PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer 3 Help

Skyblade
11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Sorry to trouble you all with this, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere online.

Due to a screwup at the store when I purchased my C&C3 game, I wound up having to return my copy and get a new one (I had been charged for the Kane Edition, but only got the standard edition disc with the game). I'd like to reinstall to get access to the new maps and such, but I don't want to lose my game profiles (I can play the previously installed standard version with the Kane Edition disc, I just don't have access to the extra content). Does anyone know if uninstalling the game deletes your old save profiles, and, if so, is there any way to save them?

XxSephirothxX
11-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I imagine if you just navigate into the folder where the save files are, copy them, and then paste them back in after you reinstall the game, you could keep them. It may even give you the option to keep them when you begin the reinstallation process. I know some games do.

Skyblade
11-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Well, I have duplicated my save files, and I'll live with that if I have to, but I also know that the profile stats, including unlocked videos and intel, win/loss amounts, and other things are stored somewhere else, and I have not been able to locate them. So, while I'd have my full GDI map with full Gold Medals, I'd have to play each mission all over again to unlock their content. I'm hoping to avoid that.

And I haven't seen any keep saves option on the uninstall menu. :(

XxSephirothxX
11-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Hm. I would probably first try to find a place to download any extra maps or content that comes on the Kane disc online. If you couldn't get access to them that way, maybe try contacting customer support and if they can't help you, sounds like you're stuck.

Skyblade
11-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Well, if anyone else ever wonders about this, uninstalling the game does not delete your profiles. Or your saves. So I did a lot of worrying and backup work for nothing. But thanks for the advice anyway, Azar.