PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band

I Don't Need A Name
11-17-2007, 04:34 PM
So who is thinking about getting this? i think its a great idea, but it will probably make Guitar Hero redundant, which is a shame.
Shame about the price as well. $169.99 for the whole bundle (around £85 for us brits) the upside being that that contains all the controllers.
i love the fact that you can buy new songs and full albums from the internet as well
Thoughts on this game then?

Jowy
11-17-2007, 04:41 PM
WTS a kidney for a PS3 and Rock Band.

Slothy
11-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I just read the review on IGN which confirmed what I've been hearing for a while now. The guitar parts don't provide the challenge we're used to with Guitar Hero which means there's nothing for me there. They did say the challenge of the vocal and drum parts make up for it, but I have no interest in the vocals, and the guy reviewing the drums admitted he had trouble getting his foot moving independently which tells me he's not a drummer. He did say that before long though, he was able to play through on hard, and play a few of the songs on expert. Since I am a drummer though, this probably means that I'll have no trouble going through expert the first time.

If there's no challenge, then there's nothing in it for me. The developer can say the game is all about playing with friends rather than mastering songs all they want, but that argument doesn't hold water with me. My friends and I have always had a blast passing the guitar around in Guitar Hero and trying to master songs, and there's no reason Rock Band couldn't have provided a Guitar Hero like challenge while sticking to the playing as a band concept. If people aren't up to the challenge of expert, that's why there are lower difficulties. I must say that that review left me disappointed. As more reviews come out, if they essentially reflect IGN's sentiments on the difficulty then I won't buy it. I may play it at a friends somewhere a long the way, but I'm not spending my money on this.