PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed

Vivisteiner
11-09-2007, 05:34 PM
This game looks awesome.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/assassinscreed?q=Assassin's%20creed

And I love this trailer...

YouTube - Assassin's Creed - Templar Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RetR_N9IP-g)

Who's gonna buy it?

McLovin'
11-09-2007, 05:39 PM
This gonna be on the PS3?

Discord
11-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Definitely getting it.

DK
11-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Can't wait for it tbh

Madame Adequate
11-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah I'm gonna get this. Looks kickass.

Remedy
11-10-2007, 03:06 PM
I'll pass

Vivisteiner
11-10-2007, 03:47 PM
This gonna be on the PS3?
Yep. And Xbox360.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/assassinscreed?q=Assassin's%20creed

^Now for a link that actually works.

100/100 : GamePro
100/100 : Games Radar
95/100 : Game Informer

Ill probably get it later. When I get my PS3.

Jiro
11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
I plan on getting it. Does anyone know when its being released in Australia? Information around my parts is scarce. Thanks

Slothy
11-12-2007, 01:25 PM
This is one of the few games that can actually be considered next gen in my opinion. I've been waiting for this since news of it first broke a couple of years ago, so I am definitely getting it. I just wish I had more money right now so I wouldn't have to wait until Christmas.

Breine
11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah I'm gonna get this. Looks kickass.

Yup yup! :hat:

Misfit
11-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I want it I want it I want it I want it! ;__;

Craig
11-12-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm getting this and Super Mario Galaxy on the same day.

Dreddz
11-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I never liked the look of this one. Reminds me too much of Prince of Persia, which I loathed. Ill pass thanks.

Psychotic
11-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I'll be getting this beast.

XxSephirothxX
11-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Much as I shouldn't spend money, in all probability I'll either buy Super Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed, or Mass Effect, and try to wait on whichever I don't purchase. But I honestly have no idea which one I should get.

It'd be easier if Assassin's Creed turned out to be a letdown, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. :p

LunarWeaver
11-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Game looks hotter than hot pink to me. Games that are in development for 152.3 years and have lots of hype tend to either be horrible or genius, and this one looks the latter thankfully. Can't wait to taste it! And just as Naruto allowed me to be a ninja in orange, I can now finally be an assassin in all white.

Madame Adequate
11-13-2007, 01:50 AM
This Friday. I'll pick it up on the way home from learny. :jess:

Rostum
11-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I would, but I don't want to buy any of the next-gen consoles yet.

Breine
11-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Click here (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27616.html) if you want to see a video review of the game. It's from Gametrailers.com.

Ayreon
11-15-2007, 12:15 AM
This game is awesome. Screw the reviews, get it now.

DK
11-16-2007, 12:45 AM
I've heard this game had medicore reviews and it only reinforced my decision to just trust my own judgement. The game is overall awesome.

Man for some reason leaving a massive mountain of corpses of brutally murdered Christians is strangely satisfying :D (literally, there was a part in the first mission where you get a stream of templar knights coming at you one at a time, so I was using it to get a bunch of the acheivements done and there was just a pile of 100 corpses all the way down this hill.)

Madame Adequate
11-16-2007, 01:39 AM
I've heard this game had medicore reviews and it only reinforced my decision to just trust my own judgement. The game is overall awesome.

Man for some reason leaving a massive mountain of corpses of brutally murdered Christians is strangely satisfying :D (literally, there was a part in the first mission where you get a stream of templar knights coming at you one at a time, so I was using it to get a bunch of the acheivements done and there was just a pile of 100 corpses all the way down this hill.)

How have you got it already?!

And yeah I trust what Gabe says more than most reviews. Gamespot's seemed more nuanced though, I generally find they're in line with my opinions. Getting tomorrow, can't wait. D:

DK
11-16-2007, 01:59 AM
I got "tha hookups" :cool:

Madame Adequate
11-16-2007, 02:40 AM
I got "tha hookups" :cool:

... Mass Effect?

Necronopticous
11-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Here's a challenge, try to find a negative review about Assassin's Creed that doesn't contain some variation of "I formulated preconceived notions of this game through trailers and hype. The game is different from my preconceived notions. This game is a terrible disappointment."

XxSephirothxX
11-16-2007, 06:27 AM
The only major complaint I've seen is that there is simply a lack of variety in the game, both in terms of gameplay and the environment. I think IGN said the AI was :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty, but their review was so poorly written it's hard to give it much credence. I'd trust Gabe's word over most reviewers any day, too.

DK
11-16-2007, 10:04 AM
I don't know how any reviewer can complain about AC being too repetitive after SotC was almost universally praised. Get on horse, run for 10 minutes, use bow/sword to knock giant monster down, climb giant monster, stab weak point, repeat until dead and then repeat 15 times for the entire game.

At least in AC there is a much richer story and you can free roam and do whatever you want. Free running over the city rooftops is just fun (to me, anyway) and so is randomly going on killing sprees. Or making Altair jump off the highest place you can find into water because he's a ponce who can't swim and dies straight away. Or just anything your imagination lets you do.

... Mass Effect?

I could get it soon, I think, depends when the dude gets it in, but I'm not getting that until Christmas because now that I have AC, I literally don't have any more room for other games. Blue Dragon is still only 5 and a half hours played and I still haven't taken Eternal Sonata out of the plastic wrap, so yeah xD

Ayreon
11-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Just finished my first assassination. I can understand the bad reviews. The fun in this is the open-world do it at your own leisure style. If I was playing this game under a deadline, all the fun would be sucked right out of it.

Psychotic
11-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Got it. It's pretty much identical to Crackdown other than the fact that it's set in the Crusades.

Lawr
11-18-2007, 12:53 AM
When you see citizens being harassed by guards, if you kill the guards, the citizens side with you, so when you're in trouble, they'll grab the guards and you can run, or kill them, whatever floats your boat.

EDIT
Oh yeah, I kind of hate the fighting, all they do is deflect and all I can do is throw them and glitch hit them when they're on the ground.

Madame Adequate
11-18-2007, 05:01 AM
... Mass Effect?

I could get it soon, I think, depends when the dude gets it in, but I'm not getting that until Christmas because now that I have AC, I literally don't have any more room for other games. Blue Dragon is still only 5 and a half hours played and I still haven't taken Eternal Sonata out of the plastic wrap, so yeah xD

I meant for me :heart: :save: :count:

As for AC yeah, I can see where the complaints come from regarding repetition, but honestly I don't see randomly stabbing people in the middle of crowded streets, and getting away with it, ever getting old.

DK
11-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Send me the money and I'll do what I can :D It all depends on when they ship in though.

Madame Adequate
11-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Send me the money and I'll do what I can :D It all depends on when they ship in though.

Because I trust Yorkshireman. :p Thanks for the offer though but I'll just wait for the LE, need mah Galactic Codex. Oh, plus, I've got two essays to write. They're not going to get one once I get Mass Effect. :p

Hazzard
11-18-2007, 05:39 PM
It looks good, but I'm unsure. I think I'll side with Mass Effect, complete it and then try out Assassins Creed afterwards.

Jiro
11-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Bah, I was just about to go get Mass Effect and my 360 died again. 2nd time in 36 days. Crappy thing. So no Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect until the second week of my school holidays. But they both look good. And I want to get a WII for Super Mario Galaxy and FE10. But sadly, no cash.

Shiny
11-21-2007, 07:56 PM
It's also going to be on the Nintendo DS some time in February.