PDA

View Full Version : Secret of Mana - what are the main chars called in the Japanese original?

Peter_20
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
I know that they're called Randi, Purim and Popoie in the American version, but what about that Japanese version?
I guess it's Randee, Purimu and Popoie, right?

Avarice-ness
11-05-2007, 02:49 PM
ASGFTHDB PETER OH DEAR GOD THANK YOU I HAD LOST ALL HOPE IN SEIKEN DENSETSU FAN KIDS. ; ;

Randi, Purim and Popoie are right. d-n n

But Actually in the american version their names are Hero, Heroin, and sprite. They don't have given names. AKA, look at naming screen, it says HERO.

Scratch that, Hero, Girl, and sprite. =D

Peter_20
11-05-2007, 02:55 PM
ASGFTHDB PETER OH DEAR GOD THANK YOU I HAD LOST ALL HOPE IN SEIKEN DENSETSU FAN KIDS. ; ;

But Actually in the american version their names are Hero, Heroin, and sprite. They don't have given names. AKA, look at naming screen, it says HERO.

Scratch that, Hero, Girl, and sprite. =DHeh, but how do you spell a name like "Randi" in Japanese?
Do they use the youon modifier sign of a "De" followed by a small "i"?

Hm...

Avarice-ness
11-05-2007, 03:50 PM

Scratch that, Hero, Girl, and sprite. =DHeh, but how do you spell a name like "Randi" in Japanese?
Do they use the youon modifier sign of a "De" followed by a small "i"?

Hm...

I don't know, download the japanese version and emulate it and figure it out. I just know that the american version has them titled, Hero, Girl, and Sprite.

I never looked to far into how technical their japanese names where other than they were Randi, Purim, and popoie.

I just call them Seth, Fawn, and Autumn, but that's what Mana theater does to a person. :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-05-2007, 04:16 PM
ランディ
Randi

プリム
Purim

ポポイ
Popoi

Peter_20
11-05-2007, 04:18 PM
ランディ
Randi

プリム
Purim

ポポイ
PopoiHuh?
I can't read Kanji letters, so pleae spell that with Latin characters. :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Those are katakana, not kanji. But to Romanize them:

Randi
Randi

Purimu
Purim

Popoi
Popoi

Peter_20
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM

Randi
Randi

Purimu
Purim

Popoi
PopoiThanks.

Yeah, I know they actually were Katakana, but for some reason the computer refused to add any changes to that post; it just kept loading forever.

Avarice-ness
11-05-2007, 05:05 PM

Randi
Randi

Purimu
Purim

Popoi
PopoiThanks.

Yeah, I know they actually were Katakana, but for some reason the computer refused to add any changes to that post; it just kept loading forever.

WIN FOR KAWAAIIII

NeoCracker
11-05-2007, 05:20 PM
That little Cutie always wins.

Peter_20
11-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Huh?
What exactly did he win? XD