PDA

View Full Version : Taste the asian

Peegee
11-08-2007, 02:01 PM
xD

Okay so my colleague at the office told me that he bought some 'General Tao Chicken' flavored chips as well as 'Szechuan' flavored chips. Did I mention Canada has very unique Chips flavors that USAians don't get to try?

I brought up the point that they might as well call it Chinese flavored, and then pointed out that there's 'Oriental' flavored Ramen. Then I started laughing in my head hysterically at the premise of 'oriental flavor', for virtually every meaning you can come up with for those two words said together. Let's take a few minutes to lol...

*ahem* are there any bizarre flavored miscellanea you enjoy? If so what's wrong with you? Also what are they so we can share in your lunacy?

I personally love sour cream and bacon chips.

theundeadhero
11-08-2007, 04:20 PM
There are ketchup flavored potato chips, but I wouldn't say I enjoy them.

Zeldy
11-08-2007, 04:31 PM
There are ketchup flavored potato chips, but I wouldn't say I enjoy them.
THEY ARE DELICIOUS. They taste just like Prawn cocktail though xD

Old Manus
11-08-2007, 04:45 PM
I just ate a packet of Goats Cheese and Herb crisps.

They were fucking disgusting.

Momiji
11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
xD

Okay so my colleague at the office told me that he bought some 'General Tao Chicken' flavored chips as well as 'Szechuan' flavored chips. Did I mention Canada has very unique Chips flavors that USAians don't get to try?

I brought up the point that they might as well call it Chinese flavored, and then pointed out that there's 'Oriental' flavored Ramen. Then I started laughing in my head hysterically at the premise of 'oriental flavor', for virtually every meaning you can come up with for those two words said together. Let's take a few minutes to lol...

*ahem* are there any bizarre flavored miscellanea you enjoy? If so what's wrong with you? Also what are they so we can share in your lunacy?

I personally love sour cream and bacon chips.

HEY! We USAians get Szechuan flavored chips, thank you very much!

They suck, though. :(

Boosk
11-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Marmite crisps...I'm not sure what to make of them! Tastes NOTHING like marmite!

Momiji
11-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Marmite crisps...I'm not sure what to make of them! Tastes NOTHING like marmite!

What's marmite? o_O

Tallulah
11-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Marmite. Hate it or love it... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite)

I have a penchant for cheese and jam sandwiches. I even once used them as a security measure to stop my so-called 'friend' snagging food off me during a school trip.

Cheese and fruitcake is also a good combination. :p

Araciel
11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
ruffles used to have these chips called 'the works', sour cream, bacon, cheese and onion rippled chips...omg it was soo good...i miss them so. but i hardly think those flavours combined to be strange.

Peegee
11-08-2007, 07:26 PM
ruffles used to have these chips called 'the works', sour cream, bacon, cheese and onion rippled chips...omg it was soo good...i miss them so. but i hardly think those flavours combined to be strange.

Are you telling me it doesn't exist? WHAT?

Momiji
11-09-2007, 01:36 AM

I have a penchant for cheese and jam sandwiches. I even once used them as a security measure to stop my so-called 'friend' snagging food off me during a school trip.

Marmite...just reading about it makes it sound gross.

Ouch!
11-09-2007, 01:39 AM
I see Lays "The Work" potato chips pop up every once in a while in the oddest places.

I had chicken flavored potato chips while visiting Australia about a year and a half ago. They were fairly awesome.

Araciel
11-09-2007, 01:42 AM
I see Lays "The Work" potato chips pop up every once in a while in the oddest places.

I'll PM you my address if you wanna send me some next timeyoufind them :D :D

leader of mortals
11-09-2007, 01:42 AM

Marmite...just reading about it makes it sound gross.

Marmite... but pa might not(lol impossible quiz)

Disco Potato
11-09-2007, 04:04 AM
The Target store near us sells buffalo-wing flavored potato chips, and my grandfather once got some shrimp-flavored chips from who-knows-where. They're very yummy :drool:

Vincent, Thunder God
11-09-2007, 04:59 AM
People think I'm weird because I like peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

I also like ginger beer, even though most people think it's waaay too spicy. (Despite the misleading title it's non-alcoholic.)

Speaking of foods most Americans don't get to try, we also have poutine, the finest food of all time.

Araciel
11-09-2007, 05:35 AM
To think some people in this world have never had poutine...for shame.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-09-2007, 05:56 AM

Yeah seriously, it's only the best food ever created! All countries should serve it - I wouldn't want anyone to miss such a delicious meal. :(

Rostum
11-09-2007, 07:55 AM
I've tasted Asian before, it was sexy and delicious.

I absolutely love Vegemite, do any of you?

Tallulah
11-09-2007, 08:46 PM

We have a similar thing; chips and cheese (and sometimes gravy). I never heard of it before I came to Lincoln. I tend to only have it when I am completely off my head! Though I have had it sober a couple of times... not as nice for some reason... :(

Yes... I can imagine eating poutine on the way home from a night out. :p

Oh, and @ Omecle: Marmite > Vegemite.

The Unknown Guru
11-09-2007, 09:11 PM
About half the Doritos flavors out there are weird, and they're all really, really good. But "Black Pepper Jack"? Come on.