PDA

View Full Version : The karmic seeds of procrastination!

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-13-2007, 08:40 AM
So basically, I have a 2000 word essay on Mahayana Buddhism (dealing with the The True Lion's Roar of Queen Srimala Sutra for those of you who care), due in about 5 hours. It is 2000 words. I have about 700 left and of that a point or two to finish in a paragraph while a whole new paragraph and a conclusion to write. I hate doing this, but I always wait to the last minute and sleep deprive myself in order to write it. This results in poor English and incoherency on my part. I fail at life. I am not a horrible writer, it is just that I wait to last minute and 3:38am is not the most optimal conditions in which to write an essay.

So what about you guys? Do you put yourself through the self-inflicted torture of last minute essay writings? Do you usually fare well?

*goes back to writing said essay*

Araciel
11-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Not just the best writing I did, but all the writing I did for school was done in such a way. For the most part I did fairly well, My trick was, especially with something shorter like this, to get at least a couple of hours of sleep and spell/grammar check it in the morning....it worked pretty well.

MKusanagi
11-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Hell yeah, I am terrible. Why I'll spend hours on EoFF chatting with Dyslexicon and trying to ignore the screams in my head to "get to FUCKING work!" I'm horrible.

Araciel
11-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Sweet I'm going to make someone fail school.

I'm not the devil,honest.

Kirobaito
11-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Today I finished a paper on conjunto music at 11:00 PM. It was the earliest I've finished a paper in a year and a half of college.

I am a horrible, horrible, horrible procrastinator. Even when I'm given months on something, I can't make myself do it until the night before. So far, this has not been a problem.

I'm tooting my own horn here, but I am a damn fine writer, and I know it. In high school your teachers always told you that you wouldn't be able to get away with BSing in college... well, that's not true at all. I still do it, and have NEVER gotten less than a 90 on any paper I've written so far in college... that spans English 1304 (Thinking, Writing, and Research), Great Texts 2301 (Ancient Intellectual Tradition), Great Texts 2302 (Medieval Intellectual Tradition), and Music 4326 (American Folk Traditions). That's a total of about 15 papers.

MKusanagi
11-16-2007, 02:58 AM
Sweet I'm going to make someone fail school.

I'm not the devil,honest.
Ha, you wish!

I've found that not caring makes your problems more easy to confront.

Araciel
11-16-2007, 04:16 AM
Or ignore...

PingPong700
11-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Today I finished a paper on conjunto music at 11:00 PM. It was the earliest I've finished a paper in a year and a half of college.

I am a horrible, horrible, horrible procrastinator. Even when I'm given months on something, I can't make myself do it until the night before. So far, this has not been a problem.

I'm tooting my own horn here, but I am a damn fine writer, and I know it. In high school your teachers always told you that you wouldn't be able to get away with BSing in college... well, that's not true at all. I still do it, and have NEVER gotten less than a 90 on any paper I've written so far in college... that spans English 1304 (Thinking, Writing, and Research), Great Texts 2301 (Ancient Intellectual Tradition), Great Texts 2302 (Medieval Intellectual Tradition), and Music 4326 (American Folk Traditions). That's a total of about 15 papers.

I'm in my first year of University, and I finished my first procrasta-paper last week at 4:00 AM the day it was due. Unfortunately my writing skills are quite inferior to yours as I only recieved a 65% on it. :(

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Every paper I've finished was done last minute and never meets all of the requirements >.<

I'm going to die in college.

MKusanagi
11-27-2007, 04:42 AM
Yes you will Jess.
Lexi, I don't ignore. I just...let be.

Jimsour
11-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm in the same position right now. For tomorrow I've to write an essay on a certain film, meaning I've to sit through 2 hours of a film that I hate and then write about it. 2000 words for tomorrow.