PDA

View Full Version : The Mog Paradox

Siegfried
11-13-2007, 04:59 AM
How does a whole clan of underground moogles who live in such isolation and well protected die of a random lazer beam while the last survivor, aka Mog, does NOT die of a 10k foot drop?

Explain.

P.S.: No I will not accept dancing your way out of the drop as an answer

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Their abode really wasn't that far removed from the monster-infected parts of the caves. After the Catastrophe occurred and more ferocious beasts emerged, they may have relocated to a safer location--or been killed before they had the chance.

As for Mog, he has wings.

blackmage_nuke
11-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Well that answers everything...

Siegfried
11-13-2007, 05:16 AM
I agree but still, they seem like competent moogles, being able to wield weapons and fend for their own...
Yet your ideas are not illogical

Your point on Mog, however, is too simplistic to be understood. Mog never flies during any part of the game. If so, saving him from lone wolf would be no problem, for he would float down safely to where his buddy Umaro resides.

blackmage_nuke
11-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Well its not that he wont survive, you get him in the WoR even if you get the gold hair pin (i think) its just that you were such an ass to choose a hairpin over him, he doesnt see any reason to help you

And he cast float :p

Siegfried
11-13-2007, 05:26 AM
He...cast...float...
My Mog had not learned float yet so...yeah:rolleyes2

MJN SEIFER
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I'd go with the wings thing but. Ending He is unable to fly over the hole in the ending so I guess he hasn't learned to fly yet or something. I'm gonna go back on what whoever it was said, and just say he landed in water, deep enough to cause no harm, but shallow enough for him to survive. Man, this is making me nostalgic!!

And, it's never stated the Moogles died, although it's kind of annoying it wasn't explained. (Or maybe it was and I missed it, this is Final Fantasy after all!)

Araciel
11-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Because he's a playable character....DUH

NeoCracker
11-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Mog is God.

Siegfried
11-14-2007, 02:55 AM
Mog is God.

Agreed:D

Levian
11-14-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm a bit more curious as to how Cid survived his suicide bombing in FFIV :D

Maybe he grabbed on to a ledge, or a bypassing bird or maybe he's like a cat and can fall down from insane heights! Not like Final Fantasy games are very realistic. :D

NeoCracker
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Because Contrary to popular belief, high powered explosions and falls from great heights are perfectly safe.

In fact, I'd recommend all children experience this truth at least once, to better understand the world.

Vermachtnis
11-14-2007, 09:04 PM
It's simple, Mog is white. Snow is white. Snow is soft and Mog is soft. So there for Mog is Snow. So when he fell it was like snow falling into more snow.

Lynx
11-14-2007, 09:23 PM
mog can survive any fall cause hes mog. besides who goes for the hairpin over mog?

anyways mog killed the other moogles. times got hard in the moogle den and so the alpha moogle (mog) was hungry. mog ate his family. i mean come on thats what had to have happened when you get mog back in the game you can see his thirst for blood in his 16 bit eyes.

Crossblades
11-15-2007, 04:47 PM
My guess is that the Moogles wanted to see what the heck was going on and went outside. Mog probably warned them not to go out, because it could be dangerous, but the other Moogles who are curious, ignored his orders and went outside anyway, and got destroyed by the catastrophe. Mog, being the leader and all, stayed behind. Hence the phrase "Curiosity killed the cat", or in this case, "Curiosity killed the Moogle."

Bolivar
11-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Mog is the legendary moogle.

Heath
11-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Mog never flies during any part of the game.

He flies on the airships :p

To be serious though, I just saw it as being one of the more cartoon-y aspects of the game that FF games just have every now and again. After all, it's not terribly realistic that with just a helmet the party could travel along the Serpents Trench, it's just slight bends in the laws of life to make a plot move along.

blackmage_nuke
11-17-2007, 05:01 AM
Mog never flies during any part of the game.

He flies on the airships :p

Ive always wondered how the hell he can reach the controls

i_like_ff8
11-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Mog is God.

Agreed:D

Bluecho
12-01-2007, 04:24 AM
It's simple...

...he was wearing a parachute, of course! I mean, he was hiding it, obviously.

And really, wings are nice, but when you're falling from a great height, heights that must be common in the caves where moogles live, nothing beats a parachute.

...Either that, or a wizard did it.