PDA

View Full Version : Caluclator problem

blackmage_nuke
11-18-2007, 09:12 AM
I have a Casio fx-82MS scientific calculator, and though theres no buttons that suggest it might be able to use complex numbers, when i angle the calcuator right and look at the screen I can see CMPLX up the top line where all the modes are. I dont know why they would put that there if you couldnt turn the thing on so maybe im missing something. Can i change it to cmplx? if so how?

Del Murder
11-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Kind of a 'no duh' suggestion, but have you tried reading the manual?

blackmage_nuke
11-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Yep, it was pretty much the first thing i did when i found te "CMPLX" letters. I doesnt seem to mention it

Kirobaito
11-24-2007, 09:49 PM
No, it cannot. I have no idea why it says that on there, but <a href="http://www.cassafe.com/component/page,shop.product_details/category_id,19/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,97/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=19&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=97&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1">this site</a> says no.

Mirage
11-24-2007, 09:55 PM
My Casio CFX 9850GC has an OPTN key that lets you select lots of functions that aren't too commonly used. Dunno if yours have a key like that, but try looking for one :p.

Oh, I just checked which model you had, and realized it's not as advanced as the one I have. Nevermind what I said then, probably.

They might just be using the same LCD display for several models to save manufacturing costs.