PDA

View Full Version : PSP!

KoShiatar
11-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Can anyone tell me which games they think are the best for the PSP? My favourites are RPGs, puzzle games, adventures and platforms, but any other game with an interesting concept and/or fun enough will be gladly taken into consideration. This includes homebrew software and games you can emulate on a PSP (but please add a tutorial. I would love to know more about emulation on PSP). I was thinking about getting Parappa The Rapper... is it worth it?

Dreddz
11-17-2007, 09:28 PM
No, Parappa the Rapper is not worth it. I'd recommend.....

Tekken: Dark Ressurection
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Jeanne D'arc
Silent Hill Origins

I also heard the Syphon Filter games for the PSP are good but Ive never played them.

cloud21zidane16
11-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is good.
I also enjoyed GTA liberty city/vice city stories:)

Necronopticous
11-17-2007, 11:42 PM
I'll just list off the games that I own, because I think they're all worthwhile.
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Every Extend Extra
Final Fantasy I: 20th Anniversary Edition
Final Fantasy II: 20th Anniversary Edition
Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War
Gitaroo Man Lives
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Jeanne D'Arc
LocoRoco
Lumines/Lumines II
Me & My Katamari
Metal Gear AC!D
Metal Gear AC!D 2
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
PaRappa the Rapper
PoPoLoCrois
Silent Hill Origins
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
WTF: Work Time Fun

o_O
11-17-2007, 11:55 PM
As far as homebrew and emulation go, the most important thing is not to update your firmware before knowing how that will change your unit's homebrew capabilities. A lot of the recent firmwares have exploits in which you need specific (and legitimate) games to use. If you're still back there on 1.*/2.* stay there.

Games that include firmware updates in them generally need that firmware to be installed before the game will execute, but you can install an application to spoof your PSP version to games. There are a bunch of custom firmwares which as far as I know are pretty much safe to use and they allow full homebrew capabilities.

Check here (http://www.psp-homebrew.eu/faq/index.php) for a very good FAQ.

Realm25
11-18-2007, 12:17 AM
PsP isn't worth even buying. The games for it are average at best, but nothing to write home about.

If you want graphics but no game play, yeah..PsP is the way to go, but if you're a gamer, you need a DS. There's really no alternative for real gamers.

Necronopticous
11-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Assuming that our Francesca is without a Nintendo DS is an exercise in naiveté.

Both is the way to go. The PSP library has become quite respectable at this point.

KoShiatar
11-18-2007, 05:08 AM
Necro is fully right. And honestly, you can't play handheld Chrono Cross on a DS! ^_*
(D'oh, O_o, your FAQ isn't loading right now. :( )

Big D
11-18-2007, 05:11 AM
I also heard the Syphon Filter games for the PSP are good but Ive never played them.The original Syphon Filter was a masterpiece on the PS1, and it's still a lot of fun. I'm sure the PSP port is good too.
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror was the first PSP Syphon Filter, and its PS2 port is great. Brilliant gameplay (except for no forward-roll:>O), and screeds of replay value.

Rostum
11-18-2007, 07:52 AM
And honestly, you can't play handheld Chrono Cross on a DS! ^_*

Don't make me cry, please? :(

Then again, I just got Phantom Hourglass and it is quite possibly one of the best Zelda games I have ever played (up there with LttP, Minish Cap and OoT).

Don't forget the new FFVII game for PSP, that looks like it's really good last I saw it.

XandrewX
11-18-2007, 09:20 AM
You mean Crisis Code?Anyway I wana know what game is nice to play in PSP too because I've bought a PSP a few months ago and I rarely play it..I just dunno which game is nice..

KoShiatar
11-18-2007, 11:12 AM
I've gotten Breath of Fire III because I'm a BOF series fan, for now.
Sorry Omecle é_č

@XandrewX: Crisis Core. But is it out in Europe yet? The worst part about PSP games is that they're not multi-language, so I have to buy most of them when I go back to Italy. But they're not always localized like Nintendo games are, so I sometimes find them in English even here.

xXsarahXx
11-19-2007, 11:00 AM
do it...DO IT NOW! Even if its only for FF tactics:war of the lions, thats an awesome game!
Silent hill Origins is good too!
And is Disgaea out yet?! OMG i need that game!!!!! hehe!

Polnareff
11-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Pretty much anything by Capcom, except Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble, and Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (Remixed is much better). The best games out of the Capcom stuff on PSP would have to be Breath of Fire III (only released in Japan and Europe on PSP), the two Mega Man remakes, and Darkstalkers Chronicles. Capcom Puzzle World is great since there's an enhanced version of Puzzle Fighter II Turbo in it.

Other than that, I suggest:

Guilty Gear Judgment
Puyo Pop Fever
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
PoPoLoCrois
Final Fantasy Tactics
Brave Story: New Traveler
Metal Gear AC!D 2 (fun card game)
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Sega Genesis Collection (if you don't already have it on PS2)

EDIT: Forgot one little note. If you get Capcom Puzzle World make sure it's a brand-new, sealed copy, as the first batch of games had some bad coding that caused the game to stop working (partly Capcom's fault, but more the fault of the company that helped them compile the games). The used ones have a chance of being the broken ones.