PDA

View Full Version : I wish to clarify a very annoying myth

ReloadPsi
11-09-2007, 10:02 AM
First off, I admit I've never seen anyone here claiming this particular rumour to be true, but either way I'm gonna dispel it either ways. And who knows, those who were in the dark about the whole thing may learn something :)

"The Creation" by Josef Haydn does make an appearance in Final Fantasy VII (why else would it be in the credits, eh?), but it is not the final boss theme... It's more likely that it's the song that's playing during the scene when President Shinra is looking over the destroyed wreckage of Sector 7: it seems as though two separate parts of the song are played out of order.

Here you go. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=skeFyjJN7lo) Listen to this a few times, then watch the FMV again (it can't be hard to find, just look for "Sector 7" on YouTube or something. This video's in a different key to the version we seem to be hearing in FF7.

Anyone able to give some outright clarification on this?

Genome
11-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Here is a link to the Sector 7 Plate Collapse FMV. YouTube - Final Fantasy VII-Sector 7 Plate Collapses (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xVAsieRGMWg)

And I'd say that that is definitely the song playing in the FMV.

blackmage_nuke
11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
That is facinating and somewhat ironic

Heath
11-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I always had a feeling that the music being played was a real piece of music but I have absolutely zero knowledge of classical music and never expected to find out what it is. Well done on spotting it.

Bolivar
12-07-2007, 06:28 PM
I always had a feeling that the music being played was a real piece of music but I have absolutely zero knowledge of classical music and never expected to find out what it is. Well done on spotting it.

word

Markus. D
12-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Interesting!

:D

Rainecloud
01-04-2008, 04:05 PM
I always assumed it was a Square composition.

Thanks for the information. :up:

Avarice-ness
01-06-2008, 08:40 AM
That's neat, but hardly the first time real compositions have been used in FF games. See Carmen in FFII/IV, and the that one song in FFIII when the dancey girl dances.