PDA

View Full Version : Your musics like potato chips, I can'ts stop listenings to them

Avarice-ness
11-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah I had to title it with a Metalocalypse quote.

So! Which bands or songs are currently like musical potato chips to you that you can't stop listening to!?

I think right now I'm on a very very very bad Kamelot binge in which every time I say "I WANT TO LISTEN TO SOMETHING ELSE" it ends up back on Kamelot.

Flying Mullet
11-13-2007, 03:02 PM
I've been listening to a lot of A Tribe Called Quest lately.

Bunny
11-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Why would you want to stop listening to Kamelot? You shouldn't. That is the answer to my question. I have made it easy for you.

If for some reason you are insane or dumb (chose your own adventure!) you could always switch it up with Ayreon, Pain of Salvation, Symphony X, or Agalloch. Thems are all good bands that I listen to when I am not feeling the Kamelot mood.

As for me, I have been listening to "Big Bad World One" by Jonathan Coulton like crazy lately. Also "Defying Gravity" from the Wicked Soundtrack.

I am such a lady.

Baloki
11-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Modest Mouse

El Bandito
11-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Justice.

1-2-3-4-FIGHT.

blim
11-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Don Juan's Reckless Daughter never leaves my turntable for long, and currently Bring on the nubiles by the Stranglers (mainly cos my band have decided to cover it

Rengori
11-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Right now my musical potato chips are Kalmah, Emperor, and older Cradle of Filth.

fire_of_avalon
11-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Coheed and Cambria. Like whoa.

Momiji
11-14-2007, 01:57 AM
Anything with keyboards/synthesizers. ^^

Resha
11-14-2007, 08:06 AM
My musical potato chips of the moment: Voxtrot, The Cribs, The Enemy, Maximo Park and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!

Ahaha they're all so good <3 I have them on permaloop

CloudDragon
11-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Never get tired of these songs:

Imogen Heap - Hide & Seek
Sufjan Stevens - The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us!
Junior Boys - FM
M83 - Car Chase Terror!
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
The Mars Volta - Cassandra Gemini
Feist - 1234
Hot Chip - The Warning
M.I.A. - Paper Planes
Animal Collective - Fireworks

Shine On...
11-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Never get tired of these songs:

Imogen Heap - Hide & Seek
Sufjan Stevens - The Predatory Wasp Of The Palisades Is Out To Get Us!
Junior Boys - FM
M83 - Car Chase Terror!
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
The Mars Volta - Cassandra Gemini
Feist - 1234
Hot Chip - The Warning
M.I.A. - Paper Planes
Animal Collective - Fireworks
See, you have a great list. You listen to good music. Honestly, bravo. (That AC song is unreal, like a musical orgasm, by the way.)

For me it was that list basically like a month ago, but lately I've been listening to much more hardcore/screamo/emo (though there is the odd non aggressive band). None of that bad Scenecore crap though. Good stuff :p like the following. (Bands, not songs)

Funeral Diner
Raein
La Quiete
Black Dice
Comadre
Envy
Ghengis Tron
Gospel
The Mountain Goats
Basia Bulat
Orchid
Saetia
Russian Circles
Tera Melos
XO Skeletons
Yndi Halda

Thats for me at the moment. ;)

Ouch!
11-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Modest Mouse
Ditto. I've listened to Float On and Dashboard far too much than is strictly necessary over the pass week.

Araciel
11-15-2007, 02:40 AM
As always, Tool.

Resha
11-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Modest Mouse
Ditto. I've listened to Float On and Dashboard far too much than is strictly necessary over the pass week.

And I can't seem to stop playing "Bukowski" :p

Jon Thompson
11-15-2007, 08:09 AM
As usual, a thread full of artists I've never heard of, save a few.

I haven't listened to much music lately but I was on a binge of a few songs; 'When the Man Comes Around' - Johnny Cash, 'Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (Sopranos fault), 'Limousine, Welcome to Bangkok and Luca' - Brand New, Anything Pink Floyd and some Elton John.

Araciel
11-15-2007, 08:14 AM
OH and William Delrey but he's my friend so yeah...gotta support the young Canadian folk scene

Markus. D
11-15-2007, 05:59 PM
At the moment...
I seem to always find these songs on my playlist...

Silverchair - If you keep losing sleep. (Rock)
Billy Talent - Nothing to Lose. (Punk)
Kelly Ft. Britney Spears - Gimme More Shoes (LOL). (Pop)
Park Ranger - Revolutionary Thinking. (Soft Rock)
Polysics - Peach Pie on the Beach. (New Wave)
Sonic Team - White Jungle Theme. (I donno... Video Game?)
DJ Hitoshi - Everlasting Dub Mix. (Trance)
Tokyo Jihen - Osca. (Jazz Rock :3)
DJ Fresh - Closer. (Drum 'n' Bass)

Sorry, it's pretty mixed genre wise...
edit: Added what Genre(s) they are :3... because I'm bored...

Seraphic
11-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Creep (acoustic) by Radiohead is on my back and I can't seem to get it off me! ;-;
I've also been listening to Tila Tequila funnily enough.
Her lyrics are extremely shallow and stupid but I like the beats XD
Bjork is a constant chip in the musical bowl.
Can't get her out of there >.<!

Jimsour
11-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Justice.

1-2-3-4-FIGHT.

I lent my flatmate my Justice CD and that songs not been off since.

At the minute my playlist consists of a Justice mix in Belfast, a Psycatron mix and an Erol Alkan mix at Gatecrasher. About 4 hours of music.

Bloodline666
11-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Even though I can claim all day that my favorite band is Slayer, for the last few months, I haven't been able to get enough of Megadeth. There is one song from them I stumbled across some time ago called "Blood of Heroes". Great song on what I kinda think is a lackluster album.

By the way, I prefer the re-recording of A Tout Le Monde over the original version that was on Youthanasia. Like I said, Youthanasia in my opinion is somewhat of a lackluster album.

Shine On...
11-16-2007, 04:04 AM
OH and William Delrey but he's my friend so yeah...gotta support the young Canadian folk scene
Mmm... Young Canadian Folk... Basia Bulat you should listen to.

Oh, and is your Location a reference to Funeral Diner's 'The Underdark' album? Because that would be so amazing.

Araciel
11-16-2007, 04:12 AM
Sorreh no, it's a nerdy reference, but I never even thought of that! :D

Burtsplurt
11-16-2007, 06:43 AM
I'm finding it very difficult to go for more than a day without playing the new Iron and Wine album. It's pretty ace. Before that, I was listening to Feist, although there were a few too many weak tracks on The Reminder. Worth it for 'My Moon, My Man' and '1234', though.

Renmiri
11-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Evanescence - Bring me to Life, Lithium

I'm obsessive with songs I like, put them on repeat for hours. Tee heee heee! Even my kids tell me to lower the volume :D

Markus. D
11-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Evanescence - Bring me to Life, Lithium

I'm obsessive with songs I like, put them on repeat for hours. Tee heee heee! Even my kids tell me to lower the volume :D

X_x!

That use to be about half the videos on youtube :p