PDA

View Full Version : C&C My Setup Please

empower
11-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Alright I'm level 60ish and about to goto Pharos I believe.

I'm wondering how my equipment is. I only use Vaan, Basch, Fran and Ashe.

Vaan has:

Masamune
Magepower Shishak
Genji Armor
Genji Glove

Basch has:

Deathbringer
Crystal Shield
Magepower Shishak
Maximillian
Bubble Belt

Fran has:

Perseus Bow
Parallel Arrows
Gold Hairpin
Rubber Suit
Mage Ring? (Absorbs Holy and halves MP cost)

Ashe is my backup and has:

Rune Blade
Crystal Shield
Magepower Shishak
Maximillian
Bubble Belt

Vaan is extremely well rounded and helps out with curing. He is a great attacker with the Genji gear and Masamune. Good combos + counter rate.

Basch is a tank. He does lots of plain old brute attacking and I cast Bravery on him constantly

Fran is mostly a magic user and is in charge of casting Curaja and using buff spells when necessary. She also is set to cast bubble on herself and Vaan.

Ashe is well rounded much like Vaan but focuses mostly on magic like Fran does. I only sub her in to rip off a new Mist combo.

When magic is key against and enemy, everyone really chips and in uses spells with Fran as the key wielder however. She is the only one I use magic gambits with for -aga spells and the like. Others will get manual commands to do so. Everyone has a gambit for using either remedies or Esuna as well as Phoenix downs or Revive if their HP is crit.

rayquaza0
01-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Your equipment is looking great for a number of reasons
1) its obvious for Vaan that he's the damage dealer with gear such as masamune and genji gloves, my bash has masamune w/ genji gloves and is constantly bubbled/decoyed/beserked, his dmg is over 4500! i want to imagine how much it would deal after i give him the Zodiac spear =\ it's also obvious that Vaan can take the damage with the heave gear you got going.

Basch is the obvious tank but with the crysstal shield he's not going to evade that much with that shield however can i recommend you to get the kaiser/aeigis/Ensanguined Shield/demon or zodiac Escutcheon (esp Ensanguined Shield) you can evade hell good! esp if you have the main gauche dagger.

Fran is a greatcaster with the gear you got going (it's called the sage's ring =P) the sage's ring really cuts the mp cost esp if you have the chanelling licences! the bow you got is also good but u should try stick mainly to casting since i personally see no point of using a ranged weopon in boss fights or any fight if you cant use the Ensanguined Shield which gives a whopping 90 evade! FTW! Your gonna get killed anyway in boss fights so why not deal more damage =\? The only exception i see for this is if your intentionally trying to inflict a status effect w/o using spells since they take a fair amount of time. You also have the sage's ring so your mp cost of spells is gonna be low and fran naturally has high mp, so no need of worrying about low mp exept for when fighting bosses with the magick field (e.g rufflesia, ultima)just get your quickening to lv3 and its ok. also have a gambit for fran; Fran<10%MP (>) Charge, that gambit never misses!

For Ashe i think it's really smart having a backup, that would really help a fight if someone has fallen esp tank, you should however give her a better sword and the Ensanguined Shield since basch will fall first since u said he's the tank. Remember you can equip shields to anyone anytime you want.

Overall, you really dont need this setup if your just going to do the main story line, the last boss, the undying, is just lv 50+ and since your already past lv 60

Alright I'm level 60ish and about to go to Pharos I believe.
i would imagine you would really ®wn the main bosses in the main storyline

I hope you took this critism's/comments in a good way