PDA

View Full Version : Everybody's working for the weekend!

Denmark
11-11-2007, 05:26 AM
Do you like the weekend? Why or why not? Which is your favorite weekend day? Describe your typical weekend.

When I'm at school, I live for the weekend. The weekend is my savior from having to wake up for class and do things every day during the week. I prefer Saturday over Sunday, because Saturday is followed by Sunday. Sunday is also when I do all my homework for the weekend, but Sunday has football, so it's not terrible, it's just that the next day is Monday. My weekend consists of sleeping in until at least noon, perhaps doing something with friends, watching football, eating minimally, being minimally active, playing video games, and other such lazy things.

This past summer, I didn't much care for weekends, because I had to work Friday through Sunday (in addition to Tuesday and Thursday, but Friday-Sunday was worst). It's the only time in my life I've ever been more excited for Monday than Friday.

prayzer
11-11-2007, 05:33 AM
I have to work every other weekend so I tend to loathe every other weekend. On the other hand, I'm off every other weekend so I love that. I'm working this weekend so I hate it.:( :(

Peegee
11-11-2007, 05:48 AM
At least I finished Puzzle Quest this weekend. Otherwise it's like any other day except I get to spend 10 more hours than usual slacking off and wasting time.

I'm not even sure what it is about weekends I'm doing 'wrong'. I guess I just want more vacation days ;p

NaroK
11-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Long story short.

I used to spend my weekends hungover and got fed up cause i couldnt drive (0 bac limit here) So last week i didn't drink and blew a whole lotta petrol last weekend :rolleyes2 . Still i had a great time:D

So all week i was keen for this weekend and then BOOM i crashed my car friday afternoon coming home from work

MUTHA F****A! MURPHY!!!

Rostum
11-11-2007, 06:25 AM
I usually just study or get some work done for uni / self-learning.

I prefer to go out with my girlfriend or a couple of friends during the week day -- as it is not as busy around the city.

theundeadhero
11-11-2007, 07:16 AM
My Saturday and Sunday are just like every other day of the week. :(

Miriel
11-11-2007, 11:06 PM
I like working on weekends cause it means more money for me. :p I still look forward to weekends though, even when I work cause I enjoy my job and seriously, the money motivates me. The weekends that I don't work, I get to unwind from the school week or spend time with my boyfriend and the boyfriend weekends are always the best. Weekends are also when I get to visit my parents house, and see my doggie. Weekends are great. Made greater by the fact that I don't have class on Fridays so I have 3 day weekends every week. :D

cloud21zidane16
11-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I like seeing friends or my girlfreind, sometimes i just lay in for ages:) Right now i feel like just taking a week off but i cant really:(

Drift
11-12-2007, 12:09 AM
i should do my work at the weekends :(

Vermachtnis
11-12-2007, 01:58 AM
This weekend I went down to ETSU and bugged my friend who goes down there. They were having some gaming tournament. I gots squirshed (literally) in Mario Kart 64.

Usually though I drive home on Friday. Clean my room and put stuff back and play video games and watch TV. Saturday morning I head out to the mall and buy books and/or games. Then I spend the after noon reading and/or playing. Then I watch Toonami/[adult swim]. Sunday morning I finish washig, drying, and folding my clothes. Then I head back down here. Spend Sunday doing my homework I should have done earlier. Also I go here.

Shlup
11-12-2007, 02:35 AM
I LOVE MY WEEKENDS! I work with little turds all week, then on the weekend I sleep and play video games aaaaaall day.

On Sunday I grade papers and plan the weeks lessons, but other than that I'm a potato.

Bunny
11-12-2007, 02:49 AM
I hate every day ending in y.

Loony BoB
11-12-2007, 10:42 AM
My weekend consists of a Saturday mostly spent on my own (Danielle works Saturdays) and a Sunday with Danielle. There will be 1-2 football games watched, a fair bit of chatting online, posting on forums and gaming. Sunday also involves flat-hunting at the moment, as I'll be moving soon. On some Saturdays I travel out to have lunch with Danielle while she's on her break.

CloudDragon
11-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Rob sounds like we're in similar situations.

Weekends get me through the school week. My three shifts at work are all scheduled during the week so I have my weekends free. Weekends usually consist of drinking/smoking with friends and/or new people. I also leave the weekends free for possible trips to visit friends at other colleges or to go home for a weekend.

Sundays usually go like this:
Football Watching > Random internet :skull::skull::skull::skull: > Dexter (TV series on Showtime) @ 9:00PM > Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO) @ 10:00PM > Homework