PDA

View Full Version : Project Exile

Karellen
11-07-2007, 01:32 PM
YouTube - Project Exile (http://youtube.com/watch?v=PioZ3ievw-c)

Never heard of it until recently. Apparently it's an RPG for the NDS by an independent studio. It was originally created for the GBA but I guess they realized that no one is really interested in that platform anymore so they decided to port it over.

From the looks of things the gameplay makes it seem like a pretty obvious Chrono Trigger clone, although I'm not sure I would necessarily call that a bad thing since Chrono Trigger had some of the best gameplay for its time. The graphics seem pretty decent for a low budget title, even though the animations themselves aren't really that impressive. The story doesn't seem overly interesting (kind of an anti-FFVI) but obviously not much has been released thus far.

So yeah, discuss I guess.

EDIT: There is a link to the site in the video description for those who want to know more.

Laddy
11-07-2007, 09:18 PM
It looks cool. I'm getting it!

Rase
11-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Heh, yeah. Looks like another studio realized that people craved another Chrono Trigger, so they just decided to give it a "spiritual successor" of sorts. Definitely something I'll keep an eye on.

DK
11-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah that definitely looks like something I'll get. Love Chrono Trigger so much, hopefully this can do it justice.

Captain Maxx Power
11-08-2007, 10:58 PM
The world needs more RPGs like this on the DS. If another bloody Animal Crossing or Sims spin-off comes out I may have to murder somebody.