PDA

View Full Version : Your Monitor

Shlup
11-15-2007, 06:55 AM
How clean is your monitor? Mine is free of dust, but has a few flecks because I eat at my desk.

If yours is unclean, I shall send assistance to you (http://www.funpic.hu/swf/monitor_cleaner.swf)!

Denmark
11-15-2007, 06:59 AM
My monitor hasn't been clean since I got my computer. Neither has any of the rest of this computer. I honestly don't know why either. :|

Araciel
11-15-2007, 07:01 AM
It's cleaned once a week, but I splatter coke on it sometimes :D

rubah
11-15-2007, 07:03 AM
mine is pretty filthy. I gave it a woody spit bath a few weeks ago, but I'm afraid to push too hard on it to clean with the materials at hand (spit and newspaper!) so there's smudges, and everytime I wipe the dust off, there's more :}

incidentally, I turned the monitor brightness up to full and I about keeled over at how easy it was to see everything. But I have to run the fan 2x as fast to keep it cool :(

Miriel
11-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Puppy!

I clean mine every few days. It's a little dusty right now but not really noticeable. It's my keyboard that's the problem.

Rye
11-15-2007, 11:09 AM
It's not that dusty right now. :3

blackmage_nuke
11-15-2007, 11:16 AM
I dont notice when it's dusty but i tend to sneeze on it sometimes

Jess
11-15-2007, 11:32 AM
I cleaned my monitor the other day. It's clean! :jess:

That doggy is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. *dies*

Loony BoB
11-15-2007, 12:07 PM
There's little point in dusting my home monitor because it's black, and will gather back the dust in seconds. So I just let the dust be unless I'm on a mad cleaning spree.

The monitor is clean otherwise, though. I hate people touching monitor screens so mine looks very nice, and dude, how does eating at your desk make your monitor dirty? Do you open your mouth and blow your food out at it or something? o_O;

Peegee
11-15-2007, 12:34 PM
My two flatscreen lcds are clean. It's the desk itself that has dirty because I eat at my computer table.

>: (

Mirage
11-15-2007, 12:46 PM
mine is pretty filthy. I gave it a woody spit bath a few weeks ago, but I'm afraid to push too hard on it to clean with the materials at hand (spit and newspaper!) so there's smudges, and everytime I wipe the dust off, there's more :}

incidentally, I turned the monitor brightness up to full and I about keeled over at how easy it was to see everything. But I have to run the fan 2x as fast to keep it cool :(

Spit? Ewwww :p. Could at least use water :p.

Levian
11-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I eat while surfing too so there's some food stains. Nothing compared to my keyboard, though! I could cook a thanksgiving dinner for an entire family with all that.

XxSephirothxX
11-15-2007, 06:28 PM
It might have a few fingerprints on it, but I believe it is dust free. Its base is filthy, though.

rubah
11-15-2007, 06:59 PM

Spit? Ewwww :p. Could at least use water :p.

Spit sticks together better and so is less likely to run down everywhere and fry something :O besides i didn't have any water at the time.

Shlup
11-16-2007, 07:03 AM
There's little point in dusting my home monitor because it's black, and will gather back the dust in seconds. So I just let the dust be unless I'm on a mad cleaning spree.

The monitor is clean otherwise, though. I hate people touching monitor screens so mine looks very nice, and dude, how does eating at your desk make your monitor dirty? Do you open your mouth and blow your food out at it or something? o_O;

Like when I spin the noodles they flick and stuff.

Leeza
11-16-2007, 07:07 AM
Tearing out drywall, installing drywall, mudding and sanding do not make for a dust-free monitor. :cat: