PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 2

Shlup
11-11-2007, 10:02 PM
This is not the first thread I've made on The Sims 2, but this time I have something to post. Hooray!

I play The Sims 2... a lot. As often as possible. In fact, right now I'm tormenting myself by alternating between The Sims 2 and Twilight Princess.

But today the purpose of my thread creation is not only to discuss The Sims 2, but to post the "legacy" I started.

In The Sims 2 community, it's common for a player to create a Sim and document their game play and the procreation of their first generation in what is called a "legacy."

And I decided to make one.

So look at it: The Muffin Legacy (http://muffin-legacy.livejournal.com/713.html?view=7625)

Also feel free to discuss The Sims 2 in general.

Rye
11-11-2007, 10:06 PM
I really wish The Sims 2 worked on any of my computers. ;;

Shlup
11-11-2007, 10:21 PM
I upgraded my computer just so it would run the game better. xD

Yeargdribble
11-11-2007, 10:32 PM
I enjoy TS2 quite a bit. I haven't kept quite as addicted as I did to TS1 though (all of the expansions etc.), but it's still a blast. Playing MMOs probably affected that. However, lately I have time to play neither that much. At this point I'll probably wait for TS3 to get back into it hardcore, though I've been tempted lately to catch up in expansions.

I wonder why it has such a negative connotation in the gaming world. It seems that a lot of people think it's stupid or girly or something of the such. I think it's great fun.

cloud21zidane16
11-11-2007, 10:40 PM
I love the Sims 2 i used to play it a lot but not much lately, i still see my sister playing it a lot though.

Shlup
11-11-2007, 10:44 PM
I enjoy TS2 quite a bit. I haven't kept quite as addicted as I did to TS1 though (all of the expansions etc.), but it's still a blast. Playing MMOs probably affected that. However, lately I have time to play neither that much. At this point I'll probably wait for TS3 to get back into it hardcore, though I've been tempted lately to catch up in expansions.

I wonder why it has such a negative connotation in the gaming world. It seems that a lot of people think it's stupid or girly or something of the such. I think it's great fun.
The amount of idiots in The Sims 2 community far exceeds that of any other gaming community I've seen. People who typically don't play games play The Sims 2, so there's an obvious ignorance to what happens in the general gaming world.

For example, in most gaming communities, people who mod the games put their mods up on the internet and share them around, knowing full well that any editing they do to game code isn't theirs to sell. In The Sims community, many modders/creators expect to be compensated for their code-editing. There are a number of people who make a good living off of making little outfits for Sims. It's retarded.

Go to a big Sims 2 message board. It's hilarious.

Breine
11-13-2007, 10:10 AM
I can't find my Sims 2, which irritates me quite a bit. There are times when I just wanna play the game so bad, and then I start looking for it, but I'm never able to find it.. sigh.

Yeargdribble
11-14-2007, 03:08 AM
I used to spend a bit of time on TS2 messageboards and I will say that I found quite a few of the players annoying just due to their over-cutesy approach to everything.

I'm not sure how I feel about charging for content. I mean, if someone has a great deal of skill with something like Maya and can make fantastic skins, meshes, furniture, etc. then I don't really have a problem with feeling like they deserve compensation. They have a special skill set. If they were doing it for their work as an animator they would get paid.

I think there's something just a bit different because it's a little less accessible. In a game like Unreal Tournament damn near everyone is making levels and such and there's enough high quality free content that there's no demand for paid content.

In The Sims community only those with talent can make very high quality thing. I personally have less of a problem paying for access to a large assortment of high-quality, fan-made content than paying for those stupid item expansion packs that are actually put out by EA. Those are the bigger rip off to me.

Necronopticous
11-14-2007, 03:22 AM
My "Sims 2" (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/).

Nominus Experse
11-14-2007, 04:48 AM
I sometimes play this game, but it's never been able to hold me well.

Although it was fun to watch the virtual me and my girlfriend speak gibberish

I've learned that if I say "unnau giu mahga na neshioo un" to my girlfriend, the terrible verbal fight will end in kissing.

Finola
11-23-2007, 08:35 AM
I'd like to know how many hours i've played TS2 in total. It would be so huge number! Honestly.
Well, i haven't really played it for a while now cuz i got bored... probably bored to the way i play. Still my history with the game started three years ago, before that i watched couple of years while me friend played it.

Nice legacy you have there.

Xander
11-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Your legacy makes me want to play again XD (I only really played for one weekend before). Can you get add ons like consoles or items for the sims to use? (I have noo idea about any of this)

scrumpleberry
11-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh my god I love it.

You know what? I'm going to go and do a legacy RIGHT NOW.

Which neighborhood should I do it in?

Germ Hamee
11-24-2007, 08:41 PM
I say start your own. It's fun having almost every single house with the same last name.

scrumpleberry
11-24-2007, 10:43 PM
I say start your own. It's fun having almost every single house with the same last name.

RRRRIGHT!

LEGACY TIME! BERRY AWAY!

Ashi
11-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I would make my own TS2 legacy but I'm so PC-burned out these days :(

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Your sims are awesome XD

I haven't played since June!

Here's some videos of my sims:
YouTube - Cloud and Aerith Have a Child! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoEz3I5G1Bo)
YouTube - The Squeenix Family Episode 01 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkiW02AyHwA)

I'm thinking of starting up the game again with original sims instead of the usual FF characters :p

Jess
11-28-2007, 12:43 AM
I used to love playing The Sims 2, but my laptop overheats and turns itself off even if I play music on it, so you can imagine my pain if I try to play TS2. ;________;

Your legend is good, Shlup!

demondude
12-03-2007, 06:06 PM
My friend has like 3 different expansions and I want to borrow one. :(

Dr. Acula
12-04-2007, 09:25 AM
This has inspired me to make my own Sims 2 Legacy. But I'm gonna wait till I get more expansions, I only have University at the moment.

Jessweeee♪
12-08-2007, 05:24 AM
While we're talking about TS2, does anyone know where I can find goggles? I've looked EVERYWHERE and all I found were swimming goggles!

Madame Adequate
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
I love this so much that I've asked for The Sims 2 and any Xpacs for Xmas.

Shlup
12-18-2007, 08:20 PM
I bought the expansion packs up to the latest one. The latest one (Bon Voyage) I downloaded because I'm tired of EA shipping these things with so many fatal flaws that I have to search for user fixes for.

So I have all the expansion packs and all the stuff packs. They're nice. I played through a vacation yesterday in Bon Voyage and it was fun.

Your legacy makes me want to play again XD (I only really played for one weekend before). Can you get add ons like consoles or items for the sims to use? (I have noo idea about any of this)
I have thousands. Literally. The best places are ModTheSims2.com and, for pirated copies of "pay" files, paysides.mustbedestroyed.org. Be picky and only get the very best stuff or you'll end up with too much.

I think I got my consoles at SavageSims.com.

Which neighborhood should I do it in?
Mine is in the one that came with Seasons--Riverblossom Hills or whatever.

While we're talking about TS2, does anyone know where I can find goggles? I've looked EVERYWHERE and all I found were swimming goggles!
They come with the Nightlife expansion pack.

Jessweeee♪
12-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Hmmm....I'll have to take a look at that one!

Dr. Acula
12-19-2007, 09:18 AM
I got Bon Voyage about a week ago (I begged my mum to buy it for me for christmas, then I begged her to let me have it early:D ). My local library lets people get computer games out (I think you have to pay a bit, though) so I'm just gonna rent out the other expansions and install them. It's cheap AND legal!

Shlup
12-20-2007, 03:27 AM
That's a cool deal. I just get 'em off Bit Torrent.

Yesterday I spent FOREVER building a new vacation lot and then realized I accidentally made it community instead of residential! DAMMIT!

The changelotzoning cheat always borks for me too.

Laddy
12-20-2007, 05:08 AM
^Same for me. So much for Uberwin Resort Of Awesomesauce.

Shlup's dynasty is so cute and funny. Damn, if only mine were more interesting. My favorite one was in Strangetown, in which the Harrisons resided. The parents were killed in a fire, little Lionel was taken away, and Valerie ended up to make straight A's in college, making her a Celebrity Chef with gold badges in Robotmaking.

She married Rich and had biracial little girls, Tori, who ended up flunking college, and Lauren, who is a teenager at the time. However, Rich is a smurfing bastard and he left me for River... yeah, River, a guy. Then, my data was screwed and only children remained in Strangetown. :(

~*~Celes~*~
12-21-2007, 12:10 AM
I LOVE SIMS 2 ZOMG

I have Nightlife and Family Fun stuff, asked for Pets for Christmas. However...my key for Nightlife was ripped off the booklet so I can't play it anymore -.o I'd uninstalled it 'cause I never played it, then went to play it and couldn't put in the key thing D=

Anyway, I've been thinking about making a legacy of my own but I dunno yet...

Shlup
12-21-2007, 12:43 AM
I got the game when it was new, but never actually played it until I started playing my legacy. I just made buildings and used cheats and stuff. I'm surprised how fun it is to play without cheating. xD

scrumpleberry
12-21-2007, 01:00 AM
It's because the rewards of the game are actually rewardings, methinks. I always download too much stuff and have to purge.

Yar
12-21-2007, 01:09 AM
My aunt and I play and talk about Sims 2 quite a bit (only game she plays really). She LOVES to build houses and design, something I find hard. I love to experiment with lives and see how many simoleons I can earn.

The only thing I wish they'd do is not release all the expansions seperately.

Madame Adequate
12-21-2007, 02:28 AM
I LOVE SIMS 2 ZOMG

I have Nightlife and Family Fun stuff, asked for Pets for Christmas. However...my key for Nightlife was ripped off the booklet so I can't play it anymore -.o I'd uninstalled it 'cause I never played it, then went to play it and couldn't put in the key thing D=

I think it would be legal for you to download a CD key of a game you actually own. However, I am not sure of that (And wouldn't know how to do such a thing :angel:) so I shall not instruct, but some resourceful Googling may yield results, if you are interested in such.

I got The Sims 2 when it was new, literally like three days old, and I played it for quite some time. Then I took it on vacation to my then-girlfriend's place, and she and her family played it way more than me, so I ended up leaving it with them as a small thank-you for all the stuff they did for me. I never ended up with a new copy, and I've never played any expansion stuff either! But I've been checking out legacies* and some mods and such, and I'm uber-pumped for Christmas morn now :jess:

* The Dallas Legacy is one of the funniest things ever. Had me in pant-wetting stitches. You can find a link on the Muffin Legacy userinfo. Alternatively, the Broke Legacy scares me, because I actually cared about the sims in it a lot. ;_;

Luther X-Rated
12-21-2007, 05:50 AM
You should have gone "Zelda:Twilight Princess" all the way.

Yar
12-21-2007, 07:31 PM

Why do that when you can get Link and Zelda character models for Sims 2 and then make Link burn the house down or have Zelda have an affair or something. Now that is a Zelda game!

Luther X-Rated
12-21-2007, 07:38 PM

Why do that when you can get Link and Zelda character models for Sims 2 and then make Link burn the house down or have Zelda have an affair or something. Now that is a Zelda game!

You should patent that idea :p

Shlup
12-22-2007, 08:38 PM
* The Dallas Legacy is one of the funniest things ever. Had me in pant-wetting stitches. You can find a link on the Muffin Legacy userinfo. Alternatively, the Broke Legacy scares me, because I actually cared about the sims in it a lot. ;_;

The Dallas Legacy is the only one I read regularly. It's hilarious.

Already beat it. I'm so gonna make a Link Sim though.

Rye
12-22-2007, 09:01 PM
My laptop and PC are both Gateways, which are really dreadful at playing games, so The Sims 2 works for 20 minutes before it crashes my laptop and PC. My RAM is more than good enough for Sims 2, but it can't play it because some other thing. I don't know much about computers.

I still have it though, so when I get a new laptop (a Dell, they're so much better with games), I'll give it a try. :love:

Rianoa
12-22-2007, 09:58 PM
woop the sims 2 when i first got it i was on it two days strait now im not that botherd about it i like messing up there lifes with the bool prop testing cheat its great

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah that cheat's fun XD

Have you tried the one that makes every neighbor go to your house?

It's crazy o_o

The back yard was littered with infants!

I find that I spend more time in the body shop and modifying the game than I do actually playing it XD

Shlup
12-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Why the hell would you want every neighbor in your house??

Though the littered with infants thing sounds fun.

Rianoa
12-22-2007, 11:16 PM
its funny when you invite all your naibours then ask them to go way the all flee the house

scrumpleberry
12-23-2007, 01:40 AM
I once spammed a house with trees and kids to get a pack leader to turn up. It was like a forest full of babies.

Spiffing Cheese
12-23-2007, 10:57 PM
I got so addicted The Sims 2 that my dad actually had to remove it from the laptop because it was two weeks before my GCSEs and I had done no work. xD

The bastard still hasn't put it back on there for me (he downloads it and I have no frickin' clue how to install it xD)!

Jessweeee♪
12-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Why the hell would you want every neighbor in your house??

Though the littered with infants thing sounds fun.

To build a wall around each sim to make a Sim zoo o.o

I was going to make another video like that, but having all of those people slowed the game down.

It's no fun on The Sims 1, though, because they just teleport out of their prison after awhile :(

Dr. Acula
12-24-2007, 04:23 AM
There's this... glitch, I guess you could call it... where you invite over some people, and then they can pick up your baby and leave the lot with it.:D

EDIT: I'm not talking about Social Workers, either.

Shlup
12-24-2007, 05:59 AM
There's a fix for that somewhere. I think at More Awesome Than You.