PDA

View Full Version : Uh...Say that again :S

thr33chears4Rikku!
11-13-2007, 03:55 AM
I was trying to find a way to gain fast AP in FFX and i opened a FAQ. All of a sudden I start reading about Overdrive AP abilities, Capturing monsters(wth), Weapons with triple AP and other abilities, Ultimate weapons for the characters I'm like What teh hell!

Obviously I underestimated the gameplay of X because Here I thought it was just a Beat the boss get the scene rpg'em up. Obviously not :S

Please explain to me what this all means!
overdrive=AP ability
Auto-Phoenix
triple overdrive weapons

jeo2388
11-13-2007, 04:47 AM
FFX is a massive game.. there is more to it than just the 30hr story line... there are tons of side-quests, ultimate bosses witch are insanely hard to beat, uber-cool weapons that kicks as* hard, and super cool overdrives.. those abilities are just the begining.. just keep playing, dont wanna ruin the surprise

ValiantKnight
11-13-2007, 07:08 AM
The bridge area just after obtaining Bahamut or shortly there after where you fight your blue haired friend is a nice place. Before fighting him, spend some time here as you won't see this kind of experience for a while.

Also there is very good experience in The Omega Ruins/Dungeon, forgive me if i miss the name of it, its been a while since I've played X.

Lastly, you have the AP trick you found, which involves using a Triple Overdrive, Overdrive > AP weapon, and stoic or comrade overdrive modes.

There are certain monsters in the monster arena that can do VERY high amounts of damage. Coupled with a triple overdrive(charge overdrive three times as fast), and overdrive > AP(all charging of overdrive instead is counted towards AP) makes the AP really go up when you get hit for 99,999. Then you flee and still get the AP.

blackmage_nuke
11-13-2007, 09:37 AM
And auto phoenix is an ability on your weapon or armour(i forgot which one) that means characters use phoenix downs automatically when their friends die, i dont think it works if the person equiping autophoenix dies, unless you have someone else with auto phoenix

Firenjar
11-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Overdrive->AP is instead of charging your overdrive you get more AP I have it on most of my characters so I can use the Don Tonberry "cheat

Big D
11-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Firenjar's got it.

Overdrive=AP is an ability found on some weapons that makes a character's overdrive gauge give them AP instead. It'd the best way to ream masses of AP. You might've noticed that you can alter the way a character's overdrive gauge fills. There's one option that makes the gauge fill when allies take damage. Give everyone that option, and an Overdrive=AP weapon, and get ready for some fun...

At the Monster Arena, there's an especially nasty breed of Cactuar that can be fought as a special battle. It can do up to 99,999 damage with a singe attack. When a character takes 99,999 damage and their allies' overdrive gauges are set to fill in response, it'll max their gauge immediately. When they've got Overdrive=AP, they'll gain countless AP in no time. You just have to keep reviving fallen characters, and let the battle go on for five or ten minutes.

If you don't have the Monster Arena unlocked yet, this same strategy works with regular battles too, though it's a little slower.

Captain Maxx Power
11-17-2007, 12:45 AM
A cheap-way of doing it is choosing one character to be a "sacrificial lamb" of sorts, usually whoever has the lowest HP/defense (for my purposes this is Rikku, who I intentionally don't level for this purpose, though you needn't go to such lengths). Then get into a fight with the monster Kottos at the Monster Arena. Having Auto-Phoenix helps here too, though with a really low HP/Def player you can do it manually. Get the levelling characters to defend/revive the lamb while the lamb hits Kottos and gets pwned by his counter-attack. It can be a bit hard to gauge how much AP you're getting (Triple AP/Triple Overdrive seriously speed up the progress), but after a while you'll get the gist of how many attacks you need to incur to get 99 Slvls in one battle.

cally777
11-17-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, I spent ages fighting Earth Eater so I could get Triple overdrive weapons for everybody to use this trick. I kept getting them for the same people though. Lulu and Rikku were the hardest but I got them in the end. It feels a bit like cheating though.

:choc::choc::choc: