PDA

View Full Version : I dream of 'Kishi

Del Snizz
11-12-2007, 04:02 AM
I'm going to recount for you a dream I had last night. It's really just a fragment, but it's much more complete than what I usually remember of my dreams, so you should consider yourselves uniquely privileged:

It's the US election next year, and apparently 'Kishi is running for Congress. He's also the Republican presidential candidate for some reason, but his national campaign doesn't seem to be very effective, despite the efforts of some civic-minded and scantily-clad young women I see soliciting votes on a street corner by an ill-maintained public park. They pick up quite a few ballots from citizens in passing Italian sports cars, but they're clearly disappointed--and somewhat frightened--that they haven't gotten enough for even a single electoral vote. Later, I see the first election returns on TV at some kind of nondescript waiting room, and the network--I believe it was NBC--projects the incumbent will retain his House seat in the 13th district of Georgia; the picture of the candidate on the screen is a man in his 50s who looks not unlike a younger Dan Rather, with the name under the photo being "Prince Kawaii Ryűkishi".

You may, of course, comment on my particular dream, especially if you regard it as a terrifying vision of things to come, but because I don't post or pay attention to the proceedings here very often, feel free to write on any or all of the following topics in this thread:

1) In what ways has this virtual community invaded, pillaged, and raped your subconscious mind? Be as graphic as possible.

2) Who do you like in the elections?

3) Why do you people play Mafia without the Giant Clam?

4) What does Armistice Day mean to <i>you</i>? How about Veterans Day (observed)?

5) [redacted]

NeoCracker
11-12-2007, 04:07 AM
1) Thank god I can block you peopel out of my mind.

2) Stephen Colbert for President!

3) Because they are heathens.

4) Armistice means nothing to me. Oddly so was veterans day. Damn you worthless holidays. If you didn't get me out of work I would lobby to get rid of you all!

5) [redacted]

Tavrobel
11-12-2007, 04:09 AM
Well, there was that one time I thought I was banned and all of my posts were deleted. Then it turned out, I fell asleep while chatting with Spatvark on AIM. That was nice.

Giuliani. Because he actually thinks that pandering Boston fans will get him votes from the Conservative Right.

Because Levian is an idiot?

It means a day off from school. WWI was pretty useless.

Denmark
11-12-2007, 04:12 AM
I'm thinking I may have had dreams with active members of this forum playing prominent roles. I can not give details, as my dream-remembering and retelling skills are highly inferior to the thread creator's. But given the prominent role this internet community has played in my life throughout my teenage years, I feel confident in saying I've had at least one dream involving you people.

I don't like politics, and probably won't decide for whom I am voting until approximately two days before the next election, give or take a day or so.

[no opinion on Mafia]

Armistice Day means Sunday, football, and homework. Veterans Day (observed), which I am assuming is Monday the 12th this year, means my last examination until finals and the start of Lehigh/Lafayette week, which may or may not imply alcohol consumption.

Yes, yes it was.

Jojee
11-12-2007, 04:50 AM
Hi Mikei :</>D

2) I like Dennis Kucinich! He rules all Dems :D

No he doesn't.

fire_of_avalon
11-12-2007, 05:26 AM
I dreamed of Kishi twice. He wasn't doing anything as cool as running for President. He was eating ribs with me.

eestlinc
11-12-2007, 05:28 AM
4. There may be narrower scope for operation of the presumption of constitutionality when legislation appears on its face to be within a specific prohibition of the Constitution, such as those of the first ten amendments, which are deemed equally specific when held to be embraced within the Fourteenth.

It is unnecessary to consider now whether legislation which restricts those political processes which can ordinarily be expected to bring about repeal of undesirable legislation, is to be subjected to more exacting judicial scrutiny under the general prohibitions of the Fourteenth Amendment than are most other types of legislation.

Nor need we enquire whether similar considerations enter into the review of statutes directed at particular religious, or national, or racial minorities: whether prejudice against discrete and insular minorities may be a special condition, which tends seriously to curtail the operation of those political processes ordinarily to be relied upon to protect minorities, and which may call for a correspondingly more searching judicial inquiry.

rubah
11-12-2007, 05:49 AM
I dream of tentacles nightly. . .

XxSephirothxX
11-12-2007, 06:16 AM
The 13th Georgia District isn't too far away from where I live. Maybe an hour and a half.

1) I think I had a dream about a member playing Halo with me a few weeks ago. It was pretty weird. I think that might've been my first EoFF dream, actually.

2)From the debates, Biden. I'll probably roll with whoever wins the primary (my politically-involved roommate says it'll be Edwards, but we'll just see) because I think quite a few of them are capable. Also, I like Ron Paul--not because I think he'd be a good president, god no--but because he's a pretty radical departure from the typical evangelical conservative and is really making things confusing for the republicans.

3)Sounds like they're missing out.

4)Guns are bad?

5)I want more numbers.

eestlinc
11-12-2007, 08:33 AM
The GA 13th district includes parts of Cobb, Douglas, Fulton, Clayton, Henry, and Dekalb counties. It's mostly south and west of Atlanta. In years past I have lived in the 4th, 5th, and 6th districts, but not the 13th. I would probably vote for Kishi if I lived in the GA 13th.

Del Snizz
11-12-2007, 09:10 AM
I dreamed of Kishi twice. He wasn't doing anything as cool as running for President. He was eating ribs with me.
He ate ribs in two separate dreams? Does everyone eat ribs in your dreams?

4. There may be narrower scope...
That trick only works once.

2)Also, I like Ron Paul--not because I think he'd be a good president, god no--but because he's a pretty radical departure from the typical evangelical conservative and is really making things confusing for the republicans.
You know a Paul administration would be hilarious. Every State of the Union would be about returning to the gold standard. Think of the drinking games.

3)Sounds like they're missing out.
You're a master of understatement.

The GA 13th district includes parts of Cobb, Douglas, Fulton, Clayton, Henry, and Dekalb counties. It's mostly south and west of Atlanta. In years past I have lived in the 4th, 5th, and 6th districts, but not the 13th. I would probably vote for Kishi if I lived in the GA 13th.
I would encourage everyone to contact the current representative of the Georgia 13th, <a href="http://davidscott.house.gov/Contact/">the Hon. David Scott</a>, who incidentally looks very little like Dan Rather. Ask about his policies on tentacle penetration and other issues of concern. And remember, you can vote for 'Kishi even if you're not from GA-13. I would be very surprised if he even lived there.

Heath
11-12-2007, 10:29 AM
1) It hasn't, at least not yet. Though I live in constant fear of the day when it does.

2) Dennis Kucinich seems alright but otherwise I can't say anybody really inspires me. At least not in the same sense that a Kishi-run administration might.

3) Because people are lame.

4) It's an important day of remembrance for all the people that lost their lives in the first and second World Wars. I'm on about yesterday which was Remembrance Sunday though.

5) Quite.

CloudDragon
11-12-2007, 11:18 AM
1) I used to have dreams about EoFF people but haven't in years. I remember I had quite a few of them, too.

2) Barack Obama and John Edwards

3) No idea what this means.

4) Nothing

5) http://www.appligent.com/products/redax/RedactedPage.png

Levian
11-12-2007, 03:50 PM
3. Because the clam cult is lame

theundeadhero
11-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I awoke in the bottom half of a bunkbed that was against the wall of a cluttered college dormatory room. Instantly I was overcome with fear. I knew this was Kawaii Ryuukishi's bed. Thoughts raced through my mind as to why I woke up in his bed, whether or not he knew I was there, and what he might think about it. Then the person from the top bunk swung down and offered a friendly hello. Apparently he was Kishi's roommate and also a member of EOFF. This boy told me not to worry, Kishi was a nice fellow and wouldn't be upset about me being there at all. We then proceeded to browse EOFF and play video games while we waiting for him to come home. Suddenly, the door swung open! Kishi was home.

fire_of_avalon
11-13-2007, 12:10 AM
He ate ribs in two separate dreams? Does everyone eat ribs in your dreams?

Nope. Just Kishi. In one we were in a restaurant. In the other he was carrying them.