PDA

View Full Version : yay it feels like winter!!!

Lynx
11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
anyone else looking forward to winter? holidays? blanket of white? snowboarding and skiing? cars spinning out? state of emergencys? frost bite?

the first 3 intrest me not so much the others.

so what are you looking forward to this coming winter?

Bunny
11-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I am looking forward to winter, but not the holidays. It may snow once or twice, but no more and no less. I do not snowboard, ski, or ride on snowmobiles and I do not drive a car or truck. I do not know what kind of emergencies could arise during the winter months and I will not even make an attempt at topping my best friend's story of frost bite.

I am looking forward to cold, harsher weather with more chances of cloudy skies. I dislike the sun and I heart the clouds.

Momiji
11-06-2007, 07:23 PM
It snowed today! *excited*

Sure, it melted instantly, but it was pretty.

Zeldy
11-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Today has been so cold, it's been so great! I love it when it's cold. I love waking up to the grass being slightly white due to frost (it's the closest we ever get to snow) and the roads damp with it too. I absoloutly adore Christmas, and winter = CHRISTMAS.

I wish it snowed :( I think the last time it snowed (proper snow, not mush) was when I was abooout 6? nearly 10 years ago.

smittenkitten
11-06-2007, 07:25 PM
I wish it would snow here so I can build a snowman! :whimper:

The only thing I don't like about winter is that it's cold. :)

Rye
11-06-2007, 07:25 PM
I dislike everything about the winter except snow and winter clothing. ;;

Momiji
11-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I dislike everything about the winter except snow and winter clothing. ;;

What about Christmas and school closings?

Lynx
11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
oh man i feel bad for everyone who doesnt get actual snow :( then again not everyone enjoys snow like me. im an obsessed snowboarder, 31 days and my mountain opens for snopwboarding :D

plus i love the sight of snow and i agree with Rye in that i enjoy the winter clothing too i have no idea why but something about it makes everyone look better :cool:

oh and if im at my snowboarding mountain during a state of emergency then i get a free food and free hotel room which is nice since its a world famous resort.

MKusanagi
11-06-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm excited. It's my nostalgic season. Reminds me of all the times I spent running from home and clubbing and getting high and drunk and living life like a rock star. Oh and cold makes me feel cozy. I love grey days:D

Araciel
11-06-2007, 08:09 PM
It means seasonal depression. But it also means the bugs are gone.

Nominus Experse
11-06-2007, 08:37 PM
I do so very much enjoy winter.

I am made able to layer myself in warm clothes of fashionable tastes, most notably scarfs and coats. The fireplace is lit and tea and tarts are made with the inevitable creation of other baked delectables. Wine and brandy warm our throats, and cheese and home brewed ales and porters fill our cheery stomachs. Sex is suddenly an affair that doesn't involve a large amount of sweat due to the temperature. And the ability to race Jack Frost along the mountains is a lovely thing indeed. The hot shower is suddenly made comparable to heaven in the early mornings. The creation of snowmen and other shapes (that may possibly frighten small children or offend others) is always enjoyable as well.

But mostly the food and fireplace are what I look forward to most.

rubah
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
hahahahahaha :(

if I'm lucky we'll get a few inches of snow. At the same time :(

I enjoy the nippy weather though. it's a nice change although very cold :O (well, 49 feels cold to me :( with wind :()

cloud21zidane16
11-06-2007, 10:27 PM
I love the winter, its easy to sleep because its nice and cold, in England when its hot its not enjoyable like Spain or America its just sweaty and stuffy espicially at night:rolleyes2
Theres sometimes thick snow, theres a huge forest with lots of hills nearby where i am so thats fun:D
And a lot of snow is a good excuse for everything to close so we get the day off:D

PyroManiak
11-06-2007, 10:38 PM
I like snow. :D

Araciel
11-06-2007, 10:52 PM
We usually get a few feet of snow over the course of winter.

Quindiana Jones
11-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I have a 12ft scarf, but it is currently too hot to wear it. I can't wait for Winter. Give it a few more weeks and I'll be Tom Baker-licious.

KH-Cloudy
11-07-2007, 01:20 AM
I love snow, but it doesn't snow where I live, so I have to go over to a mountain and snowboard there. I just love snowboarding, so fun especially when you have others with you.

Marshall Banana
11-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Oh, my!

I love to play in the snow until my hands and feet feel numb! It makes hot cocoa feel even better.

Jojee
11-07-2007, 04:39 AM
I dislike winter clothing. >=[ And I dislike cold. But I like snow! :p

It snowed yesterday and I was so happy, I was walking around on campus and was like, ACK precipitation! *hides* Is this hail? Wait, no... it's... snow!!! YAYYYYYY! xD Yep. I was grinning for like five minutes.

Ace14
11-07-2007, 04:48 AM
I wish it snowed here, it sucks here. :( I love the winter weather and the winter style, it just seems more fashionable than summer clothes. (I don't know why...)

MKusanagi
11-07-2007, 04:55 AM
It means seasonal depression. But it also means the bugs are gone.
Seasonal depression.... tell me Dyslexicon, have you been SAD lately? (medical joke, my humor is far-reaching and few-laughing)
Bugs aren't bad... unless they're cockroaches. Those things should be destroyed. Eliminated. Exterminated.

Lynx
11-07-2007, 04:58 AM
I wish it snowed here, it sucks here. :( I love the winter weather and the winter style, it just seems more fashionable than summer clothes. (I don't know why...)

my guess would be because theres so much more involved. shirt sweater coat pants snow boots hats.

i absoultely love winter i remember back in the day (on a wednesday) when i was in school if i ever saw it snowing i was flipping out cause i was so happy and just wnated to get out of school and play in the snow.

plus last year i came to realize snowboarding is my true passion. and this year going for a backflip. depending on how good i get at them possibly a rodeo.

Araciel
11-07-2007, 05:03 AM
Seasonal depression.... tell me Dyslexicon, have you been SAD lately? (medical joke, my humor is far-reaching and few-laughing)
Bugs aren't bad... unless they're cockroaches. Those things should be destroyed. Eliminated. Exterminated.

The words of humour...they overwhelm my composure. Forgive me if I crack a smile :P We don't have cockroaches where I live.

Rengori
11-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Stop reminding me of what I no longer have.

escobert
11-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Snowboarding and the hope of summer again.

Breine
11-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm looking forward to Christmas and all of the traditions that come with it.. I'm definitely not looking forward to being cold, though.. Brrr, it's already starting here in Denmark.

Jess
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't like being cold outside! However, I like to be inside a nice warm house with snow falling outside, drinking some hot chocolate or something. ^____^

It's cold & rain I hate the most. :cry:

Peegee
11-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Yeah James is in snowland. Or forest land. Both are not fun.

I hate winters. I have to drive slowly because everybody's a wussy driver if the weather changes to something that isn't 'super summer fun time'. I have to waste 5 mins every day scraping frozen dew from my car, and don't get me started on the cold.

Yuck. Why'd I move here?

Misfit
11-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I can't wait to decorate our white Christmas tree with Eric! :3 I've always wanted a white christmas tree with colored lights, and now I finally have one! ^_^

Loony BoB
11-07-2007, 03:03 PM
The only winter I look forward to is the Auckland winter, because it means I won't have to put up with the crappy insanely cold weather of Scotland again. It rains more in Auckland in a massive way, but the COLD, the COLD!!! I don't want this black ice and this sludge! It's annoying!

Ashi
11-07-2007, 04:00 PM
It's not that cold where I live. Winter just means we'll be able to engage in outdoor activities more often. I prefer clouds and dark days, but we don't get them that often. I started getting tanned last winter when I joined an outdoor sports club.

The advantages of no murderous humidity is not becoming sticky whenever we leave the ice rink. My shades did not appreciate being used in the summer for this reason.

Shlup
11-08-2007, 02:09 AM
I like to try to drive up to the snow at least once a year. It's fun to see it sometimes. It's all cold and stuff, and then I touch it and my hand gets cold. Crazy.

Shiny
11-08-2007, 02:56 AM
It's smurfing COLD, bish! I'm black, we're not supposed to be cold! Turn the hot weather back on plz. :freak:

*ahem* With that said, I hate the winter and the only thing I look forward to is the long break from school.

escobert
11-08-2007, 03:01 AM
It's smurfing COLD, bish! I'm black, we're not supposed to be cold! Turn the hot weather back on plz. :freak:

*ahem* With that said, I hate the winter and the only thing I look forward to is the long break from school.

I want a long break! :p

Yamaneko
11-08-2007, 03:41 AM
Snow is nice to see, but a nuisance to live around. I'm glad it doesn't snow here. We're pretty close to places that do, though.

escobert
11-08-2007, 03:46 AM
well in a few decades we wont have snow either! :p

Seraphic
11-08-2007, 04:26 AM
It doesnt snow at all here,it doesnt even get cold.
It does get a little windier if I'm lucky though,lol.
*hopes for windyness*

Araciel
11-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Yeah, that reminds me: How many of you have to shovel your roof each year?

Scratch that, how many have ever had to do it?

Ouch!
11-08-2007, 05:47 AM
I hate winter.

That said, this winter is going to own hardcore because I live in freaking Miami now. Disregarding the one month I have to spend freezing my ass off back in Chicago, it's going to be fantastic!

escobert
11-08-2007, 06:14 AM

I havea steep roof that the snow falls off:monster:

Lynx
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM

we use to have to but then we had my whole roof redone so not anymore. i still have to bring in wood for the wood stove though and shovel paths and this year i have to make a jump and a take off ramp. so i can snowboard when i dont have time to go to the mountain to snowboard.