PDA

View Full Version : Best Fighting Game Ever?

Realm25
11-16-2007, 09:52 PM
For me personally I'd have to say Street Fighter II, not to be trendy, or a fanboy or anything, but just because I remember playing the arcade everyday, and then finally getting it for Snes. It was possibly my favorite game for a couple years.

In terms of popularity, probably Mortal Kombat?

What are your opinions?

Nominus Experse
11-16-2007, 09:57 PM
BATTLETOADS!!!

CloudDragon
11-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Street Fighter II, Killer Instinct II, and Eternal Champions!

Fonzie
Well, I just preordered Battletoad's yesterday at Gamestop.

Spammerman
That star wars one.

Nominus Experse
11-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Well, I just preordered Battletoad's yesterday at Gamestop.
They told me they didn't have it...

Wal*Mart told me to check again tommorow...

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Super Smash Bros. series and I don't care what anybody says about their validity.

El Bandito
11-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Darkstalkers just because they had my favorite characters. Fighting system wasn't too shabby either.

Rostum
11-17-2007, 04:32 AM
Wait wait wait... they made a new battletoad's game and I don't know about?!?!

Araciel
11-17-2007, 05:12 AM
DOA3 is my favourite all-time fighting game. I would think many could take the title given different classifications, but overall, the most iconic is SF2

Skyblade
11-17-2007, 05:26 AM
Super Smash Bros. series and I don't care what anybody says about their validity.

QFT.

Realm25
11-17-2007, 06:00 AM
I had completely forgotten about Eternal Champions, I liked that game.

Have any of you heard of, or played an old and pretty unheard of Fighter for Snes called Tuff E Nuff?. On the box it says "Hey Punk! Are You Tuff E Nuff?"

I remember buying it at Blockbuster for like 5 bucks a long long time ago.

Slothy
11-17-2007, 06:02 AM
Soul Calibur II. Easily one of the deepest and best balanced fighting games ever. No other game is as accessible to beginners, and yet can let experts learn the game and dominate consistently.

Remedy
11-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Mostly, King of Fighter 2006 and maximum impact.
also Tekken is gr8 game
but let's see Street Fighter on PS3 it seems itresting.

good luck with your battles ^^

Marshall Banana
11-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Eight-year-old Monda would choose Mortal Kombat for sure.

Rase
11-17-2007, 08:11 AM
And...... yes.

Nifleheim7
11-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Anything with the word Tekken.

Markus. D
11-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Guilty Gear Zex :3

Dreddz
11-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Guilty Gear XX #Reload

Breine
11-17-2007, 03:40 PM
BATTLETOADS!!!

I used to own that game for the NES. Good memories :)

Anyway, I'd have to say Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur 3 are the best up until now. When Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur 4 are released I'm sure they'll take the cake, though.

Spatvark
11-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Street Fighter 2: Special Championship Edition on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis

Necronopticous
11-17-2007, 10:48 PM
3rd Strike is the best fighting game ever made.

Lawr
11-17-2007, 10:56 PM
I like the one where you can punch and jump.

Kirobaito
11-17-2007, 11:15 PM
I don't play a lot of fighting games, but I would say Tekken 3 or Melee.

Polnareff
11-20-2007, 07:45 PM
For me, Street Fighter III Third Strike all the way. Deep gameplay, great characters, nice graphics, and cool soundtrack. :p

Second for me would be Vampire Savior. It's one of Capcom's biggest masterpieces in the world of fighting games, IMO. Let's not forget the awesome Rival Schools series, which is IMO still the best 3D fighter with 2D gameplay ever released.

From the SNK side, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown II, Samurai Shodown IV, and Fatal Fury Special are my top picks. I like a couple of the later KoFs (and I just bought the domestic release of KoFXI yesterday).

Oh man, SFIV is gonna rule, and so will KoFXII. I can hardly wait.

Now, if only SNK was still making Fatal Fury games. :(

JKTrix
11-20-2007, 08:16 PM
I think there's a difference between the Best Fighting Game Ever (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/102042-virtua-fighter-5-a.html) and Your Favouritestest Fighting Game. Mine just happens to be synonymous.

Putting that aside on its own, my Next Favourites are Soul Calibur, Capcom vs SNK 2, SF3 and DOA4.

Madame Adequate
11-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Soul Caliber, Dreamcast version. Perfection.

Ayreon
11-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Soul Calibur 2. Its the most balanced in the series.

Evastio
11-21-2007, 12:54 AM
It'd have to be Super Smash Bros. Melee.

TyphoonThaReapa
11-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Tekken series is THE best.

Favorite choices: Tekken series, Marvel V.S Capcom series, Bloody Roar series, Killer Instant series, Dragon Ball Z series, Soul Calibur series, Mortal Kombat series, Street Fighters series, Super Smash Brothers series, Eternal Champions and Samurai Showdown series.

:cool:

NeoCracker
11-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Smash Bro's MElee. Though Brawl will likely beat it.

Other good ones Were Tekkan V, favorite Tekkan so far. Bryan Fury and Christie are kick ass.

Soul Calibur 2 rocks hard, though I am going to say 3 was better on the basis that Tira was Hawt. :drool:

Next up, Bloody Roar, the original. The others were horrible.

And Virtua Fighter sucks.

Goldenboko
11-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Street Fighter Two. End of discussion.

*Closes*

EDIT- GoBo, no abusing those pwrs we gave you

~rubah

Jessweeee♪
11-21-2007, 01:32 AM
I like the Tekken series :D

I first started getting into it when we were living with other relatives and my cousin got a PS1 for his birthday o.o

He got Tekken 3 and we'd play it lots! We moved to Texas and when we visited them a few years ago we played it again for old time's sake and figured out how to get Gon and make him fart. Oh what a wonderful day it was....

STOP FARTING ON THE BALL JESSICA >:[
WELL STOP USING TRUE OGRE, I MEAN YOU BARELY HAVE TO MOVE HIM TO WIN AT TEKKEN BALL >:[

Spammerman
11-21-2007, 01:39 AM
MORTAL KOMBAT

Lawr
11-21-2007, 12:01 PM

I like Bloody Roar too!

The Unknown Guru
11-21-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm gonna go with Soul Calibur III. It's like SCII but twice as good.

Street Fighter 2 was defintitely the most original for its time, though.

Markus. D
11-22-2007, 03:28 AM

I like Bloody Roar too!

I liked it!

Cept for the broken-ness, real pretty though :3!

Dreddz
11-22-2007, 08:58 PM
This thread is a joke, I cannot believe the people who said Smash Bros is their favourite fighting game. The message needs to be sent that Smash Bros is not a real fighting game but a simple party game brawler. Its good at what is does but fighting games shouldnt have pokeballs flying all over the place and sledge hammers that nearly always get an instant kill. People on the internet need to get their act together fast, Smash Bros Brawl has already recieved too much hype in my opinion.

And Bloody Roar was a horrible series to start people, dont give it any credit.

Other good ones Were Tekkan V, favorite Tekkan so far. Bryan Fury and Christie are kick ass.

So Smash Bros Melee is your favourite fighting game, you use Christie in Tekken and you think Virtua Fighter sucks. This is all wrong.

demondude
11-22-2007, 09:01 PM
This thread is a joke, I cannot believe the people who said Smash Bros is their favourite fighting game. The message needs to be sent that Smash Bros is not a real fighting game but a simple party game brawler. Its good at what is does but fighting games shouldnt have pokeballs flying all over the place and sledge hammers that nearly always get an instant kill. People on the internet need to get their act together fast, Smash Bros Brawl has already recieved too much hype in my opinion.

And Bloody Roar was a horrible series to start people, dont give it any credit.

So Smash Bros Melee is your favourite fighting game, you use Christie in Tekken and you think Virtua Fighter sucks. This is all wrong.

Smash melee is great because it's different from all the other fighting games that are pretty much the same.

Raebus
11-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Its just Dreddz, he's bound to complain about something.

Roto13
11-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Its just Dreddz, he's bound to complain about something.

Something Nintendo related.

Smash Bros. is awesome. So what if there are items? They can be turned off.

Aside from that, my personal favourite fighter is Soul Calibur, though the best is probably Virtua Fighter.