PDA

View Full Version : Finally played Virtua Fighter 5

NeoCracker
11-10-2007, 11:20 AM
And it really does suck.

This game was horrid enough to make me feel like I wasted my time, even though I just played the setup they had in EB Games.

What games have you played recently that horribly failed to live up to the hype.

Dreddz
11-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I think Virtua Fighter 5 is the best in the series, but there not for everyone I suppose. There definately not the most accessible fighters out there.

Im probably going to go with Halo, I bought the first two games together in preperation for three but I never thought they were anything special, or worth my time. I dont really like FPS's and not even Halo could change my mind. I beat the first and got an hour or two into the second and stopped there. Dunno if ill bother with Halo 3.

DK
11-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Deciding on Halo by playing the single player mode is no good, because the single player mode is dreadfully boring. Halo is only worthwhile for the immense fun online play is. I didn't even like Halo 1 or 2 but I've spent most time since I got my 360 playing Halo 3 online.

Edit: as for VF5, seemed pretty good to me when I played it, but I probably won't get any fighting games for the 360 because the pad is useless for them.

KentaRawr!
11-10-2007, 11:55 AM
DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, but it didn't exactly have much hype behind it. It was fun, but I wasn't really having as much fun as others told me I would.

Karellen
11-10-2007, 01:33 PM
A whole load of game reviews gave Odin Sphere all aces yet I still can't muster up the incentive to beat the first book. The story and graphics are great and all but the core gameplay is just so repetitive. It's as if they took a Tales game, removed all the flashy combo attacks and just strung a whole load of random encounters together. Sure, the alchemy system is pretty cool and the 'leveling' system is original but the design of the game itself is just so barebones. No puzzles, no real platforming elements or interaction with the environments; just whacking the enemy until your power bar runs out, waiting for it to recharge while dodging their attacks, then whacking them all over again.

Remedy
11-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Formula 1 Champion Edition for PS3
I don't know why I selected it while there were Fifa 08 >.<
anyway.. F1 on-line is good!