and a dozen other genres I don't care to think of. Does that mean I hate all songs in these genres? No, I might like some of them but generally I do not. As you can see my musical choices are slim and I'm mainly forced to find old music I don't know of wait for bands I like to produce new albums.

Uh, since when were we talking about genres? I wasn't, that's for sure.

When it comes to music I don't care about the image or the lifestyle it represents (though most people, conciously or subconciously do) while I just listen to the music. I listen to the lyrics, the way it's sung, the tone of the guitars, the ambient noise. I enjoy music that has meaning and is deep without being whiny or pretentious. Essentially, if my ears don't like the music and my brain doesn't like the lyrics I consider it crap music. Some music as one or the other but the music I really like has both. Songs like 'Comfortably Numb' by Pink Floyd or 'Rocketman' by Elton John.

This makes me think of a quote (paraphrased) I heard Kid Rock say and it rung true to me. "If it sounds good, you'll hear it. If it's packaged right, you'll buy it. But if it's real, you feel it." That's what I look for in music, real. No matter the genre. Most music I know is over produced, plastic music.

That's great. I do have similar feelings towards music myself. But, I wasn't getting at anything like this when I responded to your initial post.

Jon Thompson
11-16-2007, 03:47 AM
I space it out so people like you can understand. Apparently, you're unable. Perhaps, blunt, is better? Do you enjoy concise things, easier to read? Here you go as you've no clue to what I mean.

The fact I complain I don't like what I hear has nothing to do with me not wanting to go looking for music. I don't go looking for music because I don't care enough. Is it wrong to say I don't like most of the music I hear?

You're saying music is subjective. So when I say 'this music is :skull::skull::skull::skull:' that isn't my opinion, it's my factual statement...or at least you think so. Me thinking it's :skull::skull::skull::skull: is subjective. Millions would agree with and millions would agree with you. Subjective, as you said.

What is the title of this thread? "SONGS THAT PISS YOU OFF TO NO END." my reply? "ALL MUSIC PAST 2005...(can you fill in the blank?) PISSES ME OFF TO NO END" This is a thread about music that annoys you and I said the music that annoys me. Really, I goes back to about 2002 but since I liked it when it came out (not now) I can't say much about it.

For someone going on about 'music taste being subjective' you sure don't seem to understand it yourself. Also, to rehas, just because I say 'all music' doesn't exactly express that I mean that exact phrase. HYPERBOLE. Look it up if you don't understand it. jeez, all this started because you don't understand the most basic, poetic device that is used probably daily by most folk. Didn't they teach you that in high school?

On topic - That song on the new Iphone commericial. "Music is my best friend, music is my king size bed..." like that over and over again. Just grating to my ears, have to mute the TV when it comes on. No wonder I haven't but an i anything because their music on their commercials is so horrible (TO ME, THIS IS SUBJECTIVE DON'T BE HATING LIKE OMELETTECLE) I cannot and will not buy their products.

XxSephirothxX
11-16-2007, 06:10 AM
How about you guys stop arguing and derailing the topic. And Jon Thompson, no more personal insults.

KoShiatar
11-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Jon Thompson, you'd stretch any moderator's patience. Back on topic now please.

BardTard
11-20-2007, 07:03 PM

:mad2: I know, Daft Punk made it WAY BETTER. Kanye West ruined it.

I can't stand Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous, and that "I Wanna Be A Rock Star" I think it's by Nickelback. The video is even worse.

But the winner... they played it when I went out with my friends...

Ay Bay Bay. If that song were a person I'd kill it.

On topic - That song on the new Iphone commericial. "Music is my best friend, music is my king size bed..." like that over and over again. Just grating to my ears, have to mute the TV when it comes on. No wonder I haven't but an i anything because their music on their commercials is so horrible (TO ME, THIS IS SUBJECTIVE DON'T BE HATING LIKE OMELETTECLE) I cannot and will not buy their products.

:D That's my new favorite song!

From all the drugs the one I like more is music
From all the junks the one I need more is music
From all the boys the one I take home is music
From all the ladies the one I kiss is music!!

You must really hate music to not like that song :(

Breine
11-21-2007, 03:13 PM
But I hate. hate. hate. HATE. James Blunt.

YES! I can't stand that guy either. "You're Beautiful" makes me sick when I hear it.. ugh.

Tallulah
11-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Style Council - You're The Best Thing. My first boyfriend quoted it at me one time and now it just makes me cringe... :eep:

Robbie Williams - Angels. I must be the only person in Britain, anyway, who hates that blasted song! :mad2:

o_O
11-21-2007, 10:42 PM

:mad2: I know, Daft Punk made it WAY BETTER. Kanye West ruined it.

I got told the other day how annoying it is that Daft Punk ruined Kanye West's song. :(

blim
11-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Robbie Williams - Angels. I must be the only person in Britain, anyway, who hates that blasted song! :mad2:

You are most certainly not!

Rengori
11-22-2007, 03:41 AM

:D That's my new favorite song!

From all the drugs the one I like more is music
From all the junks the one I need more is music
From all the boys the one I take home is music
From all the ladies the one I kiss is music!!

You must really hate music to not like that song :(

Oh yeah, I hate that song too. So annoying.

goth-love
01-13-2008, 01:35 PM
All high school musical songs, but the one that iritates me the most is 'Bop to the top' its awful and my sister loves high school musical.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Nickelback - Photograph *cringes in memory*

Of course, I just hate Nickelback in general, but that's by far their most annoying offering. How can people stand them?

The Devil
01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
"The Devil Went Down To Georgia " - I would never go there because the heat is just ghastly

Dark Eternal Knight
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
On my WoW server, there's a guy who named himself Souljaboy. Me not being the biggest rap fan, had no idea wtf meant. People were talking about it though, and from what I was hearing from everyone, it was pretty popular.

Fast forward a few weeks later. My girlfriend and I are shopping at American Eagle and they play a music video on the big screen in the back of the store. What do ya know, it's Soulja Boy.

We were like, "THAT'S THE SONG!? WTF IS THAT GARBAGE??"

Sorry to say, but it's probably one of, if not the WORST, songs I've ever heard, if you can call it a song.

Absolutely NO talent involved. :mad2:

Roto13
01-22-2008, 02:34 PM

Of course, I just hate Nickelback in general, but that's by far their most annoying offering. How can people stand them?

Nickelback is quite possibly one of the worst bands in the world. For years I thought they only had one single that was playing on the radio over and over again!

Dark Eternal Knight
01-22-2008, 02:44 PM

Nickelback is quite possibly one of the worst bands in the world. For years I thought they only had one single that was playing on the radio over and over again!

QFT LOL