PDA

View Full Version : You Served Us Well

rubah
11-12-2007, 06:49 AM
done meat.

The taco bell on 6th street died Saturday afternoon. The flames came crashing down around it when the firefighters' water brought down the roof.

Now everyone has to drive to College Ave. to get their cheap but so greasy mexicaño foods.

Share your grievances.

(I grieve only because those I love are hurting; Bell and I haven't been on speaking terms for years, but I feel a sorrow tugging at my heartstrings, we had just started to become acquainted,but the coldness of my steely heart had impeded that until now her life was nipped in the young nubile bud.)

A moomba well expresses the change of stage of life that has come to us all.

NeoCracker
11-12-2007, 06:52 AM
When my friend Chris isn't working, I don't get as much meat on my French dip and Swiss at the Wranglers Beef. It saddens me when I can't engulf that extra meat.

Lynx
11-12-2007, 06:53 AM
do taco bells brun down a lot? cause my taco bell burned pretty badly a few years ago but it was saved and fixed up.

my grievance is that they were putting up a white castle but cancled it :(

oh and also that i was supposed to go snowboarding later today but the mountain is closed until friday :(

Denmark
11-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Grievances for the torched Taco Bell, or just grievances in general?

I don't have enough money to eat any Taco Bell, nor do I know where the closest one is. I don't have any cash, and I don't have very much on my college debit account. That will change after Thanksgiving weekend, but I can still complain right now.

eestlinc
11-12-2007, 08:29 AM
the old University Taco Bell in Cincinnati got torn down a couple years after I graduated so they could build condos. Man, that place got me through some rough financial times in college. it was also a raging cesspool, and I slipped on ice in the parking lot once and cut up my leg.

theundeadhero
11-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Last timeI visited home I was shocked to see the Sorelli's was burned down. It was the local Italian diner that had awesome pizza and hot wings. I always really look forward to going there when I'm home. It should be rebuilt by the next timeI visit!

Miriel
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Del Murder was telling me about a movie where in the future, the only food places to eat at are Taco Bells. Sounds like the scariest movie, EVER. Serious ew.

Yesterday we were hunting around for a Mexican place in Tulare California called Papa Joe's Place. And we were going around and around in this strange neighborhood (no sense in traveling if you're not gonna eat the local food!) and finally we realized that Joe's Place was the dark, windowless run down building we had passed without noticing. I was very sad. I heard on Chowhound that Joe's Place was pretty good.

We ended up eating at Quizno's instead and even though it was good, you can get Quizno's anywhere! It wasn't Tulare-specific and that's disappointing. I always like to eat at unique places when we go adventuring.

eestlinc
11-12-2007, 09:42 AM
lol, demolition man.

Quizno's is too expensive. Of course, all food in Seattle is too expensive.

Rengori
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Dear god, who will make you quesadillas now?

Loony BoB
11-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Demolition Man is awesome. I still don't get why people buy Taco Bell, though, it's so poor in comparison to the real thing.

rubah
11-12-2007, 03:56 PM
it's like 1/4 the price.

I will get quesadillas from my dorm cafeteria like I paid for >:[ they seriously have a burrito bar like every single weekday :( gak.

Miriel, you should've gone in there anyways and hunted ghosts.

I like to get quizno's and use my flex dollars that I have like $25 left until the end of the semester. The semester ends in like a month! It's taken me since August to use the first $25! and stu has like $75 left!

Jess
11-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I've never heard of a taco bell here in England.

The nicest mexican restaurant I've been to is Chimichangas. That place is so YUM. :jess:

Resha
11-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, I like this new place called Ole Burritos near my place :] they don't just have nice foods, but also -- bubble tea. It's run by a lonely American man, though, who looks like a beagle. I wish he wasn't so alone in that little shop.

Captain Maxx Power
11-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I've never heard of a taco bell here in England.

Ditto. I've never seen a single one, not even in London. I guess there's no market for it over here.

ReloadPsi
11-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Instead we get the joy of buying French bread everywhere we go. Exciting.

Don't get me wrong, croissants and their variants are awesome.

Quindiana Jones
11-12-2007, 06:25 PM
lol. rubah likes Bell.

rubah
11-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Not so much no, go back and reread~

There will be a memorial service tonight: http://arkansas.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8444936022

I Took the Red Pill
11-12-2007, 11:37 PM
An authentic Mexican joint called El Canelo was recently built about 10 minutes from me, so I go there quite a bit. But if I'm short on cash I'll suck it up and get steak chalupas from Taco Bell.

Iceglow
11-13-2007, 12:55 AM
My grievances are with Subway, they stopped doing my 2 favourite subs, seafood sensation and Thai sweet chili sub. :( I love those two fillings so much I once had the thai sub with tripple chicken, double cheese, plenty of salad and made it in to a meal plus it was a foot long sub OMG the flavours xD

Psychotic
11-13-2007, 12:57 AM
I want to say "There is no Taco Bell in England!" but whenever I say "There is no (American food substance) in England!" I am usually proved wrong.

Hmm...on that note, a grievance of mine is that there is no Wendy's in England. Any takers? :excited:

oddler
11-13-2007, 01:00 AM
There's one in an airport (http://www.heathrowairport.com/assets/B2CPortal/Static%20Files/Heathrow_Terminal3_Map-08-2007.pdf) in the UK. :p

Madame Adequate
11-13-2007, 01:01 AM
I want to say "There is no Taco Bell in England!" but whenever I say "There is no (American food substance) in England!" I am usually proved wrong.

Hmm...on that note, a grievance of mine is that there is no Wendy's in England. Any takers? :excited:

Try it with Leicester. See if we start getting good stuff here, prz.

Jessweeee♪
11-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Demolition Man is awesome. I still don't get why people buy Taco Bell, though, it's so poor in comparison to the real thing.

I've always preferred Taco Bell to the real to authentic Mexican food :p

My favorite restaurant EVAR closed a couple of years ago ; ;

They had the best shrimp salads and the best chocolate sauce :crying2:

leader of mortals
11-13-2007, 01:05 AM

I've always preferred Taco Bell to the real to authentic Mexican food :p

My favorite restaurant EVAR closed a couple of years ago ; ;

They had the best shrimp salads and the best chocolate sauce :crying2:

long john hersheys???

Psychotic
11-13-2007, 01:21 AM
There's one in an airport in the UK. :pI didn't see it when I was there. I did see a ferrari, though! (http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/PC130001.jpg)
Try it with Leicester. See if we start getting good stuff here, prz.Have you noticed the amount of fried chicken places all over the city centre? What the hell is up with that?

Jessweeee♪
11-13-2007, 01:24 AM
O.O

Deja Vu!

Iceglow
11-13-2007, 01:49 AM

Uh theres a fair few Wendy's in London...You sir FAIL at life. Why? Because you let me judge you is why!

leader of mortals
11-13-2007, 01:55 AM

Uh theres a fair few Wendy's in London...You sir FAIL at life. Why? Because you let me judge you is why!

owned

Madame Adequate
11-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Have you noticed the amount of fried chicken places all over the city centre? What the hell is up with that?

I have noticed and I have no clue what the deal is with that. Haven't tried a single one of them because chicken= ew, but SOMEONE loves that stuff.

Psychotic
11-13-2007, 02:03 AM
If Wendy's being in the UK is considered failure, I don't want to succeed.

EDIT: you cruel heartless lying jerks. Wikipedia says that the UK has none! :irked:

Rye
11-13-2007, 02:05 AM
Have you noticed the amount of fried chicken places all over the city centre? What the hell is up with that?

I have noticed and I have no clue what the deal is with that. Haven't tried a single one of them because chicken= ew, but SOMEONE loves that stuff.

I think I would like to visit you because friend chicken is pretty damn tasty. You, Paul and I can take over KFC or whatever you guys have.

Iceglow
11-13-2007, 02:08 AM

EDIT: you cruel heartless lying jerks. Wikipedia says that the UK has none! :irked:

Wikipedia was wrong last time I went bowling then. Theres a Jenny's in North Finchley high street, a Wendys in High Barnet High street and another in Finchley bowling/vue complex comeon psy I'm not even getting more than 20 minutes walk from home yet.

Fonzie
11-13-2007, 02:09 AM

Wikipedia =/= Automatic Truth

Psychotic
11-13-2007, 02:11 AM
I think I would like to visit you because friend chicken is pretty damn tasty. You, Paul and I can take over KFC or whatever you guys have. Dixy Chicken iirc.
Wikipedia was wrong last time I went bowling then. Theres a Jenny's in North Finchley high street, a Wendys in High Barnet High street and another in Finchley bowling/vue complex comeon psy I'm not even getting more than 20 minutes walk from home yet.You! London man! You will take me to your London places to dine on your exotic London American foods!

Iceglow
11-13-2007, 02:17 AM
I think I would like to visit you because friend chicken is pretty damn tasty. You, Paul and I can take over KFC or whatever you guys have. Dixy Chicken iirc.
Wikipedia was wrong last time I went bowling then. Theres a Jenny's in North Finchley high street, a Wendys in High Barnet High street and another in Finchley bowling/vue complex comeon psy I'm not even getting more than 20 minutes walk from home yet.You! London man! You will take me to your London places to dine on your exotic London American foods!

Last I knew the wendy's in barnet was still giving food poisoning to students every week and may now have been closed down and finchley bowling alley isn't a wendys anymore so it might be true on wikipedia thinking about it but you dislike london I will however try to track photos down

eestlinc
11-13-2007, 03:51 AM
Wendy's is pretty good. I've eaten at the Wendy's in Spuuky's hometown a few times.

escobert
11-13-2007, 05:05 AM
Wendy's and taco bell are the best imo.

rubah
11-13-2007, 06:47 AM
I haven't been satisfied by my wendy's meals the last several times I have partaken of such.

escobert
11-13-2007, 06:54 AM
I usually just get 2 or 3 jr bacon cheese burgers so I'm never not pleased :p

Avarice-ness
11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
The closest fast food I can get too is a Hardee's. I see people that work at McDonalds get off at this bus stop everyday but I don't know where the McDonald's is.

Maybe your Taco Bell will revive where I'm at. I need good greasy food. :(

Shoeberto
11-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I'll admit that Taco Bell is nothing compared to the real thing, but I still like it. Especially the price point. I ate three yummy tacos with a hugemongous Mountain Dew the other day for like $3.50. That's a steal!