PDA

View Full Version : Now just bend over for me Mr. Power...

Captain Maxx Power
11-08-2007, 01:21 AM
So I'll be going in for a CT scan sometime today. I get there at 1, at which point I'll have to drink "special water" (whatever the hell that means), and wait an hour in the hospital for it to flush through me. Then I'm going to be injected with a radioactive dye that will apparently cause me to get the taste of copper in my mouth and possibly crap myself. Then I'll be given the scan, which according to the leaflet I've been given is the equivalent of four years of background radiation in five minutes. What's jolly about all of this is my chances of getting "fatal cancer" will rise to 1 in 2000.

What strange and borderline-dangerous scans/procedures/operations have you had done on yourself in the past or in the near future?

Araciel
11-08-2007, 01:24 AM
I had a less invasive MRI done..didn't need to drink anything. Also when you get your teeth x-rayed, I love how they cover your groin with two layers of protection, so your soldiers don't become deformed...while they shoot a lazer at your computer, directly in your face.

Captain Maxx Power
11-08-2007, 01:26 AM
I had a less invasive MRI done..didn't need to drink anything. Also when you get your teeth x-rayed, I love how they cover your groin with two layers of protection, so your soldiers don't become deformed...while they shoot a lazer at your computer, directly in your face.

Fry my brain if you must, but I'll be damned if you make me impotent!

Araciel
11-08-2007, 01:33 AM
:D And here I thought it was to guard genetic material, not the ability to expel it.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-08-2007, 07:38 PM
There was a time when my health had to be monitored constantly on a certain medication, and I had so many blood tests that there was concern I was losing too much blood.