PDA

View Full Version : Catching Casper with a Net

Peegee
11-09-2007, 02:00 PM
There's a hobby my brother does and has dragged me into doing a few times. It's called 'urban exploration' (UE) and it's basically breaking into abandoned houses (or sneaking into 'live' buildings in areas you aren't allowed to enter) and digging through their garbage to find out stuff about people. Then you take pictures and post them on a forum and people go 'lol I was there last week', thus making your efforts completely impotent like pg is...wait...

Anyway, sometimes people will post pictures like this:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1276/spiritorbs2mw3.jpg

Note the insane amount of 'orbs' everywhere. It's usually just dust on the lens or some sort of trace artifact causing distortions in the photo. But there are those in the UE community who go around looking for ghosts. And they think that the 'orbs' are evidence that ghosts exist. And they are giant glowing blobs of circles. Heck you could probably argue they are UFOs or something. Crazy weirdos. They are mocked incessantly in the UE community and thus is good troll fodder. I wouldn't know .. of course. >> <<

So anyway, do you believe in ghosts, or do you try to find ghosts? My grade 8 teacher told us a story about how when he was younger he got lost, and a kid pointed him to the direction to escape his prison of death. He turned around and the kid was gone. AMG GAIS A GOEST (ps where's Bipper?)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-09-2007, 02:09 PM
No, I'm a rational person.

Loony BoB
11-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Ghosts don't exist as far as I'm concerned.

theundeadhero
11-10-2007, 04:43 AM
GHOST DON'T EXIST!

NeoCracker
11-10-2007, 04:47 AM
I wish I were a ghost.

Miriel
11-10-2007, 04:48 AM
I don't believe in ghosts. But ghost stories scare me. :(

Also. Awwwwww (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2d_P4Y48U).

oddler
11-10-2007, 04:51 AM
The best explanation as to why people see ghosts I've heard was in a thread like this not long ago. Something to the effect that the person's brain interprets visual stimuli incorrectly and the person thinks, "Ghost, yo!" No, I don't believe in them.

escobert
11-10-2007, 05:23 AM
But Ghostface killa ain't dead!

Resha
11-10-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm sure they're around somewhere =)

NeoCracker
11-10-2007, 08:03 AM
I don't believe in ghosts. But ghost stories scare me. :(

Also. Awwwwww (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2d_P4Y48U).

Necrophilia is hot.

blackmage_nuke
11-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I dont believe in them, but i wouldnt be surprised if they existed

Captain Maxx Power
11-10-2007, 12:13 PM
The idea of ghosts, like a lot of paranormal phenomena, falls flat on it's basic inability to remain consistent in it's description. We're meant to believe that ghosts are the still-present souls or essences of dead human beings. But if this were the case then wouldn't we be seeing a gradual increase in ghost sightings as time went on? It seems every ghost encountered is from some "18th Century milk farm" as oppose to the more recently decease. Indeed despite advances in medical techniques the amount of people dying each day is much higher than it was in the past by sheer virtue of the exponentially larger amount of people present. If it were the case that anyone who dies is eligible for ghostdom we would be bumping into ghosts left, right and centre by now. Also, has anyone ever noticed that ghosts only seem to come out at night or when it's dark? Are ghosts kind of like bats in that they're nocturnal? If ghosts are really humans then surely they would be more inclined to go about their business during the day? This also goes against notions of the afterlife and reincarnation that all these religious types seem so enamoured with. The very concept of souls remaining on earth suggests that the system is either flawed or doesn't exist so which is it?

Griff
11-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Everytime you're having sex with your girl, remember that there is a ghost of a gay guy doing you up the pooper even though you can't see it.

Captain Maxx Power
11-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Everytime you're having sex with your girl, remember that there is a ghost of a gay guy doing you up the pooper even though you can't see it.

That's easily the best post I've seen in as many months.