PDA

View Full Version : Trance...

No.78
11-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Is there anywhere on the big wide internetz where I can find me a guide that explains how Trance works...

Like, what makes Trance bar rise? Is it different per character or is everyone set to 'Stoic' if you know what I mean.

How does Zidane learn his Trance abilities exactly?

What does Garnet's do? Boost summon power? I guess that makes sense.

Vivi and Eiko make sense, Steiner does not. I'm assuming his attack power increases or something, which is dumb.

Now QUINA makes no sense, Cook is exactly the same as Eat, I swear.

And so on...

Also is there any way to control the flow of trance other than with high tide, just for my info.

SeeDRankLou
11-19-2007, 11:11 PM
what makes Trance bar rise? Is it different per character or is everyone set to 'Stoic' if you know what I mean.
The trance bar is basically a number between 0 and 255. When you take damage from the enemy, the character's trance bar rises by a rate from 1 to the character's Spirit stat. If that's an FFX reference then that metaphor is accurate.

How does Zidane learn his Trance abilities exactly?
All of the commands under his Skill menu will become his Dyne abilities when he trances. So learning his Skills will also net you his Dyne skills.

Garnet summons a weaker version of her Eidolons. However, while she is in trance, that Eidolon she summoned will randomly summon itself throughout the battle for no MP, until she summons another one.

Vivi and Eiko make sense, Steiner does not. I'm assuming his attack power increases or something, which is dumb.
Whenever anyone is in trance, they receive a 50% bonus to their damage. When Steiner is in trance, he receives a 300% increase, unless he's using the Blood Sword.

Quina can usually only Eat a monster when it is down to 1/4 of its HP. While in trance, Quina can Cook a monster who is down to 1/2 of its HP.

Also is there any way to control the flow of trance other than with high tide, just for my info.
The only way to control the flow of trance is to activate High Tide. With this, instead of the trance bar increasing from a rate between 1 and the character's Spirit stat, the trance bar will increase by a rate equal to the character's Spirit stat.

This is one of the many reasons that maxing Spirit is a good thing. However, most of these trances don't really do anything worthwhile. Zidane's is good for attacking groups, as is Garnet's. Steiner's and Quina's become irrelevant after a certain point. Eiko's and Amarant's can sometimes be rather useful. With the right set-up Vivi's is probably the most useful. But that's just my opinion.

Finola
11-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Garnet summons a weaker version of her Eidolons. However, while she is in trance, that Eidolon she summoned will randomly summon itself throughout the battle for no MP, until she summons another one.

I'm playing the game like the fifth time now and i have never realized that. Scary. Actually that happened two days ago, ifrit came out of nowhere but i didn't pay much attention to this action.
Thanks a lot that definitely cleared what's the difference while Dagger has her trance.

Juggernaut
11-24-2007, 04:24 AM
What does Amarant's trance do?

NeoCracker
11-24-2007, 04:49 AM
All of his attack hit only on ally or one enemy.

In trance they switch to all enemies or all Allies.

His Trance Chakra is nice. Heals HP and MP to the entire party, plus it generally heals by more MP than it uses.

No.78
11-30-2007, 11:30 PM

Quina can usually only Eat a monster when it is down to 1/4 of its HP. While in trance, Quina can Cook a monster who is down to 1/2 of its HP.

See, I assumed this was the case but whilst learning spells, Quina's Cook just seemed to be as crappy as Eat. Oh wellz.

And yes, Amarant is awesome in every possible way.