PDA

View Full Version : The Similarites and Differences of a Decade

Momiji
11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm 17 years old right now. I'll be 18 in 3 months and 3 days. However, I realized that a lot of my likes and dislikes have remained the same from the past 10 years.

Topic: What were you like 10 years ago? What things did you like and what hobbies did you have that you still enjoy today? Also, if you want, talk about what you USED to like and don't anymore.
Less complex topic: How have you changed over the past 10 years, and how haven't you changed?

Example: For me, I liked video games and reading reading and learning big words 10 years ago, and my favorite author was Shel Silverstein. I'm still the same way now. However, when I was young I had no interest in writing or music, which is a big part of my life now.

Rye
11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
My tastes have become more foreign, for the most part. I like foreign movies, books, music, food, candy... :3

Zeldy
11-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Well 10 years ago I was 5. I can't exactly remember. I liked playing with my Barbies and watching my brother playing Zelda for hours on end.

I was totally different back then fashion wise; My favourite band was Blue!

Shauna
11-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I was 6. I played outside a lot. I was a little more social than I was now, but I generally refused to talk to people I didn't know. I literally mean I didn't TALK to them. I liked playing with my toy cars. But... uh... that's all I can remember.

Araciel
11-06-2007, 07:54 PM
At 15, I was interested in girls above all else in this world. I worked out furiously and tried to cover up my horrible acne. I was still so shy around them, however that I was not so successful in my endeavours. I loved movies as I do now, and I watched all manner of cartoons. I just got back into FF since 7 had come out that year. Also I just started playing D&D and getting involved in kickboxing.

Now I'm old, out of shape, lazy...I think my girl infatuation has come to a horrible realization, I watch movies religiously still, play cheap computer games, don't own a video game console anymore...yea

smittenkitten
11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I was like 7 years old, I'm so young. :( Then I was playing a, b, c and manhunt with the neighbourhood kids. Manhunt was my favourite game, the boys choose a word and each person gets a letter so then we girls beat them up to get the letter out of them. 'Twas so much fun. :heart:

Momiji
11-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I just realized, I started reading Shel Silverstein when I was 8. Close enough.

ReloadPsi
11-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Ten years ago I hadn't heard of Final Fantasy. That just about says it all. Nearly.

I didn't listen to music at all, mostly liked to watch cartoons and had just stopped watching Power Rangers. Now, or in just the last two or three years, I won't go out of the house without earphones, I barely watch TV and I got into tokusatsu (which also means Power Rangers). And I've completed all the numbered FFs except 11 and 12 which I never intend on doing.

I'll be 23 next year but I'll still be 13.

Mirage
11-06-2007, 08:15 PM
10 years ago, I was 12. I liked computers, video games and techno music. I don't like techno music anymore.

Lynx
11-06-2007, 08:28 PM
i dont play with toys anymore. i do build with legos every once in awhile.

and i use to ski when i was 10 now im a snowboarder. i still watch cartoons i watched 10 years ago such as simpsons and i think south park may be 10 years old by now? i guess really not much has changed. i know some bigger words but rarely use them.

Nominus Experse
11-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Then

I was an active, astute, conservative, evangelical Christian.
I wore orange, yellow, white, khaki, and brown clothes. Additoinally, these clothes were the classic clean-cut, Christian geek model.
I was a virgin.
I hardly listened to music, and when I did, it was Christian nu-metal (lolwut?)
I hadn't yet fed my sexual fetishes of sadomasochism.
Hadn't killed anything.
Had yet to see a dead human in person.
I hadn't done drugs or alcohol.
Hadn't become addicted to anything yet.

And Now

I am an outspoken, active atheist
I wear only black and dark greens, violets, and crimsons. My clothes now vary from Gothic Victorian to Industrial.
I've had sex.
I listen to music constantly, and boast a library of 163 gigs of varying genres. My library is devoid of any Christianity.
My fetishes has become gluttonous, in a manner of speech.
I've slain creatures.
I have now seen two dead people up close.
I've done a slough of drugs and alcohol.
I've been through addiction a number of times. Some would argue that I am still addicted to some, and I might have to agree.

Heath
11-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Ten years ago I was eight. I enjoyed Sonic the Hedgehog games on the Mega Drive a lot and I still do. Funnily enough, I was really quite into football a lot then, but my interest waned a bit for a few years afterwards but now, eighteen, I'm probably a bigger Evertonian/football fan than I've ever been at all. When I was eight I very much enjoyed science, art and maths, while now I've not taken part in any significant visual art-related activity for years and I enjoy history and literature. My literary tastes, I couldn't really comment on. Socially, I'm a lot more mature and comfortable talking to strangers, crowds and my own family. I may also have had blonde hair. I lost that somewhere between the ages of 6 and 8 anyway.

rubah
11-06-2007, 10:02 PM
It's kinda funny; since I was 9 (I'll be nineteen next month :O)my interests varied a long ways, but now they're kinda going back to what they were originally.

hmm, a list. . .

I played nes games like simon's quest, super mario brothers, adventures of link.
I listened to classical music (xD)
I wanted to be an astronaut
I played the piano
I was very depressed for some reason

and now, I do not play so many games, but I do play them on more consoles xD
I don't really listen to classical music anymore
i still want to be an astronaut
I still play the piano when I have time
I am still depressed sometimes, for some reason. hormones or a genetic tendancy? I'm not sure.

Bunny
11-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Ten years ago I played with Barbie dolls. Now I only play with Ken.

fire_of_avalon
11-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Ten years ago I was 12. That was a bad time. I liked to read and write. I liked Daria. I liked my dog Charlie.

Old Manus
11-06-2007, 10:59 PM
I got interested in politics. Yeah, it was pretty much downhill from there (with the help of the Daily Mail)

Raebus
11-06-2007, 11:05 PM
If my memory serves me right, I was going on epic quests to discover immortality. This was before bed time, or I was going through tombs, raiding them and coming to the elusive stuffed toy on a chair/pedestal. Good times.