PDA

View Full Version : So this livejournal...?

Araciel
11-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Hey all you LJ'rs...

Is it fun? I just made my second post and I think I'll soon become addicted. I don't know if that's good or not, but it is what it is.

Do you think you post more about daily occurrences, your thoughts on them, random musings, or some combination?

So far,* mine seems quite mechanical in the way I've presented it...

*After one entry.

Jojee
11-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Whatever, you already posted a picture of your nipple! xD Unless you are a robot. Then it would be mechanical, yes... :shifty:

I mostly post what happened to me during the day and pictures in my LJ ^_^

Araciel
11-15-2007, 08:22 AM
OMG INVIS

/runs

Resha
11-15-2007, 10:00 AM
I post a lot of CRAP! I used to try and keep it impersonal but lately it has become an emo mess >_o but ehh =] it's cathartic so WHATCHA!

Heath
11-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Sometimes if nothing particularly interesting has happened or if I don't particularly want to write about what's happened in my life lately I'll just link to stuff on YouTube/news articles, etc. Most of the time it's about my life and I don't know how interesting it is, but as of late it's been rather impersonal.

I enjoy updating my LJ though I don't update it nearly as much as I used to. I used to update it on a near-daily basis though these days it's rougly one or two posts a week. Don't know why that is to be honest.

Rye
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm an LJ addict and I won't hide it.

Jess
11-15-2007, 11:39 AM
I always go on my friends page on LJ and read through all the entries. I occasionally make posts but recently I've had nothing interesting to post. I post often enough to not forget and never post. :jess:

Peegee
11-15-2007, 12:38 PM
It used to be fun but I quickly acquired like 50+ friends, and it's just not possible to read through them all. =(

So I've basically abandoned it.

Faris
11-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I rarely make an entry because there's nothing lately to post about. I always read my friends page though.

duckie
11-15-2007, 12:54 PM
i have one but i don't ever make any entries. i don't really like it.

Levian
11-15-2007, 01:24 PM
All the cool people had one, so I got one too. I think I've made 2 or 3 entries this year. :p I keep forgetting it exists.

Avarice-ness
11-15-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't post too much, and when I do I end up mass deleting at the end of the month anyways. xD

Bunny
11-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Livejournal is the MySpace of absolute suck.

Seraphic
11-15-2007, 02:56 PM
I got it recently and I got addicted although I have no idea why because theres no real reason to keep going back besides if you have something to write,which you can pretty much do at any other blogging community.
But I will admit that its fun *nod*
Mine is like a mesh of all these different things.
I tend to write about my life and daily occurrences, my thoughts at the moment, my photowork and drawings and then stuff I find on youtube.
Randomness helps you to keep coming back I think *nod*

Loony BoB
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Livejournal is the MySpace of absolute suck.
If LiveJournal is 'suck' the MySpace is the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Seriously, how anyone thinks that MySpace is superior to LiveJournal is beyond me.

Bunny
11-15-2007, 03:56 PM
MySpace sucks but Livejournal sucks harder.

Loony BoB
11-15-2007, 04:04 PM
I disagree! MySpace is to LiveJournal what Will Ferrell is to Will Smith, Morgan Freeman or Anthony Hopkins.

smittenkitten
11-15-2007, 04:13 PM
LJ Rawks! :heart:

I use it more than any other online journals and I agree that MySpace sux! :tongue:

fire_of_avalon
11-15-2007, 05:39 PM
I have a Livejournal. I post in it about 4 times a month on average.

rubah
11-15-2007, 06:13 PM
mostly I use mine to catch up on people and recent events

XxSephirothxX
11-15-2007, 06:20 PM
mostly I use mine to catch up on people and recent events
Mmhmm. The last time I made an update was the last time I had Finals, and the next time I make an update will likely involve another frustrating or high stress period. Hopefully whining is tolerable if it only comes every six months.

Miriel
11-15-2007, 07:19 PM
I write about adventures. And post pictures of food. It's alright. I'm less interested than I was in the past.

My photography livejournal is useful for marketing purposes.

Denmark
11-15-2007, 07:33 PM
I write random stuff that comes to my mind, that's usually pointless. I read my friends page and occasionally comment. I don't post about my daily life because I personally think it's pretty boring. :)

CloudDragon
11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Never update the thing anymore, but for awhile it was the most constant thing in my "online" life I guess you could say. Now I hardly check it anymore.

Shauna
11-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I check my friend's page every day, but I tend not to post too often in it. Just whenever something happens that I feel like updating about.

I Took the Red Pill
11-15-2007, 08:31 PM
I make an entry once every few weeks, but not a huge fan of it.

I was a huge fan of it when Joel made public entries, though :}

Freya
11-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I make random ones. Whenever I feel like making a nonsense post. But i check it everyday.

Shiny
11-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey all you LJ'rs...

Is it fun?
Not really. I only got one so I can see some people's private entries. Mostly because I wanted to see more of Resha's entries, but she set it to friend's only. I rarely posts entries anymore and I just made one this summer. It gets way too tedious. I'd much rather just read other entries, but even that gets tedious from time to time.

edczxcvbnm
11-15-2007, 10:29 PM
I write about what I do like it is a real journal for the most part. Friends are free to read and discuss stuff in it but rarely do I make posts that seem like they are 'open for discussion' type stuff. Mainly what I did that day or what I plan on doing.

EDIT: I also tend to make fairly long posts in my LJ which probably helps a lot of people to think

tl;dr

Kossage
11-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Writing in LJ is definitely fun. And it's important for me, too, because it's an easier way to write down what's going on in my life than using the traditional means of pen & paper not to mention it also has the bonus of getting comments from friends and getting to know new people. :D

My LJ posts vary but they tend to contain various kinds of stuff. For example, I might review movies, books and soundtracks in detail, write about what's going on in my life, talk about important things happening that week, and write a bit of poetry or fiction in the same entry. :)

Zeldy
11-16-2007, 08:25 PM
I love reading Resha's and Rye's entries the most. Rye makes little stories, and Resha's are always so cute. Everything she does is cute.

I post in mine quite a bit, mostly about my day, school, current crushes.

Araciel
11-17-2007, 08:59 AM
oh also...if you wanna see my boring life in text...

Araciel (http://araciel.livejournal.com/)

scrumpleberry
11-17-2007, 11:59 AM
I disagree! MySpace is to LiveJournal what Will Ferrell is to Will Smith, Morgan Freeman or Anthony Hopkins.

Nice.

I haven't got one, just wanted to compliment that.

Jowy
11-17-2007, 04:40 PM
LJ makes internet drama easily accessible in one convenient site.

Misfit
11-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Jowy posts nekkid pictures in his LJ :o

Jowy
11-17-2007, 04:55 PM
more like you log into mine and post "ballsonairconditioner.jpg"