PDA

View Full Version : Crysis

Discord
11-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Anybody got it yet?

Slothy
11-17-2007, 03:28 PM
The better question is probably; anyone got a computer that can run it with decent settings yet? I don't, but if a friend of mine (who has two computers that'd probably laugh at the system requirements and run at high settings at least) gets it I may play it at some time.

Discord
11-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Hmmm... well, the requirements for the demo were quite modest. I could run it at a smooth framerate. It just slowed down quite a bit when driving around, but slow stealth-gameplay worked out just fine. Umm... lowest resolution though.:D

Slothy
11-17-2007, 05:09 PM
That's kind of the thing though. One of the huge draws for the game is the graphics. I mean yeah, the gameplay may be great on it's own, but it never really stood out to me prior to it's release (then again, every FPS for the last year or so has had to compete for my attention with The Orange Box, which meant they never stood a chance anyway). Maybe it'd be worth a purchase even without a great PC, but I'd still rather play it on a great machine I think. I suppose I'll have to look into it some more.

XxSephirothxX
11-17-2007, 05:21 PM
I managed to run the demo at all high settings at 1360x768. No anti aliasing though. I don't think I had any slowdown, though I did have a few weird graphical glitches.

It's an incredibly beautiful and immersive game, but having seen screenshots of the game on Very High, there's a pretty obvious difference. Things that look good for a game on high just look absolutely incredible on Very High. The lighting and the textures are just mind-blowing. To be able to play it on Very High at a decent resolution with no slowdown, though, I think it would take a computer with two of the best video cards on the market working together. :p

Discord
11-18-2007, 01:16 AM
The atmosphere seems to be superb (or at least, it did in the demo). Especially the sequence with the guy hanging down from the tree.

cloud21zidane16
11-18-2007, 03:12 AM
Nope dont have it, but i might get it:)

Mr Cactuar
11-18-2007, 03:30 AM
To be able to play it on Very High at a decent resolution with no slowdown, though, I think it would take a computer with two of the best video cards on the market working together. :p

That would mean not only getting all the other stuff to max, but also buying 2 8800gtx's (best on the market, and whats needed to play it at max) which cost like $500-700 on their own. Hehe, I think maybe Bill Gates can do that :D

Anyway, one of my friends went to the eGames & Entertainment Expo yesterday, which is in Australia. He said that Crysis looked :skull::skull::skull::skull:. They were playing it on 2.0ghz dual core, 1gb ram, 256mb gfx cards and it didn't look that great + the gameplay sucks.

Discord
11-18-2007, 11:54 PM
To be able to play it on Very High at a decent resolution with no slowdown, though, I think it would take a computer with two of the best video cards on the market working together. :p

That would mean not only getting all the other stuff to max, but also buying 2 8800gtx's (best on the market, and whats needed to play it at max) which cost like $500-700 on their own. Hehe, I think maybe Bill Gates can do that :D

Anyway, one of my friends went to the eGames & Entertainment Expo yesterday, which is in Australia. He said that Crysis looked :skull::skull::skull::skull:. They were playing it on 2.0ghz dual core, 1gb ram, 256mb gfx cards and it didn't look that great + the gameplay sucks.

Hmm... I don't know about the higher resolution, but the demo was awesome on all settings at LOW (except the shader quality which was at MEDIUM) with 800x600 resolution. The gameplay is kind of unusual for a shooter alright. Try rushing into the enemy base at any difficulty other than EASY and you're doomed to load the last checkpoint.

Loony BoB
11-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Tip: If you play it using an 8800GTS, be sure to put texture and shading to HIGH settings or the game won't work effectively. There are certain settings that may need to be on LOW as well for certain effects such as flashlights to not screw up.

I played it using 1680x1050, an 8800GTS (320MB), 2GB RAM, XP and a mixture of HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW settings and got the game going fine. It's very good. I mean, it's freaking gorgeous. I really, really like it.

ljkkjlcm9
11-27-2007, 02:29 PM
my roommate got it and beat it the day it came out, it looked alright, but I was busy playing Mario Galaxy at the time.

THE JACKEL