PDA

View Full Version : X-Play reviews War of the Lions; name-drops EoFF

Necronopticous
11-14-2007, 01:32 AM
And the world of Ivaliss rejoiced (http://www.g4tv.com/flash/vplayerV3d.swf?videokey=18936&size=large&displayPlaylist=n&playlistType=normal&maxPlaylistSize=10&autoplay=n&displaylogo=true&vertical=false).

Momiji
11-14-2007, 02:26 AM
What a pleasant surprise. ^^

The Amazing Spiderman
11-14-2007, 02:35 AM
I have problems seeing the video.....even if I look for it on the main page and all, it only lasts about 3 seconds, and it's gone. I watched another one of some units casting some spells, thought.

What does the video tell about EoFF?

Momiji
11-14-2007, 03:05 AM
I have problems seeing the video.....even if I look for it on the main page and all, it only lasts about 3 seconds, and it's gone. I watched another one of some units casting some spells, thought.

What does the video tell about EoFF?

Morgan Webb just mentions the forum for a moment, not in detail.

Skyblade
11-14-2007, 05:10 AM
EoFF mods are used to symbolize the epitomy of FF fandom and geekiness. Awesome. :D

Roogle
11-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Well, I enjoyed it and I am a moderator at Eyes on Final Fantasy.

Ouch!
11-14-2007, 06:10 AM
Somehow, I think the review completely contradicted the score it got in the end, but whatever. The EoFF reference was nifty.

VorpalCyberWolf
11-15-2007, 08:14 PM
That's awesome... really it is.

Rase
11-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Very nice. Didn't they do like some subtle Eyeson reference in the FFVI Advance review where they said it was no wonder people had had their eyes on ff or some thing like that?

XxSephirothxX
11-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Your friend writes for X-Play, right Jeremy? I'm curious if the level of actual involvement Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb have is as nonexistent as it seems like it, because I've rarely gotten the impression they had much to do with the writing of the reviews they read off.

Goldenboko
11-16-2007, 03:01 AM
Whats that? fucking win? Yes. Yes it is.

Necronopticous
11-16-2007, 06:01 AM
Your friend writes for X-Play, right Jeremy? I'm curious if the level of actual involvement Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb have is as nonexistent as it seems like it, because I've rarely gotten the impression they had much to do with the writing of the reviews they read off.I would say it's pretty rare, in television, for any host, or group of hosts, to write their own material. X-Play is obviously not an exception.

The show has many writers. There is really no way Adam and Morgan could play all the games they talk about and review on the show, even if they wanted to.

XxSephirothxX
11-16-2007, 06:15 AM
Well, of course. I've just heard people say they don't even play games, which I didn't believe, but it does bother me to see them review something they haven't even played, even if someone did review it. But whatever. EoFF reference still awesome. I wonder if they even know what they're referencing. :p

Necronopticous
11-16-2007, 06:24 AM
They both play video games, although probably considerably less than most of the X-Play audience.

Araciel
11-17-2007, 02:14 AM
They also seem to stumble over some of the dialog that is teleprompted to them at times...It's a running joke between my friends and I that the average american understands their 5-point rating system, but not some of the words they use.

Dreddz
11-18-2007, 01:46 PM
I just hope my precious Morgan doesnt actually come on this site. To be seen here by her would ruin me.

theundeadhero
11-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Wait, I'm part of the epitomy of FF fandom and geekiness? Are they making fun of me :p

Genome
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
X-Play can't write reviews worth crap. They covered about 2 aspects of like, at least 20 aspects of a great game. I hope people don't sit there, watch this show, and then go out and buy a game judging from these morons.

NeoCracker
11-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Adam, at least, likely plays Video Games.

My friend got to Talk to Adam on FF XI, though the accounts was one of the Writers. Apperently Adam prefers WoW.

Though its entirely possible that they guy Tyler was talking to was just BSing him, though it didnt' seem like it. So really this isn't that much evidence to that, so I don't even know why I bothered to post it.

But anyway, it is pretty nifty we've been referenced for the second time on X-play.

PS: I proffered Judgment day when they ran that show.

Laddy
11-24-2007, 05:51 AM
PURE WIN!

EDIT: Why do they always mock the elite FF gamers who will reign supreme over these casual :skull::skull::skull::skull:heads!