PDA

View Full Version : OWOWOW PAIN!

mooglebunni608
11-12-2007, 03:45 AM
What is the wierdest injury you have gotten?

STORY TIME!
I was sewing a totally cute vest today on my music teacher's sewing machine (which she switched with mine for some reason).
Now I was getting very frustrated with this machine because it kept dropping the thread and so I was doing frustrated things at it.
One of these frustrated things was trying to catch the thread, but I forgot to take my foot off the peddle that makes the needle move.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

The needle went THROUGH my fingernail and out the other side of my finger!
Thank goodness there was no thread on it, that would have been bad! ><

So, again; what are the strangest injuries you've EVER gotten?
How bad did they hurt? How well did they heal? DO YOU SEW?

(I finished off my vest by hand, BTW. And using floss <3)
And yeah, I admit I was a little bit tipsy while I was sewing ><

Madame Adequate
11-12-2007, 04:08 AM
There was this old knife-sharpening tool in my great-grandmother's backyard shed. It was this big metal wheel with a handle you pumped, and it spun around and around. I liked to spin it real fast and let my fingertip touch the spinning surface. I smashed my fingertip in that thing three or four times in my childhood. D:

Also at my great-grandma's. I was in her backyard this one time, bored out of my skull, looking for something to do. A thick, solid plank of wood and a pile of bricks were the answer. I assembled a seesaw, placed half a brick on one end of the plank, and jumped on the other end to fling the brick high into the air. When the first one landed about eight inches to my right, I ran forwards as soon as I landed to avoid the thing. This went well for a few more. Then I ran forwards, turned around, and saw no falling brick. I looked up. The sun blinded me; I looked down and away from it. Half a brick cracked in the dome.

Lynx
11-12-2007, 04:10 AM
my brother threw a card once like a deck of cards card lets say a 4 of diamonds and it hit me jsut above the eye and cut me.

another time my brother whipped a flaming marshmellow off the porch and it hit me in the face.

oh and another time my friend threw a can of Raid (bug repellent) and it hit me in the ehad giving me 7 stiches.

Araciel
11-12-2007, 04:24 AM
Sprained pens.

rubah
11-12-2007, 05:50 AM
I ran into a piece of hog wire that got shoved up between two of my toes about two inches. Disgusting.

MKusanagi
11-12-2007, 05:59 AM
Remind me to stay away from sewing machines...

Rengori
11-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Sprained pens.

Pens? Not Penis?

Um, I was changing the strings on my guitar and thought it would be a good idea to pull on the string as I was loosening it, and the string snapped and went into my finger. That hurt like fuck.

Tasura
11-12-2007, 02:58 PM
When I was 6 or so I was cutting a lemon and the knife slipped off the peel and went through my hand. It was a clean straight cut with a sharp knife so it healed fast without stitches or scarring.

Peegee
11-12-2007, 03:21 PM
I punched a wall once in anger, and I fractured two of my bones in my palm.

If you know me IRL you can ask to check out my hand. There's a weird 'bump' in my palm bone where the two fractured bones healed.

Yay. Incidentally I quit Karate because of the injury.

Ouch!
11-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I have a large dent in my forehead. It's not visible, but you can feel it if you run your fingers over the right place. Incidentally, I have no idea as to what caused this injury. I've had the dent as long as I can remember, which makes me wonder whether or not my parents dropped me on my head when I was a baby. That would explain a lot.

As for a story I can remember... how 'bout the two concussions I got in one week? That's always a good one.

The first occurred during a soccer game. Our defense (where I most frequently played) was in a bit of a bind, so given the opportunity, one of our defenders just booted the ball across the field to clear it. That day, for whatever reason, I was playing forward, and I happened to be the closest person to recover this wildly kicked ball. The ball was bouncing toward the opposing team's goal, and as I rushed after it, the goalie came out of the box to beat me to it (the last defender must have been caught with his hand down his pants or something, 'cause I have no idea where he was). It became a game of chicken. I suppose one might say we were both victorious, because we crashed headlong into one another. I suffered the most damage--the goalie was a big guy.

Anyway, concussion number one right there. Got carted away in an ambulance while strapped down to a stretcher wearing a neck brace. My German teacher (whose son was on the team as well) accompanied me in the ambulance because my parents weren't at the game. She spent most of the time being excited about driving by all the traffic and generally ignored me. I can't blame her.

Exactly a week later, I was out pumpkin picking with my friend's family, and we were running around like idiots being chased by his twin brother. It was rather wet outside (having rained that morning), so as I was running, I slipped and slammed headlong (again) into a pole. This time I actually split my head open. The bleeding wasn't too bad, though, and I managed to pass it off as "just a little bump" until I got home and avoided another ambulance ride.

Yeah, that's my story.

First one to make a joke about my name gets a cookie.

Avarice-ness
11-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Er...

I have a bruise on my elbow that hurts when ever I straighten my arm out.

The Parental Guidance version is:
I was taking a shower and rammed my arm into the side of the wall.

The Restricted version is:
I was taking a shower with my boyfriend and [SEXUAL CONTENT] 'caused me to ram my arm into the corner of the wall.

Seriously though I think I jammed my elbow bone. Is there even an elbow bone? :(

Cookie
11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
I had my hand on the handbrake once and my mum put it down on like three of my fingers. I lol'd. But really I cry'd. D:

Jess
11-12-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm always getting injured but somehow the only bones I've managed to break are fingers, toes, and my coccyx.

I have a scar on my forehead from when I was running around when I was a kid and it was icy. I slipped and cracked my head on the corner of a paving slab - very pleasant. :x

mooglebunni608
11-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Oh.... I remember, the day before I left for Anime Boston, I was running to the door to open it for my dad, and our fridge is right next to the door. I smaaaaashed the toes of my left foot into the fridge, and I'm positive they were all broken right there, because the pain was GINORMOUS.
Anybody who's been to/knows about Anime Boston knows there was a formal ball and two raves. All of which I went to with 4-inch heels. PAIN.
PAIN.
PAIN.
Stupid stupid pain.

Zeldy
11-12-2007, 05:49 PM
I went to jump, and it was one of those standing jumps, I jumped and somehow ended up flat on my face. My friends -and- the teacher found it hilarious, so did I!

LunarWeaver
11-12-2007, 06:37 PM
When I learned how to crawl I crawled up to a phone cord and yanked on it, dropping the phone on my forehead. I still have a scar there, and it used to show when I had my hair really short. People would ask me if I was shaving some kind of symbol into my head ~_~ Just because I'm a Nazi-Buddhist hybrid people expect me to have symbols everywhere.

Tallulah
11-12-2007, 07:09 PM
I smashed my right hand into my parents' cookie jar (just like the one Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses kept his cigars in! :p) when I was running about the living room with my cousin when I was about four.

McLovin'
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
I got stabbed in the arm by a sword pretty damn deep and it was awesome. :D

You could see like the muscle and stuff.

Deborah
11-12-2007, 07:27 PM
I stepped on a sewing needle once (hidden in the carpet) it went halfway into my foot and no one was home so I had to pull it out on my own, I think I was about 13 years old. Ouchies!
I also had a broken umbrella handle go into my leg, I still have a scar.
Also I'm always hitting my head! Since birth! I guess thats why I'm a retarded baby. :(

The Unknown Guru
11-12-2007, 07:46 PM
When I was playing capture the flag last summer (oh no, he goes outside!), I had about 3 people on my tail and one in front of me. I juke left and lose my balance, but I can't stumble because there's a fence about 10 feet off in that direction. I go down with just about all my weight on my left hand, nearly skidding into the fence. I get tagged and go to jail, then keep on playing with what seems to be a shattered wrist. When I went to the doctor about 2 days later, he says it's just a sprain, I'll be fine. 2 weeks later, I go back, he says it was broken all along, and I have to wear a splint/cast for a month. I blame medicine.

Also, I have tons and tons of horizontal scars on my back. They're red and easily visible. I have no clue how I got them.