PDA

View Full Version : Night Owls

CloudDragon
11-12-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm slightly curious to know who the night owls of EoFF are and why.

I've been a night owl pretty much since I've been able to stay up late as kid. I've never been much of a morning person, but other than that I can't really contribute any particular events or reasons as to why I am one.

If you're not a night owl, why not join the club? It's the <i>cool</i> thing to do. If you're one of <i>us</i>, I mean.

EDIT: It's 7AM and I still haven't gone to sleep.

leader of mortals
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
thats insomnia

Loony BoB
11-12-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm not a night owl, but I am a 'day owl' in that I post during the day in the UK (while at work). This is the quietest period for EoFF, since it's the night time for AmeriCanadians and very few people are still sitting at home in the UK.

Mittopotahis
11-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Sleep is for the weak. But with saying that, there's nothing better than a huge sleep-in. I'm not a night-owl as such, because I get tired pretty quickly and have to hit the sack. But I do occasionally chuck an all-nighter and I can actually survive them.

Rye
11-12-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm definitely a morning owl.

Vermachtnis
11-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Sleeping at night is for squares. I'd never get homework done if I slept when the dorms are actually quiet. I'm a nightowl by circumstance, but in High School I was a nightowl by choice. It got to the point were I'd come home and go to bed. Get up about ten and head out and hang with my friends who were in the same sleeping habit. Then we'd head into the basement, cause only freaks are out this time of night.

Misfit
11-12-2007, 02:51 PM
I -have- to get up at 4:30am every week day for work. ;__;

ALSO, I demand CD to be in effoff chat tomorrow afternoon. n_n

theundeadhero
11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I am by nature. I never want to sleep at night. Oftentimes I won't go to bed until three or four in the morning when I know I have to be up before six anyway. It's just when my body likes to be awake.

NeoCracker
11-12-2007, 05:12 PM
thats insomnia

YAY! I get a chance to say someone is wrong, and actually be right about it!

Having more energy and a hard time sleeping at night isn't insomnia.
I should now, I'm a certified insomniac.

Insomnia is when you just can't sleep, regardless of the time of day.

I, however, am both a Night owl, and an insomniac.

Jess
11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
I post here mainly in the afternoons and evenings. I live in the UK so sometimes when I come on there is hardly anybody here at EoFF! :jess:

escobert
11-12-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm some what of a Night owl, however I did go to bed early last night.

Denmark
11-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I suppose I hate mornings more because I stay up late and thus don't get enough sleep to be really active in the morning than for any particular reason to actually hate mornings. I don't know what it is about the night, it just appeals to me.

But after about 1AM EST no one is active on here anymore, and I can't think of new threads ever so I get bored. :(

Misfit
11-12-2007, 05:41 PM
I suppose I hate mornings more because I stay up late and thus don't get enough sleep to be really active in the morning than for any particular reason to actually hate mornings. I don't know what it is about the night, it just appeals to me.

But after about 1AM EST no one is active on here anymore, and I can't think of new threads ever so I get bored. :(

MOM IS REALLY HARD TO WAKE UP!

Cookie
11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I woke up yesterday at about 5pm and went to sleep at about 6am this morning. So I'd say I was a night owl. :p

Resha
11-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm a total night owl :p I find it impossible to sleep before 2 am, even on school nights (like now; 1:59 am, and I have to wake up in four hours! BWAHAHA), and during the holidays I'm worse. There was one period of my life where I'd go to bed as the sun rose every morning, and some nights I didn't sleep at all.

Sleep is a total waste of time; I just wish a lack of it didn't screw me up so much :p

Zeldy
11-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I thought I was a night owl, but Im obviously not now; I get tired in a morning if I go to bed any later than midnight on a school night. On a weekend I can stay up till about 3/4am before I just HAVE to go to bed :p

Roto13
11-12-2007, 06:26 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/624px-NiteOwl.png

:D?

Ouch!
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Given that the only reason I go to sleep some nights is because I have to go to an eight AM class the next morning, I'd say I'm a night owl.

I used to have trouble with hypomania, which frequently rendered me unable to sleep for long periods of time; I suppose staying up late became a bit of a habit. I'm sure playing FFXI from eight PM until about four AM during the summers didn't help an awful lot to do away with that particular habit.

Denmark
11-12-2007, 06:43 PM

MOM IS REALLY HARD TO WAKE UP!

my ears were clogged so I couldn't hear well! :(

Araciel
11-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Yes, I'm a night owl. I always have been.

Avarice-ness
11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Well, Are we talking about America night?

If so then I am.

Normally, unless I'm at school posting inbetween classes, I post bunches then I make random threads before I go to sleep so when I wake up I have something to read when I wake up. When I first joined EoFF I would roam it from about 8pm to 3am, clearly I had nothing better to do. :razz:

CloudDragon
11-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I -have- to get up at 4:30am every week day for work. ;__;

ALSO, I demand CD to be in effoff chat tomorrow afternoon. n_n

I'm not sure how well I take to demands, but you might get lucky.

I'm pretty sure when I first joined EoFF it was around 7AM on a night where I just hadn't gone to sleep.

Anyone wanna take over the world and restructure our timing systems for all purposes to take place during the night?!

Madame Adequate
11-12-2007, 09:27 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/624px-NiteOwl.png

:D?

Thread.

Is.

Won.

Close now and give Roto the prize.

NeoCracker
11-12-2007, 09:30 PM
*Mails Roto and Dilco some things that cannot be mentioned on this site*

Theres his prize.

Heath
11-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I used to be a real morning person where I'd get up every morning really early to do whatever until about the age of 12 actually. Now I'm rather more lazy and get up at 10 at the latest.

I post here during the night sometimes, but usually it's during the UK afternoon-evening. Sometimes if I've got an hour spare of a morning before I have to go somewhere, I'll post a couple of times but I never really plan on it, it's just to waste time before I have things to do usually. I certainly browsed the forums this morning, but I can't remember if I posted much.

scrumpleberry
11-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Mee.

The night is SUPERIOR.

leader of mortals
11-12-2007, 09:52 PM
thats insomnia

YAY! I get a chance to say someone is wrong, and actually be right about it!

Having more energy and a hard time sleeping at night isn't insomnia.
I should now, I'm a certified insomniac.

Insomnia is when you just can't sleep, regardless of the time of day.

I, however, am both a Night owl, and an insomniac.

grrrr darn yooooouuuuu

Faris
11-12-2007, 09:54 PM
I would be a night owl if school didn't take up my sleep time.

oddler
11-12-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't even get home until midnight, usually. Yeah, I'm a night owl.

BardTard
11-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Sometimes I don't get up until really late afternoon. During the summer I usually stayed up until 6 AM but I can't do that anymore... cus I have a job. I love staying up all night.

Psychotic
11-12-2007, 11:36 PM
I usually stay up 'til 4 or 5. I just can't sleep in the evening.

Heath
11-12-2007, 11:46 PM
I usually stay up 'til 4 or 5. I just can't sleep in the evening.

When I was having trouble sleeping at all a few months back I noticed you just to be up at absurd times a lot like I was, say between 2 and 4, and began to suspect you were a robot or something.

cloud21zidane16
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
I normally go a bed late on week nights now, plus theres more people active because americans aint in bed:) Night Owl for me

Miriel
11-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Owls suck.

I'm a night puppy.

Mo-Nercy
11-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Through the magic of energy drinks and caffeine, I've long since realised that I could easily stay up till 2 or 3 in the morning, and drag myself out of bed with only 4 to 5 hours sleep and be A-OKAY. xD

I always work until 10 or 11 at night and even if I'm not working, it's not uncommon for me to stay out even later. Thing is, I still like my time on the interwebz and/or PS2 so I'll make time for that, sacrificing sleep in the process.

Tasura
11-13-2007, 03:30 AM
I never go to bed before 3am, unless I'm dead on my feet from a hard day at work, or I pulled an all nighter the night before, that's when my world collapses and I end up sleeping when the sun is up and missing classes for over a month.

Jojee
11-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Yep I love to stay up late at night but I hate myself in the mornings :p

CloudDragon
11-13-2007, 09:10 AM
That's the thing, I never have trouble waking up even when I stay up extra late. I do schedule my classes around my sleeping schedule though.

I might drink a lot of caffeine too...

SammieBabe
11-13-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't go to work until 10pm, so I guess that makes me a night owl. I'm finding as I adjust to this schedule though, that it is easier for me to stay up all night than to get up early in the morning...

Ashi
11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't post here that late at night but usually when I am here it is quiet so it's probably night for most others?

Baloki
11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm a fox?

On a serious note I used to be a night owl, hell I even matched Psy in his 'waking periods' back in the day but lately with such crappy shift patterns I've got I just don't get to stay up as long as I want to, I miss the night time :(

BarelySeeAtAll
11-13-2007, 04:45 PM
xD
me and GeneralSapphire stayed on here til one or two in the morning answering riddles Martyr gave us..
MARTYR!!!
*snivels*

Peegee
11-13-2007, 05:55 PM
I sleep early (11pm) because I have to. If you paid attention to my online habits, suddenly on Friday - Saturday night I will stay up until 4-5am, at which point I'll whine about being tired before sleeping.

xD