PDA

View Full Version : Using Expert sphere grid standardly

blackmage_nuke
11-15-2007, 08:52 PM
So when i played with expert sphere grid for some reason, instead of finding my own paths and doing my own thing, i followed the paths set out in Standard mode, which really defeats the purpose.
Did anyone else do this?

ScottNUMBERS
11-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Guilty.

I don't think it defeats the purpose though, the pretty yellow background is much better.

ReloadPsi
11-15-2007, 10:59 PM
No man, DO follow the default paths. You'll notice that upon completion you can just follow another path straight after, rather than having to warp back to the start like on the Standard.

Short version: Expert Sphere Grid is better.

Jimsour
11-15-2007, 11:40 PM
I found the expert sphere grid made the game easier.

First time I played the game I used the simple grid and was stuck on the boss just before you reach zanarkand and no matter how far i got on the grid I couldnt beat it. So I stopped playing the game and a few months later re-started it with the expert grid, got back to where I was and was probably 3 times more powerful than I previously was.

rubah
11-16-2007, 02:30 AM
Except you can't get as high stats with it:}

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-16-2007, 11:23 AM
i foloowed the default paths when i used it, however it wouldn't recommend it over the standard grid.

it does give you stronger characters early on in the game, but it has less nodes than te standard grid so maxing ur chars at the end of the game i a lot harder. expert grid is your quick-fix grid.

No.78
11-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Default paths just make more sense really.

You just can't not use that grid, otherwise it'd be degrading, obviously.

Breine
11-16-2007, 04:33 PM
I always do that. I like Yuna as a white mage, Lulu as a black mage, Auron as the traditional warrior etc. I just like the Expert Grid more than the Standard one because it's more complex and flexible - and that becomes rather nice once I've mastered everybody's default abilities and want to expand them.

cally777
11-17-2007, 01:16 AM
I like exp grid for several reasons including: 1) you can make Yuna a blk mage to make the most of her high magic stat 2) you can get a thief earlier and more easily 3) you can get yr characters higher agility and/or haste, so speeding up the game.

Two thieves and two black mages are excellent for use in and around the thunder plains. Steal off cactuars and blast iron giants with double watera. Yes you could use Kimahri in the original grid, but he is slow and weak magically compared to Yuna.

:choc::choc::choc:

No.78
11-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah always use the black magic spheres on Yuna when you get 'em