PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, Final Fantasy VI (PSP?)

Zechs
11-06-2007, 08:12 AM
I was thinking, it may be cool to see Final Fantasy VI remade for the PSP. No, not ported. Remade. Slick animations, character transactions, magic, cut scenes... The works. As if it were meant for the PS2.

Well, any thoughts?

blackmage_nuke
11-06-2007, 09:23 AM
It would be awesome, but it doesnt look like its ever going to happen

yinyang3
11-06-2007, 10:33 AM
TO be honest, it doesn't seem like the demand for a FFVI is too high. The only ones that people wanted remade were III and VII. So since III already got redone....maybe VII will fill the next void? I don't know..

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
If FFI and FFII are any indication, Square Enix doesn't know how to make high-res 2D graphics that don't look like they belong in a third-rate Korean MMO. So, no, I do not think subjecting FFVI to that would be cool.

Slothy
11-06-2007, 01:07 PM
If FFI and FFII are any indication, Square Enix doesn't know how to make high-res 2D graphics that don't look like they belong in a third-rate Korean MMO. So, no, I do not think subjecting FFVI to that would be cool.

I'm pretty sure they meant a 3D remake. I'd rather not see one, but since FFIII did and now FFIV is being remade in 3D I'm not so sure it won't happen. If FFV gets a remake then FFVI will.

Roogle
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
I love the remakes and ports that Square Enix has been making, but I think that the company needs to take a new direction before any more are made. They seem to have a thing for delegating ports to poor programming teams and remaking games with odd graphical styles.

Flying Mullet
11-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm burned out on all of the pre-FFVII remakes that they're doing. I would rather them focus on new properties or work on post-FFVI games then spend more time redoing another FFI-VI game again. 1-3 ports/remakes is more than enough.

Crossblades
11-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I was thinking, it may be cool to see Final Fantasy VI remade for the PSP. No, not ported. Remade. Slick animations, character transactions, magic, cut scenes... The works. As if it were meant for the PS2.

Well, any thoughts?

I expect a remake for the DS since SE has remade III and is working on remaking IV for the DS

Raebus
11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm glad I own a DS lite. =D

cloud21zidane16
11-06-2007, 11:20 PM
It would be great seeing it remade, but i just woudnt mind it being ported onto the psp as well:D

Zechs
11-07-2007, 01:47 AM
It would be the 3rd time it was ported. If it were remade, say in X style (earlier PS2 graphics for the PSP), then it would be much more. It could have everything intended for it. Make it in such a way to keep it appealing to the old fans, as well as give it something for the graphics appealing newer fan...

Flying Mullet
11-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Since I can play it anywhere now that it's on GBA I'm not too fussed about anymore remakes for it. I know I was more excited about it's portability than any new features or reworked script when it was announced for the GBA.

Siegfried
11-07-2007, 02:41 AM
1. If remade, i demand to see Sabin using a gun of some sort and Strago riding his scooter

2. If 3d version is made, the sprites should be based off their pictures that have been so oftenly used...as seen in our own FF6 section

Zechs
11-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Definitely. Keep true to Yo-shi-taka's character designs.

Edit: Hmm, a name to contain profanity? No way...

Avarice-ness
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM

Well, any thoughts?

I expect a remake for the DS since SE has remade III and is working on remaking IV for the DS

Yeah I agree. The whole remake things suppose to be for the 20 years of Final Fantasy and since in the past 4,5, and 6 tend to go in a release pattern, remaking 4 only wouldn't really make to much sense. But still if FFIV-DS comes out in Japan at like, what end of this year beginning of next? It'll be a damn long time til we see the light (AKA NEATO CG ART) of FFVI-DS. :(

I just hope it's not a remake in the sense of changing things, Moreso just a change from 2D to 3D, then I'll be okay.

Bolivar
11-07-2007, 09:24 PM
I think they should stop giving half-assed remakes to the original 6 and go all out, detailed characters, intricate environments, the works. It's like, if these games are good enough to deserve a remake, shouldn't they deserve a good one?

I would love to see this especialy in VI, exploring the whole world, seems like it would be alot of fun. Some of the dungeons were really fun too, I'd like to see those in 3d with really good battle design.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-08-2007, 03:31 PM
The DS remakes are "all-out." So were the PlayStation versions of Final Fantasy I and II. The crummy GBA ports and unsightly PSP versions are the only truly lackluster revisions of the original six.

KoShiatar
11-08-2007, 04:19 PM
After III DS and IV DS we'll probably have VI DS. And, to tell you the truth, I'm looking forward to that, because I really enjoyed III DS and I think it added a lot to the original game, fleshing out the story, balancing classes, upgrading music nicely and so on.