PDA

View Full Version : Report Cahds

Rye
11-17-2007, 08:43 PM
I've noticed that I've adopted a slight Boston accent on top of my Noo Yoik accent when I say things like car or "cah". If my accent was Buddhist, I feel that it has ascended to Nirvana.

Anyway, on topic, how was your report card? I just got mine. I did pretty peachy.

AP English - 92
AP Art - 94
Economics - 85
Psychology - 97
Pre-Calc - 88 (I'm actually really proud of this, because math doesn't click with me most of the time so I generally get a solid B in Math, while everything else is usually an A)
Honors Choir - 100 (unF uNF :kaoyatta:)

Which is yay because my unweighted grade is 93/3.7 GPA and my weighted grade, I think, is a 98/4.0 GPA. :3

The only thing I'm annoyed about is my Economics grade because, since we have a new teacher who doesn't know how to teach, she took 10 points off my average for not handing in 2 or 3 homeworks due to illness and having chorus lessons and stuff. So instead of the 95 I earned, I got a 85, which is pretty much the lowest I've ever gotten in a class outside of Math in High School. But whatever. The AP grades make up for it, because those get weighted on my transcript. Besides, I only have Eco half a year. Next semester, I take college level Government, which has a teacher who knows how to grade.

Swish!

Jojee
11-17-2007, 08:49 PM
*cries* Ih8u Rye! Don't remind me! *runs into a wall*

Rye
11-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Oh babycaeks, I'm sorry, I'll cheer you up. ;D ;D

Madame Adequate
11-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Creation of Universe: A+
Creation of Earth and Heavens: A++
Creation of Life: A-
General Godhood: A

Jojee
11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Oh babycaeks, I'm sorry, I'll cheer you up. ;D ;D Okay honeybuns, come to bed~! :kaolove:

I'm guessing I'm getting a lot of ABs this semester. Hopefully not anything lower than a B, but there's still aplenty of time to mess up. :p

Rye
11-17-2007, 09:20 PM

Remembering your girlfriend's middle name: F---
Cheating on your girlfriend with Jowy and Rengori: A++

Madame Adequate
11-17-2007, 09:21 PM

Remembering your girlfriend's middle name: F---
Cheating on your girlfriend with Jowy and Rengori: A++

Taking this crap from my girlfriend: F-----

Jojee
11-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Taking it from your girlfiend: A+++++++

(I'm done xD)

Madame Adequate
11-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Taking it from your girlfiend: A+++++++

(I'm done xD)

JOY!!! >=[[[[[[

~*~Celes~*~
11-17-2007, 10:48 PM
my last report card was as such:

Instrumental Music- A+
English AP- A
Interior Design-A
Consumer Economics- B+
French 3 Honors- C
Psychology- C

D= @ French grammar stuffs and senile Psychology teachers who teach you one thing and test you on something completely different D=

Zeldy
11-17-2007, 11:38 PM
I only get a report at the end of the year, I get it really early this year though with leaving for study leave around April. So in the next few months.. eek.

Our reports are more indepth, like about the student's ATL (attitude to learning) and all that. My report last year was quite bad, I got alot of Cs and Ds in exams so like every one said I was under achieving as my target grade is a B.

Jess
11-17-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't get report cards, I just get graded assignments which make up my entire course. Each assignment has different grading. In each unit we have 3 assignments and the 3 assignments make up the overall grade for the unit.
For example in one assignment the grading criteria may be:
P1, P2
M1
D1, D2.

Another may be;
P3, P4, P5
M2, M3,
D3, D4.
or something~

Overall for each unit you need to acheive all of the P's (Passes) to get a pass, of which are between P5 to P8, and all of the M's to get a merit which go up to about M4 and all of the D's to get a distinction which there are about 4/5 to achieve. Each Unit varies though as some are harder.

In my most recent assignments I've had:

Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care: Merit, but I've been given a week to get a distinction because I was only lacking a few sentences to get a distinction.

Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care: Merit.

Development through the Life Stages: Pass, which was the highest grade possible. It was pass or fail. :jess:

edit: man, I hope that makes sense. It took me like a week to understand it all myself, the grading is so weird! :jess:

Shauna
11-17-2007, 11:49 PM
I'll be getting a report card soon. Yay.

Rengori
11-18-2007, 12:03 AM
History - C
Algebra 2 - B
PE - A
English - C
Biology - B
Spanish 1 - A

I don't know how my grades are possibly this high.

Fonzie
11-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Geometry- A+
World History- 100
Spanish 1- 98
English II- 98
Biology- 92
Career Connections- 96

Raebus
11-18-2007, 12:23 AM
If I still got a report card or found myself back in high school, I would have failed pretty much everything.

I Took the Red Pill
11-18-2007, 01:03 AM
AP Calculus - 93
Honors Physics - 95
Finite Mathematics - 97
AP English - 92
Economics - 100

snacks
11-18-2007, 01:34 AM
They really say cahds in new york.
no seriously

Lynx
11-18-2007, 02:19 AM
i havent had grades in like 2 years but they were pretty much never straight A's except maybe my last year in high school i had like 3 classes and they were easy.

as for the accent I (also a new yorker) went to boston and was like "wow they all talk so wierd i wonder if i sound wierd to them" :p

Rye
11-18-2007, 04:03 AM
AP Calculus - 93
Honors Physics - 95
Finite Mathematics - 97
AP English - 92
Economics - 100

You make me feel insecure about my grades. xDD

Madame Adequate
11-18-2007, 04:11 AM
Here's my actual grades from last year:

HIST1007 Twentieth Century Europe 67
PAMG1402 The Global Environment 73
POLI1102 Introduction to Politics 66
POLI1104 Introduction to Contemporary International Relations 68

Better than I recall (thought I had a 63 in there), but significantly worse than I would like (Need above 70s on everything). Luckily this first year doesn't count towards my degree.

I think I'm going to fail to get the degree I want D:

Brief explanation. Maximum grade is ostensibly 100, however, on a Humanities course it's nigh-impossible to even approach that, because apparently the implication would be that we've got it right (i.e. if I wrote an essay on Liberalism, and got 100, it would be literally faultless to even the harshest critic of Liberalism and a paradigm-changing work at the very least). In effect, maximum grade is in the 70s, maybe 80. On POLI1104 it was more like 72, because I got 71 on an essay for which literally one improvement could be suggested - that I center-justify the text. The thing itself got 71, but I was offered no ideas on how to improve it. So yeah I'm not as dumb as I look. But still pretty dumb.

Rye
11-18-2007, 04:22 AM

Better than I recall (thought I had a 63 in there), but significantly worse than I would like (Need above 70s on everything). Luckily this first year doesn't count towards my degree.

I like how you forget to mention that you're the top of your class right now. >=[ Stop being down on yourself.

Madame Adequate
11-18-2007, 04:28 AM

I like how you forget to mention that you're the top of your class right now. >=[ Stop being down on yourself.

That's like being top of the class in Harlem Ghetto High. This place is not a nexus of luminaries and I really regret not going to Leicester Uni instead.

KoShiatar
11-18-2007, 04:29 AM
I'm done with school. >_>

Rye
11-18-2007, 04:33 AM

That's like being top of the class in Harlem Ghetto High. This place is not a nexus of luminaries and I really regret not going to Leicester Uni instead.

Harlem Ghetto High. xD You could have sleepovers with Paul everyday then! Transfer transfer!

Momiji
11-18-2007, 04:36 AM
I'm done with school. >_>

Showoff.

Anyway, as for my grades, I'd rather not mention my Algebra II grade and my Digital Electronics grade. (Me + Math in any form = disaster). I DID pass the classes, though.

However, my English grade is, of course, nearly flawless. ;)

Madame Adequate
11-18-2007, 04:53 AM
Harlem Ghetto High. xD You could have sleepovers with Paul everyday then! Transfer transfer!

You ought to consider that there may be a reason for my not going to Leicester Uni in the first place. :3

Arc_Master_14
11-18-2007, 04:59 AM
H Algebra 2 C+
Chemisty B+
English A
World Geography A
Health/Pe A+
H Spanish 1 B+

unweighted GPA 3.33
weighted GPA 3.67

Ace14
11-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Algebra 1 A
EC/EP/EN (business) A
Pe/Health A+
Geography C
English C
Farm A

This has been like the best report card I've gotten since like 5th grade! Haha kind of sad really.

Resha
11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
AP Calculus - 93
Honors Physics - 95
Finite Mathematics - 97
AP English - 92
Economics - 100

You are a massive freakface :p (but ily k!)

Hmm, I'm going to get my report cahd soon. This hasn't been the best year for me. But eh.

Shiny
11-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Some of you get an A+ at bragging. I got honor roll and that's all that matters to me. :goofy: