PDA

View Full Version : Iconic Laugh

Wolf Kanno
11-05-2007, 09:50 AM
So a friend and I were discussing IVDS the other day which eventually led us into a discussion about the possibility (or eventuality) of the FF V and VI DS remakes. This of course led to an odd hypothectical debate about wither the VI DS version would keep the original 16-bit Kefka laugh or if it would have a VA do a real laugh.

My friend joked about his willingness to buy the remake would be based on this simple fact cause he feels the 16-bit laugh is too iconic to be removed from the game. Your thoughts?;)

BTW: This is all in playfullness so don't take this topic seriously.

blackmage_nuke
11-05-2007, 10:09 AM
16 bit laugh totally, or it wouldnt be a kefka laugh.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-05-2007, 11:18 AM
The right voice actor could easily recreate the spirit of the digitized laugh. I'd just hope whoever would be in the director's chair would be mindful of making sure said actor does so.

Flying Mullet
11-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Karellen
11-05-2007, 02:20 PM
I've heard people imitate it pretty accurately. I'm not overly concerned that a VA wouldn't be able to handle it.

Takara
11-07-2007, 11:53 PM
After watching El-Hazard for the first time, I've wondered if Jinnai and Kefka were related.

Actually, the way Jinnai laughs is exactly like how Kefka's laugh sounds in my head if it wasn't 16 bit.

But the 16 bit laugh still pwns. It's still the sound I've set on my computer for when Windows encounters a fatal error. It's soooo fitting.

The Crystal
11-08-2007, 01:32 AM