PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!

Jess
11-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Have you ever broken any bones? If so, what and how? :jess:

The only bones I've broken are fingers, toes and my coccyx. I broke my coccyx from a nasty fall. The worst thing about it is that it still hurts now from time to time, even when it happened a couple of years ago.

escobert
11-14-2007, 06:04 PM
I broke my hand in a fight once.

James Leopold
11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I broke the little finger on my right hand by saving a football.
That was over a year ago now.

Jojee
11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I've never broken a bone, let's keep it this way :</>D

ScottNUMBERS
11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Who's toes and fingers?

Jess
11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
My toes and fingers. :jess:

prayzer
11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
The closest thing I've come to breaking a bone (which it actually is broken) would be my knee cap. When I was 13 I cracked it after a fall while playing on a gravel parking lot. As of now, it has a lot of calcium built up and its called bi-partite patella because it is actually split into 2 parts. Occasionally it shifts and hurts like #&!!.

NeoTifa
11-14-2007, 06:33 PM
ive broken 2 toes when my trashcan full of bricks fell over on my foot when i was taking it to the curb. i didnt go to the doc. that was in like 6th or 7th grade. i know people *coughtheslutjandacough* who was in a wheelchair and a cast all the way up herleg for one broken toe. pansy. i had 2 and didnt go to the doctor. i just limped alot lol :P

smittenkitten
11-14-2007, 06:57 PM
I've broke my wrist twice and I still did my homework with it. :p I've also smashed my head open once and still have a scar on my left eyebrow but it's slowly fading away. :)

Ashi
11-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Two toes when I was a kid, that's it for broken bones. It amazes people because I spent most of my childhood climbing things or jumping on things. Guess my ideal career would have been an acrobat or something of the sort.

However, I did hurt the same ankle twice in the same year, then three years later hurt it again (because the living room is my circus). Hurt my fingers (not at the same time, of course! We can't have an ordeal ever be finished now, can we?) My wrists alternate in being a pain - it is related to bones, but they're not broken. Does this count?

prayzer: That sounds really bad. My left knee sometimes feels like it's shifting and tends to hurt, but it doesn't make sense because I don't recall anything ever happening to it and it's been going on for over a decade.

Deborah
11-14-2007, 07:19 PM
I used to Pole vault...too much jumping and running (I used to run long distance too, over 7 miles a day.) fractured my right shin...it still is very weak, ah shin splints. That's the closest I have to a break, amazingly. :p

prayzer
11-14-2007, 07:19 PM
prayzer: That sounds really bad. My left knee sometimes feels like it's shifting and tends to hurt, but it doesn't make sense because I don't recall anything ever happening to it and it's been going on for over a decade.

It does hurt. What really sux is that's just my left knee. My right knee had a bit of bone disease in the joint. It has been gone for a long time now but it left my knee really weak and tender at times.

Nominus Experse
11-14-2007, 07:20 PM
No, I have not. However, I ought to have broken a few bones on several occasions.

Peegee
11-14-2007, 07:21 PM
When I was a child, no more than grade 3, I played wrestling with a kid at the place I was babysat after school. The guy twisted my arm and either popped it out or broke it. Shrug. I dunno what happened with that.

After that, I was fine until this one time at karate, before a competition. I was sparring with my brother and he hit me pretty hard, and I got pissed off (mostly cuz I got hurt, which isn't allowed -- I can't feel pain, apparently -_-), and punched a wall. Since I was wearing protective gloves, it means that two of my bones on my palm broke (fractured). Fun times fixing that one -_-

ps: if you know me, ask to check out my hand. It's almost bizarre.

Also my knuckles are all weird too. =(

Shlup
11-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I broke my leg just above the ankle my freshman year of high school. I was playing in my aunt's backyard with her dog and jumped the garden, and when I landed on the other side I fell and heard a loud "POP." After three days, when it was still swollen to the size of a baseball, I went to the doctor and got a cast.

The Unknown Guru
11-15-2007, 01:02 AM
When I was playing capture the flag last summer (oh no, he goes outside!), I had about 3 people on my tail and one in front of me. I juke left and lose my balance, but I can't stumble because there's a fence about 10 feet off in that direction. I go down with just about all my weight on my left hand, nearly skidding into the fence. I get tagged and go to jail, then keep on playing with what seems to be a shattered wrist. When I went to the doctor about 2 days later, he says it's just a sprain, I'll be fine. 2 weeks later, I go back, he says it was broken all along, and I have to wear a splint/cast for a month. I blame medicine.

Ouch!
11-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Although my name might lead one to believe otherwise, I have never broken a bone. I have come very close on a couple occasions, however.

Araciel
11-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Yes, I've broken bones. A few of them. From fighting/being stupid...wait aren'tthose the same thing?

Jessweeee♪
11-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Nope...never...*knock on wood*

I Took the Red Pill
11-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Collar Bone, wrestling with my cousin when I was 7 I think.

blim
11-15-2007, 03:08 AM
I have a habit of walking on walls when drunk, so far this has led to breaking bones in my foot and a couple of ribs when i tried to sleep on a wall, oddly enough i soon dropped off.

xXsarahXx
11-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Have you ever broken any bones? If so, what and how? :jess:

The only bones I've broken are fingers, toes and my coccyx. I broke my coccyx from a nasty fall. The worst thing about it is that it still hurts now from time to time, even when it happened a couple of years ago.

Oh god i share your pain, ive broken mine not once but twice!

First time i fell over pretty bad on my ass :( couldnt walk for weeks :( had to sit on a rubber ring!

Second time my delightful ex boyfriend was asleep next to me and haveing a bad dream and kicked me in the backside in his sleep, broke it :( que another 6 months of rubber ring fun :( Not even an apology!!!

still really hurts every now and again, especially when im cold!

Ive also broken both of my legs which was crap and broke my arm in 3 places when i fell over and a bike rolled over my arm! That hurt soooo badly!!

prayzer
11-15-2007, 11:47 PM
capture the flag .

I remember playing that game. I loved it! Its been ages.

Araciel
11-15-2007, 11:55 PM
CTF was awesome, as was manhunt, etc.

Jojee
11-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Second time my delightful ex boyfriend was asleep next to me and haveing a bad dream and kicked me in the backside in his sleep, broke it :( que another 6 months of rubber ring fun :( Not even an apology!!!

Wtf? I'd "have a bad dream" and "accidentally kick him in his backside and break his bone" the next night ^__^