PDA

View Full Version : magic challenge

cid highwind
11-10-2007, 10:17 PM
hello everybody im going to do a challenge at ff vi.
absolutley no magic.
why? it will seem like kind of a strange reason but i,ve noticed that if your terra doesnt use magic right outside of figaro you know when your escaping from kefka
you can save that scene for a later battle :eek:
hopefully i will be able to take this scene up until kefka
im going to update this thread once in a while to tell whats been more and less challenging the game whithout magic and even if the scene wont trigger later its still a fun challenge... hopefully

abrojtm
11-10-2007, 11:17 PM
That scene will not occur anywhere at all past Figaro Cave. Good luck if you still to do the challenge, it shouldn't be too hard.

blackmage_nuke
11-11-2007, 06:59 AM
I think a harder challenge would be a Magic ONLY challenge, no skills or fight. You'll be crying until you get your first espers

BTW i think that scene lost its charm in GBA when the
M
M
M
M
M
M
M
etc...
MAGIC!!!
part was replaced by just 3 m's or something

The hyperbole was half the humour

ljkkjlcm9
11-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I rarely use magic in any FF game anyways, not that big of a challenge, imo

THE JACKEL

cloud21zidane16
11-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Good luck:)

Avarice-ness
11-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Have fun at the magic tower.
Oh wait, you won't.

Zeromus_X
11-12-2007, 12:23 AM
By 'no magic', are you only restricting the use of the "Magic" command? Or are you allowed to use items that cast magic?

Nevertheless, the challenge shouldn't be too bad. Good luck. :)

Oh wait, you won't.

Molulu's Charm.

Avarice-ness
11-12-2007, 04:22 AM
By 'no magic', are you only restricting the use of the "Magic" command? Or are you allowed to use items that cast magic?

Oh wait, you won't.

Molulu's Charm.

Oh well what about when you fight the magister or whatnot. I guess he doesn't have to fight him, but still running up and down some stairs isn't always that fun. I should know, my towns full of them.
Ps. Thanks for the awesomeness in my quote name. =D

ljkkjlcm9
11-12-2007, 05:08 AM

Oh wait, you won't.

Molulu's Charm.

Oh well what about when you fight the magister or whatnot. I guess he doesn't have to fight him, but still running up and down some stairs isn't always that fun. I should know, my towns full of them.
Ps. Thanks for the awesomeness in my quote name. =D
wall ring? and lots of patience

THE JACKEL

blackmage_nuke
11-12-2007, 05:22 AM
Or wall ring and walk off to ammuse yourself, but that would be pointless considering all you get from Magi master is Magic Points and the gem box would do nothing (unless you're a sly submariner and say X-magic isnt really "magic")

And there are other treasures on the Magi Tower before the Magi master anyway

cid highwind
11-12-2007, 04:59 PM
okay maybe its not that much of a challenge i havent started the whole thing yet because my computers benn banned for some dayspeople may add suggestions for a challenge such as just certain characters but im probably keeping the no magic concept(i know ,sounds weird) and ill get back and i start the challenge in a week
my party is ( obvious enough) edgar lv 9 locke lv8 terra lv 7 at mt kolts save point

Bluecho
12-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Personally, I almost never use magic except for healing. I just like hitting things a lot more.

Anyone who agrees with me raise a metaphorical hand.