PDA

View Full Version : So I don't produce meaningful memories

Peegee
11-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Or at least memories that are consciously achieved. Now I do know that memories (of events) isn't fact recollection unless you make it as such, but it seems like the memories I do produce tend to be random. Like I will think really hard and then something will be produced, and that's the best I can make out of it. Then I forget what I remembered and I have to remember it again. So every time I think of a past even I invent something to work with.

I'm not kidding. Those of you who I talk to. Do you notice I say the same thing over and over (and I don't mean asl pikachu lol hobbitsex or any of my catchphrases)? Do you notice or wonder why I ask you the same question twice, possibly in the same day? That's pretty much why.

So how do I deal with it? Well I have to believe that a priori logic is functionally applicable to the world. Or I just make something up and hope it works. If you suddenly say to me 'OMG I MADE IT!' I'll have to assume that you told me you were going to do something and then I'll say 'YAY POOL PARTY!' which is a non-committed response, a non-contextual response, and an empty gesture response, all of which are socially acceptable.

If I'm on your msn list pay attention to this. It's pretty neat. So yeah, I'm supposed to make a topic: how good is your memory? And is what I have a product of my job (I don't produce meaningful memories even if I wanted to at my job) or just that I produce unconscious memories, which is a normal thing?

Burbles?

The Ceej
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I always thought my memory sucked, but at least it's better than yours.

Rye
11-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I have an excellent memory for LJ entries, conversations, forum posts, etc. I've often scared people because I've quoted an ancient post from them and they're like "WHAT?! HOW DO YOU REMEMBER THAT?!"

Tallulah
11-07-2007, 07:33 PM
I can remember the randomest of random stuff from years and years ago, such as obscure songs from defunct one-hit-wonder bands, but I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday, if anything...

Actually, I didn't have dinner yesterday, as I finished work at 8 and my 'lunch' break was late.

Araciel
11-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I have a good long-term memory. I'm actually horrible at names etc.

Rengori
11-07-2007, 07:51 PM
My memory is horrible. Especially with names.

Heath
11-07-2007, 10:57 PM
I've got a rather good memory, I think. I have an odd knack for remembering dates which can I certainly find slightly unsettling at times. Still, it's nice to be able to pinpoint things to a certain day when I'm referring back to LiveJournal entries and such. I tend to bring up memories and in-jokes a lot with my friends and I think, basically, I have a nice, fuctional and rather good memory.

Zeldy
11-07-2007, 11:00 PM
I have a terrible memory. People are all like "ohhh remember that time that you ___" and Im like.. no :(
Im okay with names, Im just one of those people who will come out with loads of names before getting to the right one.