PDA

View Full Version : Falling asleep in school/work

Rengori
11-18-2007, 03:53 AM
How often do you succumb to massive bored and just figure that class or work is a good place to go to sleep?

Any good stories come out of it?

Ouch!
11-18-2007, 03:59 AM
I made a habit of sleeping through German daily during the first semester of senior year. I also slept an awful lot in my English class. A friend in the latter admitted at the end of the year that he was upset I slept through class every day and still got an A on every essay while he could only manage a B.

My best sleeping-in-class story isn't about me, though. In my sophomore English class, my friend Andrew was sleeping through a lecture. The teacher called on him, waking him up, and asks, "What did I just say?" Andrew proceeded to repeat the teacher's last three sentences word for word. The teacher could only say, "You're very good at what you do."

Vermachtnis
11-18-2007, 04:05 AM
I fall asleep in Biology all the time. The best story is was in the eleventh grade. It was Chemistry and I fell asleep. The girl front tried to wake me up and I ended up falling out my chair. I took her with me somehow :D

Jojee
11-18-2007, 04:54 AM
There was a time in high school when class was where I got most of my daily sleep :p

Now that I'm in college, if I'm going to sleep through class anyway then I figure I might as well just not go. ;3

oddler
11-18-2007, 05:11 AM
When I used to work on third shift, I would take all my breaks at once and have a nice hour-long nap session in my car. :p

Shlup
11-18-2007, 05:19 AM
I had a student fall asleep in one of my classes once. He woke up to me in his face and the entire class laughing at him. It was fun.

Rase
11-18-2007, 05:55 AM
I have yet to fall asleep in a class, but I've come pretty close in my Intro to Lit class a few time this year.
When I worked I was always on my feet and thus couldn't sleep.

Seraphic
11-18-2007, 06:03 AM
I usually doze off and stuff when I'm really bored and stuff,but I've never flat out put my head on the desk and stuff.
Well....sometimes in psychology,but that was more putting my head down,not really sleeping...lol I still listened ^-^
Now I just try my hardest not to fall asleep,usually poking my leg with a pencil or just constantly moving in my chair so I dont miss anything lol

KoShiatar
11-18-2007, 06:07 AM
I only fell asleep once during a university Japanese literature lesson. There was a break between the two hours of lesson and I laid my head on the desk for just a second, and next thing I knew the teacher was talking, and I was trying to understand what had just happened.
I told off my friend beside me for not waking me up, and she smiled at me and said "Oh, but you were sleeping so well!"

blackmage_nuke
11-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Ive had alot of lessons where im resting, but only one where ive actually fallen asleep.

I was starting to dribbling before someone woke me up

themagicroundabout
11-18-2007, 12:11 PM
I used to sleep through Maths and Science a lot last year. But now I don't have to do those, and I'm doing subjects which I actually find interesting, so I've yet to nod off in any class. :roll:

Awrini
11-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Every time I work 3rd shift, at least one hour is replaced with sleep.

cloud21zidane16
11-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Ive never fallen asleep but once i was given a coursework deadline in IT, so i planned to just rest and relax every lesson for about 3 weeks by playing games and going on EoFF and stuff:) Then i just did all the work in the last week:D

Griff
11-18-2007, 05:00 PM
I purposely put all my tutorials in the mornings so I can sleep til noon.

Jess
11-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I fell asleep at school a few times but at college I don't sleep because I actually want to be there and do well. :jess:

rubah
11-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I fall asleep too easily in physics :(

Zeldy
11-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I have yet to ever fall asleep in class. I need complete darkness and it has to be silent for me to fall asleep anyway. I've 'rested my eyes' a few times with my head on the desk. Teacher's tell us off for it, though.

Fonzie
11-18-2007, 06:00 PM
World History and CC.