PDA

View Full Version : Penance

~Death~Stalker~910
11-05-2007, 11:46 PM
how do u fite penance????

and can u get him as a aeon cause he has sometin 2 do with the dark aeons dont he??

Enjolras
11-06-2007, 04:34 AM
You need to defeat all the Dark Aeons, then he'll appear as a location on the airship (But not if you have the NA edition).
And no, you can't get him as an Aeon.

silent_ultima
11-18-2007, 08:27 AM
yeah..

u have to beat 'em dark aeons...

and penance is the hardest boss in all of Final Fantasy's universe...

jeo2388
11-19-2007, 11:36 AM
yzmat is the hardest boss in final fantasy history not penance

silent_ultima
11-20-2007, 02:47 AM
to each his own, aye?

to me penance is the hardest due to the fact that in order to get to him u need to beat those dark aeons...

and he is damn hard.. even with your max stat-ed character :p

but like i said, to each his own..

Markus. D
11-20-2007, 02:55 AM
yzmat is the hardest boss in final fantasy history not penance

Major Numerus from X-2 International would overwhelm both of 'em.

silent_ultima
11-20-2007, 03:01 AM
X-2 international..

i wanted to have it.. so does the game comes in english version just like X international? or it only have the japanese menu like XII international?

jeo2388
11-21-2007, 10:35 AM
to each his own, aye?

to me penance is the hardest due to the fact that in order to get to him u need to beat those dark aeons...

u think thats hard... try going through hours and hours of uber hard mark hunting

silent_ultima
11-21-2007, 10:42 AM
to each his own, aye?

u think thats hard... try going through hours and hours of uber hard mark hunting

my opinion? u dun have to actually max stat all of u'r characters to do the hunt, but for u even to beat the 3rd dark aeons, u need to full max u'r character, well, other then zanmato-ed them, that is..

though, i've seen in youtube about a person who did the nospheregrid thing and beat those dark aeons using Shiva.. hmmm....

oh, and bro, i've beaten yzmat but i haven't been able to beat all of the dark aeons but hey, like i said.. to each his own..

jeo2388
11-21-2007, 06:37 PM
i've beaten all of then in fact w/o any trouble.. i have to admit i had trouble with penance, the 1st couple of rounds was hard, but it turned out he was really predictable.. and then i got bored.. i lost count how many times i kickd his petuddi.. but yzmat, boy was he trouble, i mean, you dont have attack reels for advantage, no time to think since its ADB system,no slice and dice, no 99999 damage, jus the good ol fashion 9999, its unbearable! i know there is the reverse skill but hey, i still get pawnd anyway..its not how hard you prepare or get to them, its how hard you fight them when your actually infront of them.. "a new legend is born" at least thats what animax said.. took me hours to beat that thing, took me 30mins,40tops, to beat penance.. but i have to say, its true leveling up is easier than maxing stats in X.. not to mention the already given zodiac spear

Enjolras
11-22-2007, 03:59 AM
I'd have to agree with silent ultima here, although it undoubtedly took far longer to wear Yiazmat's HP down to zero, I found Penace a lot harder to beat.
Also, I found the mark-hunting relatively simple compared to beating all the Dark Aeons. But, it may depend on your strategy, I suppose.

silent_ultima
11-22-2007, 04:48 AM
yeahh!!

i even found some thread saying that it is damn difficult to beat the weapon in the sea in FF7, yet i beat the crap out of him without equipping any materia.. :p

Enjolras
11-22-2007, 05:05 AM
Thats because without materia, Aire Tam Storm, his (potentially) strongest attack, would have no effect on you.
Although, you still must have had to be a damn high level to do enough damage with your attacks to beat him...

silent_ultima
11-22-2007, 05:06 AM
just use some hero drinks and wait for limit break :p

Simen
11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Penance is sooooo hard to beat! I've tried so many times. It's the only thing I haven't done in this game. I will beat it soon, and without Yojimbo's help!

jeo2388
11-23-2007, 04:10 PM
thats all bcoz you guys have no steady strategy

Enjolras
11-23-2007, 10:42 PM
thats all bcoz you guys have no steady strategy

Wow, that sure is a spectacularly uninformed statement.

Having beaten both of them, and found Yiazmat to require far less strategy, I think this is a thread for friendly personal opinion, not generalised, completely uninformed accusation.

jeo2388
11-24-2007, 05:52 AM
hey hey im just saying, beating him requires a steady strategy, w/o it, u get ur a## crushed by judgement day or stone.. and thats it, whats so unfriendly about that.. they keep saying its hard, thats bcoz all they are doing is trying different things at one time.. steady strategy is doing 1 thing(that works) over and over again, u change phase depending on the situation..they keep boosting up HP when all you need is def, luk, and str..

and yzmat is a different story, when you find the strategy for penance you will understand the difficulty of yzmat.. i still say he's the hardest after penance of cors..

again im not being unfriendly, im just saying what your doing WRONG, got it

Enjolras
11-24-2007, 08:24 AM
My use of "uninformed" was simply because as we haven't actually discussed any of the specifics of how we have fought either of them, I don't understand how you can say things like:

"they keep saying its hard, thats bcoz all they are doing is trying different things at one time.. "

and...

"im just saying what your doing WRONG, got it"

Just like you, I'm not trying to be unfriendly, just disagreeing with your rather categorical, and, in my mind, quite unfounded statements.